FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 31, 2007
Concord
Spin it how you want, and take out the labels of R and D if it makes you feel better. But my response remains the same, that quote to which I provided the comment is just flat out wrong and I detailed why. Perhaps you'd like to also take a crack at providing a genuinely honest response to the question I presented to Hackleman earlier?
What was the question?

Dec 9, 2013
I'd like for you to share with me the location within my earlier comment where I stated the "political tit for tat" was fact. It's pretty obvious we all have to wait to see what happens, at least formally, but based on the ebb and flow of politics the last 20 years, I'd say that's a pretty accurate description. And why? Because when the R's re-take the majority and WH, the tit for tat will swing in the other direction. Now, tell me where I'm wrong in that belief.
Way to have a backbone. No wonder you are in a cult.

1st quote from you “Which gets to an earlier comment I made that I stand by.”

Only to be followed by “Its pretty obvious we all have to wait to see what happens.”

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
Congrats. You usually attempt a few posts of defending your absurd statements with more absurd statements before going to insults. I appreciate you just skipping all that and going straight to insults. Which I take as "Yea, I really can't argue that but my arrogance stops me from EVER admitting I had a bad take so I'll just insult you."

The "spending" isn't relevant to your post or my point. Nope, I'm not going to go down a side tangent with you because you want to divert from your stupid statement.

I think it was one of the dumbest things written and gave reasons why. You obviously think Biden should have done what your boy Trump couldn't so you are insulting me. We can leave it at that and other people reading can decide.
Insults? Did you not read what you originally posted?

You keep continuing to attempt to link me to supporting Trump. I am unclear why -- other than your post history shows your inability to only think in black and white.

Not eliminating carried interest was a HUGE miss - that is not at all an absurd statement --- it is accurate. Yes, spending and revenue is A MAJOR portion of the bill - especially in an inflationary time and borderline recession.

Unfortunately, not surprising you don't understand that and just want to defend your team.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I'd like for you to share with me the location within my earlier comment where I stated the "political tit for tat" was fact. It's pretty obvious we all have to wait to see what happens, at least formally, but based on the ebb and flow of politics the last 20 years, I'd say that's a pretty accurate description. And why? Because when the R's re-take the majority and WH, the tit for tat will swing in the other direction. Now, tell me where I'm wrong in that belief.
LOL, I guess I will have to teach you some English grammar. You made a fact statement. You did not say "I think" or "it seems" or "might be" anything to denote it as opinion:

This is nothing more than political tit for tat collectively orchestrated by Clinton, Garland, and Biden.

"This is" is a statement of fact. This is how our language works. If I am not sure, I don't tell patients "You have cancer" only to go back later and say "Well, didn't say it was FACT that you have cancer!"

And, "we will have to wait and see what happens" has not been applied correctly in modern days. When the vaccine first came out, nearly everyone said that. Yet, even after the evidence was overwhelming, many did not follow. Trump is already making allegations that the FBI planted evidence. That will be the "outcome" for the true believers no matter what reality shows us.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Insults? Did you not read what you originally posted?

You keep continuing to attempt to link me to supporting Trump. I am unclear why -- other than your post history shows your inability to only think in black and white.

Not eliminating carried interest was a HUGE miss - that is not at all absurd --- it is accurate. Unfortunately, not surprising you want to argue against.
It is a huge miss. It is the same huge miss that every president has missed for decades. The reason is that powerful people pay off powerful congresspeople to stop it. Most of us understand who makes law. The fact that it is a huge miss because it would be a good thing does not in any way make it "a layup" because it has been very difficult to pass. Your statement shows lack of understanding and as I said was simply dumb no matter how many ways you want to change your words to something else. And, saying it is a dumb statement (which it is) is insulting the statement which was made because of your extreme bias. I did not call you dumb, you called me dense.

You say you don't like Trump then spend inordinate amounts of time defending him. Actions>>>>> words.

You did finally say something accurate. I do not think only in black and white like yourself.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Way to have a backbone. No wonder you are in a cult.

1st quote from you “Which gets to an earlier comment I made that I stand by.”

Only to be followed by “Its pretty obvious we all have to wait to see what happens.”
And that's a FACT, I do stand by my comment...which happens to be my OPINION!!! Do try to keep up and learn the difference between an opinion and me stating it as fact. Just admit you misread it and move on to a different discussion, not too difficult.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
What was the question?
Assuming you can be honest in your response even if it may cut against the grain on your political leanings, the question was this: "Not changing anything regarding the subject matter, if this business between Joe and Hunter was actually Donald and one of his sons, do you believe the media and DOJ would be treating it exactly as they are right now?" Put another way, would the media be providing nearly non-stop coverage and would Garland be sending 20+ FBI agents into Joe's and/or Hunter's home for 9 hours?

Dec 9, 2013
And that's a FACT, I do stand by my comment...which happens to be my OPINION!!! Do try to keep up and learn the difference between an opinion and me stating it as fact. Just admit you misread it and move on to a different discussion, not too difficult.
As has already been pointed out to you you made a statement, treated it as fact (along w others you’ve already been shown are incorrect), doubled down on it by “standing by it” and then walked back from it after ridiculing me for taking the same “let’s wait and see” approach.

Nice try Slinky.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
As has already been pointed out to you you made a statement, treated it as fact (along w others you’ve already been shown are incorrect), doubled down on it by “standing by it” and then walked back from it after ridiculing me for taking the same “let’s wait and see” approach.

Nice try Slinky.
I made the comment about waiting to see because there literally is no other choice, you don't believe I realize that? I still stand by the comment which is MY OPINION, but obviously there is no other choice than to wait and see. Geez Louise, stop swinging at the high ones.

May 31, 2007
Concord
Assuming you can be honest in your response even if it may cut against the grain on your political leanings, the question was this: "Not changing anything regarding the subject matter, if this business between Joe and Hunter was actually Donald and one of his sons, do you believe the media and DOJ would be treating it exactly as they are right now?" Put another way, would the media be providing nearly non-stop coverage and would Garland be sending 20+ FBI agents into Joe's and/or Hunter's home for 9 hours?
No, they would have been indicted almost as soon as it became public. And Don Jr would be in jail for what was found on the laptop. I don’t think anyone is going to contest you on this particular point. But I would also add that Trump has known since 2016 that the Feds were on a mission to get him. Schumer told him as much. So why he isn’t trying to stay squeaky clean and do everything by the book is beyond me. I think he’s still trying function like he did in business where his money and attorneys always crushed the opposition, but politics is a whole other animal. Uncle Sam has taken on much bigger fish than Trump and spit them out over the past 125 years. He should have adjusted his approach a long time ago and he’s paying the price for not doing that.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I made the comment about waiting to see because there literally is no other choice, you don't believe I realize that? I still stand by the comment which is MY OPINION, but obviously there is no other choice than to wait and see. Geez Louise, stop swinging at the high ones.
You really need to learn how to use the language. You are doing it wrong.

BTW, that last statement is not my opinion. It is a fact that you are doing it wrong.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
No, they would have been indicted almost as soon as it became public. And Don Jr would be in jail for what was found on the laptop. I don’t think anyone is going to contest you on this particular point. But I would also add that Trump has known since 2016 that the Feds were on a mission to get him. Schumer told him as much. So why he isn’t trying to stay squeaky clean and do everything by the book is beyond me. I think he’s still trying function like he did in business where his money and attorneys always crushed the opposition, but politics is a whole other animal. Uncle Sam has taken on much bigger fish than Trump and spit them out over the past 125 years. He should have adjusted his approach a long time ago and he’s paying the price for not doing that.
Of course, we would contest that. It is pure conspiracy theory lunacy.

Just because you want to believe that both sides are equally dirty and only one gets prosecuted it literally makes no sense. Trump's DOJ could have easily prosecuted Biden if they had a case. Why would Trump's DOJ not prosecute Biden? Clearly, they did not think that they did.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Several already have, and my point with this all along has been in response to the section of the article I referenced which indicated that DOJ's approach with Trump has been transparent and "fair".

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Of course, we would contest that. It is pure conspiracy theory lunacy.

Just because you want to believe that both sides are equally dirty and only one gets prosecuted it literally makes no sense. Trump's DOJ could have easily prosecuted Biden if they had a case. Why would Trump's DOJ not prosecute Biden? Clearly, they did not think that they did.
its the same BS type of approach the Okla Sec of Ed is pushing that isn't based in Reality....claiming all Oklahoma schools are pushing CRT and that our Oklahoma Teachers and Democrats are indoctornating our kids.

BS!!! This is Oklahoma where EVERY SINGLE county has gone to the REPUBLICANS in the last 4 elections.

The Dems aren't doing SH** in Oklahoma and they sure as crap aren't teaching CRT in Oklahoma schools because most of are teachers are Voting Red as well.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
its the same BS type of approach the Okla Sec of Ed is pushing....claiming all Oklahoma schools are pushing CRT and that our Oklahoma Teachers and Democrats are indoctornating our kids.

BS!!! This is Oklahoma where EVERY SINGLE county has gone to the REPUBLICANS in the last 4 elections.

The Dems aren't doing SH** in Oklahoma and they sure as crap aren't teaching CRT in Oklahoma schools because most of are teachers are Voting Red as well.
There might be some very subtle outliers, but overall I agree. But don't get me started on the Oklahoma DOE.