FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2009
Who said that they aren't going to charge the trumpster if they find he directed the STEALING and Mishandling of government classified documents? I have not read that anywhere.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
ICYMI: Trump calls New York attorney general ‘racist’ before pleading fifth in fraud probe deposition
Donald Trump called New York Attorney General Letitia James “racist” hours before announcing he had invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination during testimony in her office’s long-running probe into allegations of fraud relating to his real estate dealings.
As he departed New York City’s Trump Tower for the sworn deposition, the former president was photographed raising his fist in a show of defiance.
Minutes later he released a statement saying that he had refused to answer any questions under the Fifth Amendment.
Andrew Naughtie reports on this morning’s events.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Eric Trump tried to go on Fox today and claim the FBI tried to take these tapes in their search of Mar A Lago illegally and that the MAL staff fought them and wouldn't let them take them.

The FBI didn't need them..they had already obtained them weeks ago prior to even requesting a warrant for the raid.

>>>>He was lying
DoJ obtained Mar-a-Lago surveillance tapes after subpoenaing Trump Organization
The Department of Justice obtained security CCTV footage from inside Mar-a-Lago, the Palm Beach, Florida, mansion turned private club where former president Donald Trump maintains an office and residence, before requesting a search warrant for the ex-president’s home.
According to multiple reports, federal investigators issued a subpoena for the CCTV footage to the Trump Organization — the ex-president’s eponymous real estate and hotel business — earlier this year after a meeting between DoJ representatives and Mr Trump’s attorneys at his Florida home.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Report says Mar-a-Lago raid based on info from FBI informant
Newsweek reports:
The raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source, one who was able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, two senior government officials told Newsweek.
The officials, who have direct knowledge of the FBI’s deliberations and were granted anonymity in order to discuss sensitive matters, said the raid of Donald Trump‘s Florida residence was deliberately timed to occur when the former president was away.

The publication further states that this was timed not just to avoid any attempt to thwart the raid, but also to stop any photo opportunities or grandstanding by the former president, according to one of the sources, a 30-year veteran of the FBI.
Both senior government officials say the raid was scheduled with no political motive, the FBI solely intent on recovering highly classified documents that were illegally removed from the White House.
Preparations began weeks ago.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
What evidence do we have that they aren’t?

This is a no win for the Biden admin. They aren’t going to prosecute Trump out of this. They get no rallying of the base momentum. In fact they are seeing the opposite happen in a time period where the Ds have finally started to show momentum.

What exactly does the Biden DoJ or the Ds get from this search warrant for 12-15 boxes of classified info? The only thing I think comes from this is we find out there were source and method documents that were vital to national security. Biden admin protects US interests and Trump and the House Rs raise serious cash.

Trump has already sent out $ mailers and this morning was planting the seeds of “planted evidence.” To me , he knows what he took. He was keeping it for his own ego and to middle finger Biden. He forced this and got exactly what he wanted.

So again I ask, how is this a win for the Biden DoJ? It’s going to create more problems even if it was done right and was legit.
I never broached the subject of either a win or loss for Biden regarding this subject, so I'm not quite sure where that's coming from. I just thought a previously posted comment was humorous that stated, in part, "the DOJ is playing by rules intended to ensure fair treatment for targets of investigations". Intended to ensure fair treatment for targets of investigations?? It might help for comparison to show me a comparable level of investigation and scrutiny completed on someone who perhaps is a registered Democrat?? Maybe, say, "The big guy" and his son?? It's really easy for them to say fair treatment FOR TARGETS OF INVESTIGATION when you're not investigating another half of the population. So yea, I think just starting with the Biden's there is evidence they aren't. Hell, I'll just re-state that and call it what it is: So yea, I think just starting with the Biden's there is evidence Garland isn't providing "fair treatment for targets of investigation".

Which gets to an earlier comment I made that I stand by. This is nothing more than political tit for tat collectively orchestrated by Clinton, Garland, and Biden. The former two for the screwing they already received, and the latter as a preemptive strike for the pending screwing of his son, Little Enos Burdette.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The big question is what is in those documents they want so badly? He’s had them for over 18 months and now it’s so urgent a raid is needed?
The story that is starting to emerge. In Feb the FBI went there to get the documents and they recovered 15 boxes of them. All is good..everything above board, no force show from LEO needed, no forced search warrants...cooperation all around.

Then at some point an FBI Informant has come to them and said that Trump had WAY more and was hiding them at MAL and provided evidence what they were and where they were in MAL

FBI gets a warrant based on this info/evidence...and conducts raid
Results...the FBI took an additional 12 boxes of documents out from this raid.

The raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source, one who was able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, two senior government officials told Newsweek.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
The story that is starting to emerge. In Feb the FBI went there to get the documents and they recovered 15 boxes of them. All is good..everything above board, no force show from LEO needed, no forced search warrants...cooperation all around.

Then at some point an FBI Informant has come to them and said that Trump had WAY more and was hiding them at MAL and provided evidence what they were and where they were in MAL

Reportedly the area searched is within a section of the house approximately 3K SF in size. If you allegedly know what documents you're looking for and where they're located, you don't need 20+ agents, including those armed with weapons, throwing up crime scene tape outside and scouring the place for 9 hours...unless of course you're just looking for pretty much anything...a phishing expedition for 1/6 information.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

I think this is going to be mixed. Apparently there was a report on the National Archives website stating they knew where everything was and there was cooperation.

I think both sides are trying to get the jump on the other polishing the turd.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Reportedly the area searched is within a section of the house approximately 3K SF in size. If you allegedly know what documents you're looking for and where they're located, you don't need 20+ agents, including those armed with weapons, throwing up crime scene tape outside and scouring the place for 9 hours...unless of course you're just looking for pretty much anything.
If you give them all the stuff as you claimed you did the first time they were there then you wouldn't have to worry about them coming back and no longer trusting you and searching EVERYTHING.

Dec 9, 2013
I never broached the subject of either a win or loss for Biden regarding this subject, so I'm not quite sure where that's coming from. I just thought a previously posted comment was humorous that stated, in part, "the DOJ is playing by rules intended to ensure fair treatment for targets of investigations". Intended to ensure fair treatment for targets of investigations?? It might help for comparison to show me a comparable level of investigation and scrutiny completed on someone who perhaps is a registered Democrat?? Maybe, say, "The big guy" and his son?? It's really easy for them to say fair treatment FOR TARGETS OF INVESTIGATION when you're not investigating another half of the population. So yea, I think just starting with the Biden's there is evidence they aren't. Hell, I'll just re-state that and call it what it is: So yea, I think just starting with the Biden's there is evidence Garland isn't providing "fair treatment for targets of investigation".

Which gets to an earlier comment I made that I stand by. This is nothing more than political tit for tat collectively orchestrated by Clinton, Garland, and Biden. The former two for the screwing they already received, and the latter as a preemptive strike for the pending screwing of his son, Little Enos Burdette.
Do you know that Hunter is not under investigation?

And to play by your rules was it fair for DoJ to announce 11 days prior to Nov 2016 election they were still investigating Hillary while they sat on the info they were looking into Trump/Russia?

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma

Doesn’t answer the question. What is actually on the documents? Is it something that makes the DOJ or FBI look bad?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Do you know that Hunter is not under investigation?

And to play by your rules was it fair for DoJ to announce 11 days prior to Nov 2016 election they were still investigating Hillary while they sat on the info they were looking into Trump/Russia?
Please, any investigation that he MAY currently be subject to is cursory at best and not subject to media scrutiny, because we all know they are enablers in that mess. Not even close to what Trump and anyone associated/related to him are going through and you know it.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Please, any investigation that he MAY currently be subject to is cursory at best and not subject to media scrutiny, because we all know they are enablers in that mess. Not even close to what Trump and anyone associated/related to him are going through and you know it.
He’s supposedly being investigated by a prosecutor in Delaware that Biden left in place because he didn’t want to get involved. What kind of threats do you think have been hurled his way to keep him quiet?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Do you know that Hunter is not under investigation? And to play by your rules was it fair for DoJ to announce 11 days prior to Nov 2016 election they were still investigating Hillary while they sat on the info they were looking into Trump/Russia?
You seem like a reasonable guy who uses common sense, so I'll ask you a simple question and request you to be honest in your response: Not changing anything regarding the subject matter, if this business between Joe and Hunter was actually Donald and one of his sons, do you believe the media and DOJ would be treating it exactly as they are right now?

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
When I see Biden still has a 39% approval rating I always wonder, how could that even be? Reading this thread I think I know.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Doesn’t answer the question. What is actually on the documents? Is it something that makes the DOJ or FBI look bad?
Breaking News:
The FBI searched and found highly classified documents at Mar-A-Lago, which are likely to be highly sensitive for the security of our country.

PartyOfCommonNonsense:
I demand to know what is in those documents!

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Breaking News:
The FBI searched and found highly classified documents at Mar-A-Lago, which are likely to be highly sensitive for the security of our country.

PartyOfCommonNonsense:
I demand to know what is in those documents!
He’s had them for over 18 months. If they are that that sensitive why was he allowed to leave with them? Why haven’t they kicked down his door long before now to get them? None of this makes any sense.

It’s also the year 2022. Why is the government still using paper copies of sensitive documents anyway?