Fire Gundy and Yurcich

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangendn

Territorial Marshal
Nov 17, 2004
El Reno, OK
Clock management.

He has had several situations where clock management has gotten out hand. But those did not cost him a game like this one.

In 2011 against aTm OSU had to take a safety to end the game because OSU could not run out the clock. Earlier in that game-ending drive OSU took the snap and the qb immediately went down. Weeden did not stand in place for a few seconds each play but instead went right down and that cost OSU in the form of saving a few seconds. In that situation OSU had to snap the ball to Blackmon who then ran back into his own endzone (Blackmon remains the only player in NCAA history to have a forward touchback and a retreating touchback in the same game). Had Weeden just stood there a few more seconds each snap then OSU can run out the clock.

And now this. Absolutely disaster that could have been avoided. I was thinking OSU should have run around a few more seconds because...well we all know what happened.

Feb 5, 2007
Promote Glenn Spencer.

Not because we lost. It's the way we lost. That was the worst job of coaching I have ever seen at any level. The offense looks like a dysfunctional highschool unit. Too many gimmicks and trying to be cute.

I have so much more to say, but I think I will cool off first.

Feb 5, 2007
Defense had a few bad moments. But they gave us every chance to win that game. The offense and game management was as bad as I have seen in recent memory.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Yurcich for sure. Remember when we would have dropped 50 on CMU? In the first half? Yeah, those were the days. The oline has covered for him long enough, he's terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2011
The defense gave up more than 400 yards and 30 points to CMU! Let them convert more than 50% of 3rd downs. Gave up a 95 yard TD drive. Oh, and let them score on a desperation hail mary to win the game.

Defense shoulders a huge amount of blame in this game.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
What does Gundy make per year? 4.5mil? Probably should give all of this year's salary back for that blunder.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
The defense gave up more than 400 yards and 30 points to CMU! Let them convert more than 50% of 3rd downs. Gave up a 95 yard TD drive. Oh, and let them score on a desperation hail mary to win the game.

Defense shoulders a huge amount of blame in this game.
I won't argue any of that. But Presbyterian scored three on them. You're telling me were only 24 points better than that?

Aug 30, 2011
I won't argue any of that. But Presbyterian scored three on them. You're telling me were only 24 points better than that?

Our offense was very mediocre (and at times downright bad) today. They also shoulder a lot of blame. I was just pointing out that the defense also failed us today.

Aug 24, 2015
Provo, UT
I'm watching Tulsa right now and I'm wondering how Glenn Spencer is a better choice than Bill Young.

Tulsa is also getting a better push on Ohio State's D-line than our O-line got on CMU's D-line. Now I know there are plenty of excuses for why our offensive line sucks, and the kids try hard, and anyone who criticizes is mean, and blah blah blah...but certainly we can at least get the level of talent Tulsa has on the offensive line.

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Our offense was very mediocre (and at times downright bad) today. They also shoulder a lot of blame. I was just pointing out that the defense also failed us today.
The problem with putting this on the defense, is that fact they were on the field the whole second half and much of the first. The time of possession disparity used to not matter, because we scored 40 points a game. Our defense is fine, but they were gassed by the end. Credit to them for getting the fumble and interception. On the offense for now being able to run out the clock.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
I'm watching Tulsa right now and I'm wondering how Glenn Spencer is a better choice than Bill Young.

Tulsa is also getting a better push on Ohio State's D-line than our O-line got on CMU's D-line. Now I know there are plenty of excuses for why our offensive line sucks, and the kids try hard, and anyone who criticizes is mean, and blah blah blah...but certainly we can at least get the level of talent Tulsa has on the offensive line.
Last weeks opponent is probably the only team that our OL will be better than for the rest of the year.

Feb 5, 2007
Defense was not great, but they beat up a really good QB and came up with two turnovers when we needed them.

The problem was the offense. And Gundy forgetting his balls and brains at home for that last offensive drive.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
The problem with putting this on the defense, is that fact they were on the field the whole second half and much of the first. The time of possession disparity used to not matter, because we scored 40 points a game. Our defense is fine, but they were gassed by the end. Credit to them for getting the fumble and interception. On the offense for now being able to run out the clock.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
And I got a good chuckle when the announcer stated how our defense is usually worn out bc of how fast we play. I guess he meant how fast we go 3 and out

Status
Not open for further replies.