FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
IMO, this has a horrible outcome. It will further the divide between the parties and stirs up the Trump crazies all over again.

I voted for Trump over Hillary and Biden mostly due to the fact the opponents weren't viable options in my opinion. I wish there were different candidates and DON'T want Trump to run again. Unless he's goes to jail, unfortunately it looks like this will shoot him to the top of the candidates even though he may have been there already. We could be stuck with mentally challenged Biden vs crazy, unhinged Trump all over again.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
All this sky is falling/banana republic talk because Trump was served with a duly executed search warrant is coming from the same type of people that no doubt chanted "lock her up" during their Beloved Leader's campaign and after the election.

Color me dubious about their sincerity and concern about the state of the Republic. I'm taking their claims with ocean-full grains of salt.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Liberal posters now claiming “fear mongering” and "banana republic talk", that’s rich coming from a party that likes to claim republicans will roll your grandmother over a cliff in a wheelchair and doesn't believe the door swings both ways with the DOJ and FBI.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
It appears that the FBI is doing it's best to make sure Trump runs again..

Just let the guy back on twitter and people will remember quickly enough why he is not president and the current jackwagon is.

Feb 7, 2011
The banana republic activity was January 6, 2020. That banana republic activity is now being addressed in the form of grand juries, hearings, sopoenas. If President Trump is guilty of obstruction of Justice, destroying government property, interfering with election officials and dereliction of duty it needs to come out in court.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
This thread is suspiciously void of Trump supporters. I guess their pushback happens tomorrow?

This also just feels like Trump thinking the FBI (and other federal agencies) was bluffing that he had to return classified documents. They apparently were not. Lesson learned. Don't hoard classified documents at home, even if you're a former president. Also, yes, I'm aware of Hilary's email and the stupid server. Those also got subpoenaed and reviewed, including reviewed when they took Anthony Weiner's computers and extended that to Huma. A large part of me is curious as to why the hell he didn't have them destroyed. What the f was he hanging onto them for?

Final thought: if you're going to execute a warrant at a former president's home, there better be something massive to it.
Add to the Hillary email server the claims about Hunter Biden. Trump had 4 years to prosecute Hunter Biden for whatever crimes he was being accused of. Yet, nothing happened.
Which means:
1. Trump as president allowed powerful people to commit crimes without cost other than political cheap shots and he and all the cronies defending him expected the same treatment. (the opposite of draining the swamp)
2. Trump knows there is nothing to the claims about Hunter Biden.

If Hunter Biden committed crimes, lock him up. But, if you are going to claim to be an effectual leader, you look like a fool witnessing leadership go after crime while claiming others get away with it when you were the very one that let them get away with it.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Add to the Hillary email server the claims about Hunter Biden. Trump had 4 years to prosecute Hunter Biden for whatever crimes he was being accused of. Yet, nothing happened.
Which means:
1. Trump as president allowed powerful people to commit crimes without cost other than political cheap shots and he and all the cronies defending him expected the same treatment. (the opposite of draining the swamp)
2. Trump knows there is nothing to the claims about Hunter Biden.

If Hunter Biden committed crimes, lock him up. But, if you are going to claim to be an effectual leader, you look like a fool witnessing leadership go after crime while claiming others get away with it when you were the very one that let them get away with it.
If his last name was Trump the FBI would have already initiated the extensive investigation and issued the search warrants, so please don't try and act like there isn't a double standard.