Football Players Coming Back in 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
All of the guys that play in these type bowl games are paid. I guess the only question would be if he turned down the offer to play in the game but I don't think the Hula Bowl would go through the effort to announce it on twitter with custom graphics just to invite the guy.
You sure about the players getting paid? Sr. Bowl used to but stopped over 20 years ago.

As for the graphics, they did that with every player. Just go to their website and they all pop up and they all say invite.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
This one shocks me. A local kid. A walk-on earns a scholarship, earns a starting spot. Gets significant targets. TW is going pro, DS is going pro, TE Woods is moving on. He would be a probably the most experienced WR on the roster and probably a focal point of our passing game. Instead he is wanting to enter the portal to find a new home?

The grass isn’t always greener... But you do you. Best of luck!

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
We’re going to have to have some people step up in the WR position and/or get some help from the portal.
With Wallace, Stoner, Wolf, Woods and Chuba gone that accounted for 141/207 receptions (68%).
Hopefully Johnson, Presley, and Martin have big off seasons.

Jan 14, 2006
So, in a perfect world, Etienne and Godlevske come in and are upgrades at LT and C.

If that happens we've got:
LT Etienne/Springfield
LG Sills/Wilson
C Godlevske/Williams
RG Birmingham/Woodard
RT Anthony/Miterko?

That's a legit 2 deep with 8 of the 10 having D1 starting experience. Much better place than where were.

Even if Etienne can't jump right in, Springfield did a pretty good job for a walk-on Freshman.

Someone with more access might have a different take but I feel confident Coach Dickey can do something with that.

A lot of guys were forced onto the field this year and will have an offseason and spring to take the next step.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
Our OL "unofficial" two deep for the Cheez-it bowl included:
4 red shirt freshmen
2 red shirt sophomores
2 freshmen

That is a really young group. The two deep for left guard and left tackle were 4 red shirt freshmen. Sills said he is coming back and we have a transfer center that looks good. Those young guys will be a year bigger, stronger and smarter next year, so I expect to have a pretty salty OL.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Our OL "unofficial" two deep for the Cheez-it bowl included:
4 red shirt freshmen
2 red shirt sophomores
2 freshmen

That is a really young group. The two deep for left guard and left tackle were 4 red shirt freshmen. Sills said he is coming back and we have a transfer center that looks good. Those young guys will be a year bigger, stronger and smarter next year, so I expect to have a pretty salty OL.
I will believe it when I see it.

Nov 6, 2010
So, in a perfect world, Etienne and Godlevske come in and are upgrades at LT and C.

LT Etienne/Springfield
LG Sills/Wilson
C Godlevske/Williams
RG Birmingham/Woodard
RT Anthony/Miterko?

That's a legit 2 deep with 8 of the 10 having D1 starting experience. Much better place than where were.

Even if Etienne can't jump right in, Springfield did a pretty good job for a walk-on Freshman.

Someone with more access might have a different take but I feel confident Coach Dickey can do something with that.

A lot of guys were forced onto the field this year and will have an offseason and spring to take the next step.
I wasn't impressed with Anthony and Birmingham on that right side in the first game. They both looked very slow-footed. But Tulsa turned out to have some pretty good players on D, so maybe that was part of it.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

LT Etienne/Springfield
LG Sills/Wilson
C Godlevske/Williams
RG Birmingham/Woodard
RT Anthony/Miterko?

People may definitely disagree, but I think there is at least a chance Sills stays at RT. As poor as his performance was on the left side vs Kstate, I thought he played quite well from the 2nd half of Bedlam onwards. PFF actually had him 3rd team Big 12 at RT, and Tevin was first team. I also suspect that might be what he would want... versatility is a key trait for guys at the NFL level, and Sills really does have the requisite height and build to play tackle as well as guard.

Preston Wilson is another guy who played pretty darn well, but it could be a bit of scheme decision for Dickey if he wants to go with a lighter more mobile guard like Wilson. Not sure what’s going to happen with Anthony, but with his body he’s definitely an asset.And I’m excited to see what happens with the guys who went through the Glass transformation specifically Eli Russ. Maybe the line up could look something like this?

LT Etienne/Springfield
LG Wilson/Russ
C Godlevske/Williams
RG Birmingham/Woodard
RT Sills/Anthony

At the very least this is a very deep unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk