Florida GOP state Congressional hopeful secretly recorded saying he will get Russian and Ukraine hit squads to kill GOP primary challenger

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1405479055831535624

MIAMI — A little-known GOP candidate in one of Florida’s most competitive congressional seats was secretly recorded threatening to send “a Russian and Ukrainian hit squad” to a fellow Republican opponent to make her “disappear.”
During a 30-minute call with a conservative activist that was recorded before he became a candidate, William Braddock repeatedly warned the activist to not support GOP candidate Anna Paulina Luna in the Republican primary for a Tampa Bay-area congressional seat because he had access to assassins. The seat is being vacated by Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.), who is running for governor.
“I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America,” Braddock said at one point in the conversation last week, according to the recording exclusively obtained by POLITICO. “That will break my heart. But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Luna is a f---ing speed bump in the road. She's a dead squirrel you run over every day when you leave the neighborhood.”

In the recording, Braddock early in the call brought up the alleged assassins. He also made rambling statements about getting financial help from fellow Freemasons or by somehow importing millions of dollars from Malta and Gibraltar.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1405479055831535624

MIAMI — A little-known GOP candidate in one of Florida’s most competitive congressional seats was secretly recorded threatening to send “a Russian and Ukrainian hit squad” to a fellow Republican opponent to make her “disappear.”
During a 30-minute call with a conservative activist that was recorded before he became a candidate, William Braddock repeatedly warned the activist to not support GOP candidate Anna Paulina Luna in the Republican primary for a Tampa Bay-area congressional seat because he had access to assassins. The seat is being vacated by Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.), who is running for governor.
“I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America,” Braddock said at one point in the conversation last week, according to the recording exclusively obtained by POLITICO. “That will break my heart. But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Luna is a f---ing speed bump in the road. She's a dead squirrel you run over every day when you leave the neighborhood.”

In the recording, Braddock early in the call brought up the alleged assassins. He also made rambling statements about getting financial help from fellow Freemasons or by somehow importing millions of dollars from Malta and Gibraltar.
That's rather interesting.....
Seems like a nice lady to me.
https://twitter.com/VoteAPL/status/1404439222942109700?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
That's rather interesting.....
Seems like a nice lady to me.
https://twitter.com/VoteAPL/status/1404439222942109700?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
This seems like the kind of candidate the republicans should be promoting - but I don't know if she's crazy enough for the current leadership.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Not young enough for you, IIRC.
The pic he posted was cringeworthy for a potential elected official but he has a point.

I don't want to take anything away from AOC but I'd bet money she got elected more on her looks than her policy. Love her or hate her, she is clearly a smart composed individual but she had a primary in a safe blue district against a 60 year old man and I'm guessing everyone under the age of 40 wanted someone they were more relatable to.

I'd bet the same thing happens here. You have a really purple district-they went +1 Obama, +4 Clinton and +5 Biden the last 3 election cycles. That seems like a trend but it's an urban district and Trump struggled in those type of districts so in a midterm year it's not that much of a stretch to say they swing the other way. Plus from what I can tell she is trying to be a really vanilla Republican and distance herself from Trump. If she were an old white guy who knows what happens but being a 30something who is attractive, I can see where the creepy guy vote gets her elected.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Also it's weird no one, aside from @TheMonkey has made a comment about how messed up this is.

Someone said they were going to call in a hit on a political opponent. That's nuts.

I don't care about the guys politics, but really hope he is in jail right now.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
That's your bias showing. Ted Cruz is a great politician. I'd never vote for him but I'll admit he knows exactly what he is doing. He sold his wife and dad out because it was politically convenient. And it worked in his favor. Diabolical but politically smart. That's insane but also clever.

AOC is the same way. I'd take a John Kasich over her any day of the week but you have to admit she is brilliant in her role. If you can't accept it, well take a step back and think about what your "unbiased media" is telling you.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
That's your bias showing. Ted Cruz is a great politician. I'd never vote for him but I'll admit he knows exactly what he is doi
No, saying she is smart and composed is questionable at best.

You watch her bizarre ramblings, while sitting on the kitchen floor eating chips, on Instagram a couple of years ago? Or her several of her committee questions..or her statements about the Green New Deal? Smart is not a word I would link to her.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
No, saying she is smart and composed is questionable at best.

You watch her bizarre ramblings, while sitting on the kitchen floor eating chips, on Instagram a couple of years ago? Or her several of her committee questions..or her statements about the Green New Deal? Smart is not a word I would link to her.
Yet we are derailing this thread because you can't admit that she is smart about what she does. If you don't agree with her agenda I understand. Like I said, I'm not a fan. But you have to admit she is pretty good at doing what she does. Love her or hate her she is effective at getting her message across.

Mar 11, 2006
Yet we are derailing this thread because you can't admit that she is smart about what she does. If you don't agree with her agenda I understand. Like I said, I'm not a fan. But you have to admit she is pretty good at doing what she does. Love her or hate her she is effective at getting her message across.
Don’t agree at all that she is smart, There are lots of people I disagree politically, but know they are whip-smart.
But agree with you that she is effective at getting her message across.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Don’t agree at all that she is smart, There are lots of people I disagree politically, but know they are whip-smart.
But agree with you that she is effective at getting her message across.
If she is effective then why don't you agree that she is smart about it? Do you think she is just really lucky or does she have an agenda that she is capable of delivering?

To be fair I feel the same about MTG. For a while I thought she was a nutter. But honestly she's not crazy. She knows her role, her base, and is getting stupid rich profiting off it. I hope she gets expelled from congress tomorrow for campaign finance violations but she gets a tip of the cap for the role she is playing.

Mar 11, 2006
If she is effective then why don't you agree that she is smart about it? Do you think she is just really lucky or does she have an agenda that she is capable of delivering?

To be fair I feel the same about MTG. For a while I thought she was a nutter. But honestly she's not crazy. She knows her role, her base, and is getting stupid rich profiting off it. I hope she gets expelled from congress tomorrow for campaign finance violations but she gets a tip of the cap for the role she is playing.
AOC is not crazy, just not nearly as smart as elected leaders should be.
MTG is a loon.