FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
About the worst Yang take I have seen. Essentially he is claiming that polling data should be a high-priority consideration in criminal investigations.
I read that as "his polling (popularity) will now go up (substantially) due to this investigation"... not how you read it. :blink:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
About the worst Yang take I have seen. Essentially he is claiming that polling data should be a high-priority consideration in criminal investigations.
Honestly, the more he talks, the less I am impressed with him. He isn't great on social issues and is tone deaf very frequently. This comment is a case in point.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
My thoughts are this is very damaging to the democrats' midterm hopes. So........... In order for them to throw away an election, there is something here. There has to be.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/chuckcallesto/status/1557007197346959360?s=21&t=-BCgR5LT3HN91EkCKfD2XQ
Wonder what/who the other warrants are for?

Reinhart is one of three federal magistrate judges in the West Palm Beach offices of the US District Court for the Southern District Court of Florida, along with William Matthewman and Ryon McCabe.

Two recent warrant applications were assigned to Reinhart and entered into the court system on Monday, the Miami Herald reported, but those warrants and information about who they targeted remain sealed. Records show another warrant was issued by Reinhart on Friday, but its contents were also sealed.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
My thoughts are this is very damaging to the democrats' midterm hopes. So........... In order for them to throw away an election, there is something here. There has to be.
Can't just be for this. Judge had 3 warrants. I think we are only hearing about 1 of them

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1556826123698425856

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Can't just be for this. Judge had 3 warrants. I think we are only hearing about 1 of them

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1556826123698425856
They have to have something. If not, MTG is going to be the one that is on the right side of history. So help me God.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
Exactly how I read it. The implication being that the raid should not have happened for that reason.
That is not at all how I interpreted Yang’s tweet. He is not remotely claiming that “polling data should be a high priority consideration in federal investigations.” I don’t see how anyone could make that leap from his tweet.

I think Yang is stating the obvious. Trump’s appeal to his base, and to other even outside his base, is he is against the “deep state”. A raid that doesn’t garner strong and damning evidence will help him.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
And, along with that is the fact that even if there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, a large portion of his supporters are not reasonable so this will cause harm even if true. Nice to know that at least some in government still are wanting to do the right thing not the best thing for politics.

May 31, 2007
Concord
Do we know yet if the Feds took anything out of there? I keep seeing people say they found an “empty safe” but I am finding that very hard to believe. I’m sure if the search came up empty Trump would already be screaming about it.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Former chairman of the Republican National Committee

I haven't really followed this story. What is the crime that Trump is being accused of committing? Was all of this really over him not returning classified documents requested by the National Archives? There have to be more details than this.