FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I’m not as worried about this because I think Trump is the exception. His malignant narcissism makes him believe he is above the law, to an extent even greater than any other president. He has no respect for the office, or the law. Unless we resume in electing similar extreme narcissists as POTUS, this shouldn’t be a recurring issue.
You could be right BUT there are just as many people on the other side who see Biden as just the other side of the coin, enriching his family and using his son Hunter to do so. I can definitely see a future where any of the potential GOP candidates who run against him or Kamala go after the 'Big Man' if they win for his questionable practices as well. Thus starting the vicious cycle.....

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You could be right BUT there are just as many people on the other side who see Biden as just the other side of the coin, enriching his family and using his son Hunter to do so. I can definitely see a future where any of the potential GOP candidates who run against him or Kamala go after the 'Big Man' if they win for his questionable practices as well. Thus starting the vicious cycle.....
The so-called vicious cycle was already started with Trump chanting "lock her up" during the election and trying to make it happen after he won.

I really don't get what you are saying here about Hunter Biden. Do you think that if Trump hadn't been investigated, people on the other side wouldn't be advocating investigating Hunter Biden and others.

But I don't see it as a viscous cycle. I see it as people being held accountable for their wrongdoing. Investigate Hunter, investigate Trump, investigate all of them based upon the legal standard established of reasonable suspicion, charge based upon probable cause, convict on beyond a reasonable doubt.

Dec 9, 2013
The so-called vicious cycle was already started with Trump chanting "lock her up" during the election and trying to make it happen after he won.

I really don't get what you are saying here about Hunter Biden. Do you think that if Trump hadn't been investigated, people on the other side wouldn't be advocating investigating Hunter Biden and others.

But I don't see it as a viscous cycle. I see it as people being held accountable for their wrongdoing. Investigate Hunter, investigate Trump, investigate all of them based upon the legal standard established of reasonable suspicion, charge based upon probable cause, convict on beyond a reasonable doubt.
Interesting that the same crowd salivating wanting Hunter investigated (and he should be) don’t ever mention how Kushner ended up w $2B of Saudi money?

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I believe this will just start a precedent of future presidents raiding past presidents homes etc even if it is to just check for classified docs. I would bet that every prior president has taken at least SOME documents they probably shouldn't have when they left. They are in fact moving out of the White House and whether they meant to or not would forever be up for debate. Maybe every exiting president will from now on be required to have every box/page/computer checked for sensitive documents as they walk out to avoid this in the future. I fear if something like that process is not done then you will just see more of these type warrants by the new administrations.

As it's been said before I just can't imagine, unless it is actually nuclear documents, they will be able to prove that Trump didn't wave his hand over all the boxes and say they are declassified. Then no matter what affidavit he signed it would be truthful because he had declassified them. Again unless its nuke codes or information etc it would be impossible to prove.
You have to have probable cause and a search warrant to search someone’s home.

Nov 6, 2010
I’m not as worried about this because I think Trump is the exception. His malignant narcissism makes him believe he is above the law, to an extent even greater than any other president. He has no respect for the office, or the law. Unless we resume in electing similar extreme narcissists as POTUS, this shouldn’t be a recurring issue.
I agree he is the exception, but so many in the GOP have now jumped on his bandwagon that I think he or others like him will be the norm for a while sadly.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
You have to have probable cause and a search warrant to search someone’s home.
I'm aware that you do but i'm sure there are ways to find a favorable path to get that to happen even with little evidence. I agree justice should be blind and everyone no matter your position in society should be held to the same standards. However it's pretty easy to see that isn't truly the case, For instance it is pretty much based on party affiliation when any constitutional challenges to executive actions come from states that voted for 'the other team'. Weird how most if not all of Trump's EO's were taken to court in California....Same with Biden's EO's etc in deep red states.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I'm aware that you do but i'm sure there are ways to find a favorable path to get that to happen even with little evidence. I agree justice should be blind and everyone no matter your position in society should be held to the same standards. However it's pretty easy to see that isn't truly the case, For instance it is pretty much based on party affiliation when any constitutional challenges to executive actions come from states that voted for 'the other team'. Weird how most if not all of Trump's EO's were taken to court in California....Same with Biden's EO's etc in deep red states.
You do see how constitutional challenges are completely different from search warrants, right? Completely different processes.

Where I'd agree with your broader point is in how much resources you dedicate to investigating a crime that leads to sufficient evidence for a warrant.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
How are you sure there are ways to find a favorable path to get that to happen even with little evidence?

What experience do you have in what has to be shown to establish probable cause for a search warrant?

Constitutional challenges to EOs have nothing to do with criminal investigations and required showing of proof.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
How are you sure there are ways to find a favorable path to get that to happen even with little evidence?

What experience do you have in what has to be shown to establish probable cause for a search warrant?

Constitutional challenges to EOs have nothing to do with criminal investigations and required showing of proof.
How are you sure there isn't a way to find a favorable path? I have no experience in the sector but if you truly believe there aren't some unethical people in EVERY job/position in the world then i'd probably believe you were naive.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
How are you sure there isn't a way to find a favorable path? I have no experience in the sector but if you truly believe there aren't some unethical people in EVERY job/position in the world then i'd probably believe you were naive.
Umm. Who has the burden of proof here? It’s almost impossible to prove something doesn’t exist, especially since you originated the argument and have given no proof a favorable path exists. Therefore, there’s nothing to rebut.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
How am I sure that there isn't a way to find a favorable path to probable cause even with very little evidence?

30+ years as an attorney representing law enforcement agencies and as a prosecutor.

30+ years knowledge and education and experience in evaluating probable cause and the evidence required to establish probable cause.

30+ years knowledge and experience in the required procedures for obtaining a search warrant.

As to your last sentence, I never said there aren't unethical people in any position in the world. Up until you made that statement, you weren't even alleging/assuming that evidence was being manufactured.

Your original proposition was, "i'm sure there are ways to find a favorable path to get that [a signed search warrant based upon probable cause] to happen even with little evidence".

That is a demonstrably false statement. LEO does not have a favorable path to a search warrant without evidence sufficient to meet their probable cause burden.

With regards to your new claims of persons falsifying evidence, there are procedures under the law for a Defendant to challenge the search warrant and seek suppression of the evidence should they be prosecuted based upon allegations of false statements in the affidavit.

Apr 13, 2021
Northern California
https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1559712784249659394?t=tFyOQKgWxOgO17plvqzggA&s=09
The legal delay process has begun with the recuse claim. Trump 101. Hard to imagine a time when he won't be in legal entanglements. We should do an over/under line on how many around Trump will have something in common with Michael Cohen. My guess is 8 with Cohen. Rudy, Weisselberg, 4 GOP, and up to 4 citizens that helped plan the riot.