FB 2005 Preseason rankings - for what it's worth

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3339836

47. Oklahoma State 2004 Record: 7-5 Big XII
Will things slide a bit under new head coach Mike Gundy? Maybe considering the secondary welcomes a ton of new faces and star RB Vernand Morency is off early to the NFL. The quarterback situation will be interesting as 2003 star recruit Robbie Reid battles incumbent Donovan Woods. Don't forget that OSU didn't really beat anyone of note outside of UCLA last year, and now will be a bit worse.
Biggest offensive loss: RB Vernand Morency Biggest defensive loss: DT Clay Coe

Jul 21, 2004
Wichita KS
I think CU was a notable team, they went to a bowl and Won, was the Big XII North champ. I think we beat two notable teams, but we should still be ranked 47 preseason...

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
I think we'll be better next year.

Morale and energy level will be vastly improved next year, and I think that goes a long way. Defensive scheme change should simplify things a bit and make it a bit more fun to just go out and make plays.

QB will be imrpoved one way or the other. WR's are good.. good at TE, OL should be at the very least solid. I think we have enough people that someone will be able to step up for Morency. We should be pretty enthused about our offense next year. We'll be able to score points.

I think we'll be better at every position. Assuming an Elliot move to CB. McBean at DE, a now veteran XLK.. Walter Thomas.. maybe Girtman will be back. I think we'll see some safties move to OLB, MLB looks solid. Secondary certainly couldn't get any worse than last year. I think it will be better with the new coaches, and some position changes.

And who knows what else may come of this recruiting class.

We should be much better than No. 47. That's a ranking made from an uniformed source. I'd put us in the low 30's.

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
Ah yeah, I had forgotten..

Elliot talk was before we had a new staff.

We're going to be running a 3-4 WR set shotgun no-huddle offense. Going to need those WR's.

Well, hopefully some of our true freshmen can step up. :)

Jul 7, 2004
we have D'juan, PE, Chijuan, Luke Frazier (possession type receiver, more of a blocker) Seth Newton, Tommy D, Eddie Brown (I think thats the name was in the Bayou bowl opposite of Chijuan mack)