FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If true, this is an interesting twist.
I don't believe that for one second...no way that for the first time in history a former POTUS is going to have their home raided by the FBI and the sitting POTUS doesn't know before handw??? It would have to have been by design with high level friends to ensure the WH didn't know before this went down

I'm also not buying the idea that DeSantis didn't know ...I bet he did...saw it as a huge windfall for his POTUS aspirations and stepped to the side and approved it

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
And that Picture somehow means there Were guns inside the premise as well?

You're making as much assumption as he is of what THAT pic tells us about the agents inside the complex LOL

Everybody be guessing up in here.
Given that I have an uncle with 45 years of experience with this kind of work, and a really good friend in the FBI (not that particular office), I'm not making a leap of assumptions. Now, you were saying?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
My thoughts are this is very damaging to the democrats' midterm hopes. So........... In order for them to throw away an election, there is something here. There has to be.
I bet a lot of people think Trump had it coming. What about the state chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party saying there is not one scintilla of evidence that Trump lost due to fraud. The former speaker of the Oklahoma House feels likewise. Trump, acting as the world's sorest loser, has harmed the country.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
A good thread on the security concerns regarding the kinds of documents suspected to be involved in the raid on Mar-A-Lago.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
A good thread on the security concerns regarding the kinds of documents suspected to be involved in the raid on Mar-A-Lago.
Okay, everyone go home, Nancy Drew solved the case.

"There was obviously a crime committed here: namely 15 boxes of boxes of deliberately mishandled materials. This goes WAY beyond someone having a private server."

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I thought the boxes were sent to the national archives in early spring?
the more I read the more I think there is implication....there were 15 returned in the Spring and I think maybe an additional 15 recovered yesterday?

Begs the question if Trump only turned over 15 in the Spring, and said that was it and they have found 15 more.

I've read multiple angles that are suggesting this but no one coming right out and saying it

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Think Somebody Talked? Looks like the Trump campaign released ALL Trump Campaign workers who signed an NDA out of the NDA after Omarosa won in court

As of 15 days ago. All people under the Trump Campaign NDA have been released and told that Trump would NOT enforce it.

Now Mar a Lago Raided, and 4 days ago Mark Meadows started Cooperating ?

Interesting timing on all this stuff as a whole.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Per the US District of Southern Florida website, he is an Article III Magistrate Judge which has the POTUS appointment requirement???

@CowboyJD maybe you can shine light on the judgeships ?

Article III Judges
Article III states that these judges “hold their office during good behavior,” which means they have a lifetime appointment, except under very limited circumstances. Article III judges can be removed from office only through impeachment by the House of Representatives and conviction by the Senate.
https://www.uscourts.gov/judges-judgeships/about-federal-judges#:~:text=Article III Judges&text=Article III states that these,and conviction by the Senate.
Magistrate Judges aren't Article III Judges. They are appointed by a majority of the Article III District Judges and if no majority is present for a particular candidate, the Presiding/Chief District Court Judge makes the decision.

They also aren't subject to Senate advice and consent, but there are other qualifications by statute. They normally serve 8 year terms, but there is no limit to the number of terms they can be re-hired for.

In felony criminal cases, they issue search and arrest warrants and court summons, accept criminal complaints, conduct initial appearance and detention dockets, set bail, hold prelims, extraditions, and hear motions to suppress in felony cases where they issue an initial report/ruling to the District Court judge to make the final order. They are also authorized to fully preside over misdemeanor trials.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
the more I read the more I think there is implication....there were 15 returned in the Spring and I think maybe an additional 15 recovered yesterday?

Begs the question if Trump only turned over 15 in the Spring, and said that was it and they have found 15 more.

I've read multiple angles that are suggesting this but no one coming right out and saying it
I don't think so. All I have read is a few loose ends. A few more that were not included.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Magistrate Judges aren't Article III Judges. They are appointed by a majority of the Article III District Judges and if no majority is present for a particular candidate, the Presiding/Chief District Court Judge makes the decision.

They also aren't subject to Senate advice and consent, but there are other qualifications by statute. They normally serve 8 year terms, but there is no limit to the number of terms they can be re-hired for.

In felony criminal cases, they issue search and arrest warrants and court summons, accept criminal complaints, conduct initial appearance and detention dockets, set bail, hold prelims, extraditions, and hear motions to suppress in felony cases where they issue an initial report/ruling to the District Court judge to make the final order. They are also authorized to fully preside over misdemeanor trials.
so his only POTUS nomination would have been for US attorney in 2008 ish correct. ?

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
*sigh*
Try to keep up.
The original Tweet you referenced said it wasn't "exactly a siege with guns a blazing."
You then post this, implying an image of an officer at the gate of Mar-A-Lago is proof it was "exactly a siege with guns a blazing.":

I showed you a screenshot with captions for an image with the same officer identifying him as part of Trump's SS detail.

So, what it means is this: your posts were intentionally misleading and I called you on it. Instead of offering any real proof this was "exactly a siege with guns a blazing," you simply try and gaslight me. Nice try.

BTW - it's posts like this that affirm all your other posts are drivel and you are simply a troll with no intention of engaging in thoughtful discussion here.