Former Cowboys in NFL Minicamps

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
TJ was a “surprise” player in mini-camp. Interesting. He was a contributor last season and I remember reading an article before the super bowl where he was picked to have a breakout year next season . I hope he does well, except 2 games per year.

I remember going round and round with idiots on here that said he was stupid to go pro early when he did.

GO TJ get that money!

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
TJ was a “surprise” player in mini-camp. Interesting. He was a contributor last season and I remember reading an article before the super bowl where he was picked to have a breakout year next season . I hope he does well, except 2 games per year.

I remember going round and round with idiots on here that said he was stupid to go pro early when he did.

GO TJ get that money!
Tee HIggins (leading WR CIN), Carson Wentz, Laviska Shenault were some other players in the "surprise" player article. Just players that seem to be taking a big step towards improvement since the end of the season.

Jan 4, 2005
The Chicago Bears cut their starting LT to pave way for Tevin Jenkins to start there day 1. If he struggles on the left side they have swing tackle and Tevin would move back over to RT, but either way they are expecting him to start immediately. It's a pretty exciting opportunity for him to potentially protect Justin Fields for a very long time.
Jenkins.jpg

Aug 19, 2006
i was surprised to see Madre Harper pop up on that list. Never thought he was an NFL caliber db when he was here.

Don't remember the specifics of why he was offered the opportunity to transfer out but it seemed like there were some character issues involved. Wasn't popular with his teammates. Good for him that he got his career turned around.

Jan 4, 2005
Bad news for Tevin Jenkins, he has to have back surgery and may miss the entire year. This appears to be a different injury than the one he sustained in Bedlam last year. Hopefully this doesn't turn into chronic back issues.

We really need one of our early round picks (rounds 1-3) to start performing at the next level for recruiting purposes. Ogbah is about the only one since 2010 that has had a successful NFL career.

Aug 16, 2012
Bad news for Tevin Jenkins, he has to have back surgery and may miss the entire year. This appears to be a different injury than the one he sustained in Bedlam last year. Hopefully this doesn't turn into chronic back issues.

We really need one of our early round picks (rounds 1-3) to start performing at the next level for recruiting purposes. Ogbah is about the only one since 2010 that has had a successful NFL career.
Was not a draft pick and can be considered on the downside of his career now, but Lane Taylor was pretty salty.

Jan 4, 2005
Was not a draft pick and can be considered on the downside of his career now, but Lane Taylor was pretty salty.
Definitely. Chris Carson has way outperformed expectations, he's a top 15 RB when he's healthy. And Tre Flowers gets a lot of playing time and a handful of starts as a 3rd CB in Seattle.

But that's not going to wow top-notch recruits like it did when we could point to Dez Bryant, Russell Okung, and Kevin Williams out there dominating on Sundays.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Matt Ammendola is on the Jets roster and they had a second kicker as well but that guy missed a couple of kicks in the first preseason game so they told him to hit the road. So right now Matt is the only kicker they have. But kicking is a weird position in the NFL and teams bring in free agents all the time. Dan Bailey is currently unsigned but I expect him to get a look from some team if they are struggling with the kicking game.