First Game Takeaways 2022 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Actually it was cowbell who started that in January. You found the post that I used as a response. I was talking down on sanders months before the season started, not comparing the two guys' production 3 weeks into the season.
No, actually you started it in January, as soon as your 2 Heisman candidates left.

Yup.

This time for Dillon Gabriel to shine. J Dart come on down. And then there’s Nick Evers. And Jackson Arnold in the 23 class Who really likes Oklahoma a lot.

Hot dang the future is bright. I haven’t followed OK state recruiting, are they in on some big names at qb too?

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
And week 3 is a bad place to judge my statement.
LOL. Week 3 is only a bad time to judge your statement because it remains false. You will say the same after week 4, after week 5, etc. You would be chirping your ass off if Gabriel was the one playing better.
No it’s a bad time to judge that statement because it’s only week three.

I think it’s pretty clear that my statement was a reference to the entire season.

So, why would I care about the accumulated statistics through the third week?

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Actually it was cowbell who started that in January. You found the post that I used as a response. I was talking down on sanders months before the season started, not comparing the two guys' production 3 weeks into the season.
No, actually you started it in January, as soon as your 2 Heisman candidates left.

Yup.

This time for Dillon Gabriel to shine. J Dart come on down. And then there’s Nick Evers. And Jackson Arnold in the 23 class Who really likes Oklahoma a lot.

Hot dang the future is bright. I haven’t followed OK state recruiting, are they in on some big names at qb too?
How is that considered smack talk?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX

I think it’s pretty clear that my statement was a reference to the entire season.

Do you understand how sports banter works? I didn't say I sealed the bet win already. It's clear my guy is in the lead, though. It's notable given your preseason boasting.
I already gave you the option of not coming back until the season was over...you can take me up on it....

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
How is that considered smack talk?
How is it not?
I initially made no mention of any quarterback playing for any other program. Just mine. I wasn’t saying he is better, I wasn’t disparaging anyone else in my attempt to prop my guy up.

I follow that up replying in a separate post, by saying I would be very surprised if Sanders had the better season.

Explain how this is smack talk.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010

Do you understand how sports banter works? I didn't say I sealed the bet win already. It's clear my guy is in the lead, though. It's notable given your preseason boasting.
I already gave you the option of not coming back until the season was over...you can take me up on it....
Yes

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
@Midnight Toker
We're off this week so nothing better to do than watch your game.

What's your prediction for OU-K-State?

Does Gabriel pass Sanders in yards and TDs with a whole extra game?
Ugh, I typed out a nice response, then accidentally deleted it. Awesome.

Enjoy the game, it'll be fun under the lights, it's a good show. Lots of other intriguing games out there other than just OU- but that's the thing about rivalries that you show here, and why we want to maintain them- to have someone to hate. That's what I do too. So i'll be hate watching texas play tech and usc play osu. Hatred can generate as much interest as love, you're just as interested in watching your team win as a team you hate lose. But if you dont play each other, the hatred kind of wears off over time. I bet you'd be way more interested in watching a random team play OU than you would texas, or baylor, or tulsa. maybe baylor will become your new rival, but it takes time for real hatred to sink in. The relationship between baylor and osu is too cordial for that. It's why i never hated nebraska, the relationship was cordial. unlike with you guys and texas. It's full of animosity.

It makes me wonder, does osu have a rival anymore? Is there a game on their schedule that will guarantee a sellout every time like they do when OU comes to town? I looked at the ratings, bedlam was far and away the most watched osu regular season game last year. For the record, the baylor osu regular season game had less than 1 million views. but the game vs iowa state had 2.6 million. go figure. But even that was not even half of what bedlam viewership was, 6.5 million.

Anyway, sorry, back on topic.

Kstate has a meh offense but a pretty salty defense. i think you should bet the under. Final score 38-17 OU

JT Daniels is the one to catch here, not sanders, but since neither of them play this week, Gabriel will most likely take the passing yardage lead but will he get 4 pass touchdowns against the purples? dunno. my guess is they will try to stack the box and make Gabriel beat them so it's possible.

Your prediction?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
It makes me wonder, does osu have a rival anymore? Is there a game on their schedule that will guarantee a sellout every time like they do when OU comes to town?
We sold out Arkansas-Pine Bluff, so...

Kstate has a meh offense but a pretty salty defense. i think you should bet the under. Final score 38-17 OU

JT Daniels is the one to catch here, not sanders, but since neither of them play this week, Gabriel will most likely take the passing yardage lead but will he get 4 pass touchdowns against the purples? dunno. my guess is they will try to stack the box and make Gabriel beat them so it's possible.

Your prediction?
That'll be nice to give Gabriel some confidence if he's able to take the lead for a week. Could pass Sanders in yards and TDs in the air, likely will still be behind him in total TDs.

24-21, OU

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
We sold out Arkansas-Pine Bluff, so...

Nice, i bet if you scheduled them every year, it would sell out every time.

Also found it interesting that the osu vs pine bluff viewership was so low so as to not even register a rating. Which suggest the viewership was less than 200k. So that's what you could look forward to against south dakota state when you could be playing in a more interesting game that people outside stillwater want to see. I mean, even UT Martin vs boise state had a rating.

That'll be nice to give Gabriel some confidence if he's able to take the lead for a week. Could pass Sanders in yards and TDs in the air, likely will still be behind him in total TDs.

24-21, OU
Gabriel got his confidence by starting 30 games, he knows himself. Good thing is over the next few games, there will be more separation between them. It's just so early for these sort of comparisons for a myriad of reasons.

I'm not sure ksu has the offense to put up 21. Maybe after a garbage touchdown against the 2s.

Also, no comment on your new rival? possibly because you cant think of one ? I sure cant think of one. maybe tulsa since they play them pretty much annually now.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Nice, i bet if you scheduled them every year, it would sell out every time.

Also found it interesting that the osu vs pine bluff viewership was so low so as to not even register a rating. Which suggest the viewership was less than 200k. So that's what you could look forward to against south dakota state when you could be playing in a more interesting game that people outside stillwater want to see. I mean, even UT Martin vs boise state had a rating.
Of course the Boise game had more viewers. It was on regular cable. OSU was on ESPN+.

Be smart.