FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2011
Merrick Garland, asking for permission to release the specifics of the warrant, protects the reputation of the Attorney General’s office and the FBI. The FBI and the American people can thank the Attorney General for this action.

Feb 7, 2011
President Trump can release the warrant, or he can fall back on the line that his lawyers are telling him not to do this. Even though he wants to release the warrant, he cannot, deja vu pleading the fifth in New York.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
This is a little tiny bit off topic strictly speaking, but I don't want to start another thread dedicated to yet another Trump related investigation (I'm talking about the Georgia one here), but.....

For someone that consistently claims every single judge and every single prosecutor is politically biased against him.....does this seem like an odd choice of lawyer for Trump to have represent him?

Trump's new lawyer is famous for representing Atlanta rappers like Gucci Mane and Migos and has called the former president 'racist' and 'pathetic' (yahoo.com)

Defense lawyers routinely defend people they find personally repugnant....goodness knows I did back in the day. I'm not talking about the lawyer agreeing to be on his team. I'm talking about Trump's decision to hire him when this Attorney's personal views on Trump are well documented.

How long you guys thinks he lasts before being fired and scapegoated?

Feb 7, 2011
Something in the lawyers resume appeals to Donald Trump. It might be the lawyers history
of stating the negative about Donald Trump makes him aware that the attorney knows Trump’s vulnerabilities. The worst enemy might come up with the most novel defense. I am completely and totally speculating from no position of knowledge.
Please note that I will vacate this position as quickly as it is challenged.

Dec 9, 2013
--- "Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principal of our democracy" ---- ehem, well, with exceptions that I determine."

--- "Where possible, it is standard practice to seek less intrusive means as an alternative to a search" --- So you admit it WAS intrusive but won't tell us the conditions which made less intrusive not possible. Okay, got it.

Just another pissed off liberal lawyer having his little pity party because he didn't get what he wanted.

https://abc17news.com/politics/2022...d-gives-statement-in-aftermath-of-trump-raid/
You are either a special kind of troll or just special kind of bag of rocks. It depends on the day and post but I do go back and forth.

Have you completely chosen to ignore the subpoena or the previously reported visit? How about just laying the blame at the persons feet who

1) Should have never taken the documents to begin with.
2) Should have responded to the Archives request and returned everything.
3) Should have responded to the subpoena and returned everything.
4) Should have responded to the visit this past spring and returned everything.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Question for the legal scholars: how long would it take from first learning about the need or probable cause for a warrant and executing it? Is it something that takes days or weeks or months?
Secondly, I seem to remember, but can’t fully be sure, that it was said that this warrant was due to a CI, is that right?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
You are either a special kind of troll or just special kind of bag of rocks. It depends on the day and post but I do go back and forth.

Have you completely chosen to ignore the subpoena or the previously reported visit? How about just laying the blame at the persons feet who

1) Should have never taken the documents to begin with.
2) Should have responded to the Archives request and returned everything.
3) Should have responded to the subpoena and returned everything.
4) Should have responded to the visit this past spring and returned everything.
Okay, if you want to play that game how about laying the blame at the feet of Hillary and all those classified documents she took home? Comey admitted she violated the law, yet decided to punt on any further action. And you referenced the subpoena, so let’s also go there. In the spring Trump fully cooperated with the DOJ based on what? A SUBPOENA!!! Interesting now that Garland chooses not to go the subpoena route again, choosing instead on 20+ armed agents to RAID a 3,000 SF (approx.) section of his home home for 9 hours to allegedly only get 15 boxes of documents they allegedly already knew their whereabouts. And let’s talk about this “rule of law” that Garland is now so proud of adhering to. Where has that eagerness been when it comes to enforcing federal immigration laws? Enjoy your time with all of this because it will soon be coming to an end and we’ll see you back here with a drastically different message.

Last edited:

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Okay, if you want to play that game how about laying the blame at the feet of Hillary and all those classified documents she took home? Comedy admitted she violated the law, yet decided to punt on any further action. And you referenced the subpoena, so let’s also go there. In the spring Trump fully cooperated with the DOJ based on what? A SUBPOENA!!! Interesting now that Garland chooses not to go the subpoena route again, choosing instead on 20+ armed agents to RAID a 3,000 SF (approx.) section of his home home for 9 hours to allegedly only get 15 boxes of documents they allegedly already knew their whereabouts. And let’s talk about this “rule of law” that Garland is now so proud of adhering to. Where has that eagerness been when it comes to enforcing federal immigration laws? Enjoy your time with all of this because it will soon be coming to an end and we’ll see you back here with a drastically different message.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
And you referenced the subpoena, so let’s also go there. In the spring Trump fully cooperated with the DOJ based on what? A SUBPOENA!!!
Apparently not if they got 15 more boxes of classified documents out of this. Sounds like he could have avoided his house being raided by the feds by ACTUALLY fully cooperating in the beginning...

Dec 9, 2013
Okay, if you want to play that game how about laying the blame at the feet of Hillary and all those classified documents she took home? Comey admitted she violated the law, yet decided to punt on any further action. And you referenced the subpoena, so let’s also go there. In the spring Trump fully cooperated with the DOJ based on what? A SUBPOENA!!! Interesting now that Garland chooses not to go the subpoena route again, choosing instead on 20+ armed agents to RAID a 3,000 SF (approx.) section of his home home for 9 hours to allegedly only get 15 boxes of documents they allegedly already knew their whereabouts. And let’s talk about this “rule of law” that Garland is now so proud of adhering to. Where has that eagerness been when it comes to enforcing federal immigration laws? Enjoy your time with all of this because it will soon be coming to an end and we’ll see you back here with a drastically different message.
Bag of rocks it is for today.

What documents did Hillary take home? Are you referring to the private server that housed emails and their attachments?

Who was President from 2017-2020? Who was executive of the DoJ during that time? Who appointed the AG and Dir of the FBI? Same person that lied to you and continues to.

Trump did not fully comply w the subpoena. Hence the need to go back. Why is that not penetrating? If I come and steal $10,000 from you and then give you $5,000 back, are you good w that? Did I make FULL restitution? You do know what full/complete/100% means don’t you? Maybe that’s the issue. Do you need a Ted Talk on what those words mean?

Aren't field agents required to wear side arms while active?

What is coming to an end?

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Something in the lawyers resume appeals to Donald Trump. It might be the lawyers history
of stating the negative about Donald Trump makes him aware that the attorney knows Trump’s vulnerabilities. The worst enemy might come up with the most novel defense. I am completely and totally speculating from no position of knowledge.
Please note that I will vacate this position as quickly as it is challenged.
Maybe it’s something like that since his record with hiring ass kissing lawyers like Rudy and Sidney that will do whatever he tells them hasn’t worked out so well.

Or maybe…

He said something like get me that #BillionaireLawyer guy. He’ll drive my ratings up with the Rap music youngsters and will look great on tv.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Definitely speculation.

But I do find the thoughts of conservative media types that dislike Trump interesting. Megyn Kelly and Meghan McCain each have an intense dislike of Trump, but both have interesting views on this.
Maybe they just saying what their Newsmax bosses are telling them to.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Apparently not if they got 15 more boxes of classified documents out of this. Sounds like he could have avoided his house being raided by the feds by ACTUALLY fully cooperating in the beginning...
The DOJ and FBI knew what Trump had at his house and where they were located because they were out there in the spring. He was cooperative then so if they didn’t get their quota, that’s on them. Regardless, Garland remains silent on what specific basis he determined it wasn’t possible to use “less intrusive means” than what he did. Those are his words, not mine. Hmmm, we have someone who cooperated with the documents in the spring under a subpoena, our policy is “when possible to use less intrusive means” to obtain the documents, but this time, for some unknown reason it’s not possible to use less intrusive means such as another subpoena, so let’s instead go in with 20+ agents, some armed, and spend 9 hours in a relatively small area to get more boxes where we pretty much know their location. And while we’re at it let’s just take a peek through Melanie’s drawers.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
The DOJ and FBI knew what Trump had at his house and where they were located because they were out there in the spring. He was cooperative then so if they didn’t get their quota, that’s on them. Regardless, Garland remains silent on what specific basis he determined it wasn’t possible to use “less intrusive means” than what he did. Those are his words, not mine. Hmmm, we have someone who cooperated with the documents in the spring under a subpoena, our policy is “when possible to use less intrusive means” to obtain the documents, but this time, for some unknown reason it’s not possible so let’s instead go in with 20+ agents, some armed, and spend 9 hours in a relatively small area to get more boxes where we pretty much know their location. And while we’re at it let’s just take a peek through Melanie’s drawers.
You’re a very special kind of fella.