FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I just can't see the response being justified if it isn't at that level
What response? Justified in what manner?

Surely you aren't suggesting that the FBI be held to a different standard of law re: probable cause that there is evidence of any crime being present at the search location (i.e. the same standard of law for a search warrant issuance that any Joe Schmoe is faced with) when an ex-President is involved.

Are you?

If the FBI Search Warrant Affidavit satisfied the probable cause requirement of the 4th Amendment, that's all the justification that is needed.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What response?

Surely you aren't suggesting that the FBI be held to a different standard of law re: probable cause that there is evidence of any crime being present at the search location (i.e. the same standard of law for a search warrant issuance that any Joe Schmoe is faced with) when an ex-President is involved.

Are you?
response is a poor choice of words "Actions taken" would be more appropriate. If they were there in June and worked out a system of storing and preserving the docs with Trump's lawyer....I don't see this action taken unless something from the status quo in June changed with proof it changed.

With it being said they were there in June and worked out something, the raid in Aug doesn't happen. Something drastic seems to have occurred in the last 1-2 months with those documents.

Again only speculating the warrant is about the documents so we don't know., Like pointed out earlier there were 3 total warrants and the only one ANYONE has acknowledged is the Documents

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
response is a poor choice of words "Actions taken" would be more appropriate. If they were there in June and worked out a system of storing and preserving the docs with Trump's lawyer....I don't see this action taken unless something from the status quo in June changed with proof it changed.

With it being said they were there in June and worked out something, the raid in Aug doesn't happen. Something drastic seems to have occurred in the last 1-2 months with those documents.

Again only speculating the warrant is about the documents so we don't know., Like pointed out earlier there were 3 total warrants and the only one ANYONE has acknowledged is the Documents
Response/Actions taken, whatever word you want to use.....

You aren't suggesting that the justification for "actions taken" (getting a search warrant) should be greater in this case than any other random, non-Trump involved case are you? That the justification for getting a search warrant should be higher or more stringent than they have probable cause to believe that there is evidence of a crime at the placed to be searched described in the search warrant?

Let me be clear here....probable cause that there was specifically described evidence of the commission of a crime was located at Mir-a-lago is the ONLY needed justification for getting a search warrant to search Mira-a-lago.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Response/Actions taken, whatever word you want to use.....

You aren't suggesting that the justification for "actions taken" (getting a search warrant) should be greater in this case than any other random, non-Trump involved case are you? That the justification for getting a search warrant should be higher or more stringent than they have probable cause to believe that there is evidence of a crime at the placed to be searched described in the search warrant?
I think if they obtained a search warrant then they convinced a Federal Judge of what they expected to be evidence in a crime to be found.

And I don't think you, me or anyone knows what the procedure to be here because I'm not sure a former POTUS house has ever been raided. They are kinda writing the book about it right now.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I think if they obtained a search warrant then they convinced a Federal Judge of what they expected to be evidence in a crime to be found.

And I don't think you, me or anyone knows what the procedure to be here because I'm not sure a former POTUS house has ever been raided. They are kinda writing the book about it right now.
I definitely know what the required procedure and necessary legal showing is for obtaining a search warrant under federal law.....whether it's your house, my house, or Trump's house being searched.

They're not "kinda writing the book" about the required showings to obtain a search warrant. That book has been written for a long time now.

What I'm asking you....and what you still haven't answered....is whether you think that "book" about what the procedure to be here in this case regarding obtaining a search warrant is or should be different because it's a former POTUS?

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Apparently Trump returned the documents requested by the National Archive back in February. It's going to be tough to understand what's going on here until they release more info.

Dec 9, 2013
It’s interesting that you haven’t seen a peep from DoJ or FBI or White House. All done wo leaks, cameras and publicity. Probably done by the book and letter of the law. Trump and his peeps are jumping on every platform they can screeching.

The people being accused of not doing their jobs ready guy and being political are actually doing their jobs quietly and not being political. Why do people continue to fall for this guy’s BS?

Russian collusion actually happened.
Ukranian pressure actually happened.
Jan 6th is being investigated.

Hillary despite the full powers of the DoJ is not locked up.
Nobody is in jail for fabricating Russian collusion info.
Hunter is being investigated but is there anything there? If so proceed and prosecute according to letter of law.

How do people continue to believe this guy and better yet donate and vote for him?

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Apparently Trump returned the documents requested by the National Archive back in February. It's going to be tough to understand what's going on here until they release more info.

From that article:
The records agency said it believes Trump still has more records that need to be turned over and that "Trump’s representatives have informed NARA that they are continuing to search for additional Presidential records that belong to the National Archives."

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://twitter.com/CBSMornings/status/1556988918670626817
The cynical part of me sees this as posturing from the establishment lane that he wants to run in for president.

Another side of me sees this as the absolutely reasonable response. Following Tim Scott for a while, I disagree with him on a lot, but would have no hesitations voting for him over most of the currently presumed field.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
It’s interesting that you haven’t seen a peep from DoJ or FBI or White House. All done wo leaks, cameras and publicity. Probably done by the book and letter of the law. Trump and his peeps are jumping on every platform they can screeching. The people being accused of not doing their jobs ready guy and being political are actually doing their jobs quietly and not being political. Why do people continue to fall for this guy’s BS?

Russian collusion actually happened. - Wrong. You might ask Mueller and the NYT about that one.
Ukranian pressure actually happened. - Wrong again.
Jan 6th is being investigated. - Exactly. Only "investigated" More deaths, injury, and property damage from various liberal city riots and looting than this.

Hillary despite the full powers of the DoJ is not locked up. - Hillary is Hillary
Nobody is in jail for fabricating Russian collusion info. - Biden is President and Garland is AG, I'll let you connect the dots
Hunter is being investigated but is there anything there? If so proceed and prosecute according to letter of law. - Keep telling yourself that. Investigated? By who, Garland?? Again, I'll let you connect the dots on that one.

How do people continue to believe this guy and better yet donate and vote for him?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The cynical part of me sees this as posturing from the establishment lane that he wants to run in for president.

Another side of me sees this as the absolutely reasonable response. Following Tim Scott for a while, I disagree with him on a lot, but would have no hesitations voting for him over most of the currently presumed field.
His current abortion stance isn't even based in Reality. That is roughly the gestation period of a Donkey..and a woman would have to be preggers for 11 months to hit that time line.

https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1556754260980895752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1556754260980895752%7Ctwgr%5Eb496b5e85489693e231bb8cd67b013ef566d6dff%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1556754260980895752