Fall softball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
https://okstate.com/news/2022/10/9/cowgirl-softball-sweeps-sunday-fall-doubleheader.aspx

It was good to be in Stillwater watching Cowgirls softball today. I was going to do inning by inning updates but my phone died.

In the first game vs C. Arkansas…their leadoff hitter hit an 0-1 pitch off of center field wall for a double. The OF imo played shallow. If Factor played regular depth…I believe she would have caught the fly.

With one out, C. Ark 3 hole hit a laser right over our 1B head for a RBI double. She almost snagged it if the ball was few inches lower.

Besides those two hit….Kelly Maxwell dominated them.

Becker lead off with a single in B1 between SS and 3B. Then Naomi crushed it over left-centerfield wall. That looked like the 2021 Naomi that we all want to see.

From that point until C. Ark switched pitchers in the 6th…we got some hits but couldn’t put them together.

Lexi Kilfoyl had two singles in the game that were nothing less than missiles shots. These hits never got over 15 feet( not sure if they was that high) from the ground to the right center warning track. If she can get little bit more air underneath the ball…she be having a nickname like Hailey Busby had. She looked pretty solid on the mound.

Tallen Edwards monster shot to right field looked good. I am excited to see what she would bring to the team when season start. I think she will be something special.

Later innings, Coach G put new fielders in to play for experience. On one play with a runner on first….C Ark hitter laid down a bunt to 3B. Great reaction to scoop up and throw to 2B. Had the runner out BUUUUUUUT…2B fell asleep and didn’t tagged the base. It lead them to score a run. It looked like she was surprise.

Game 2 vs West Texas A&M

Ivy Rosenberry did ok…I didn’t see very much movement on her pitches. The better hitters on their team did hit Ivy hard cause of that. Pitchers has those days.

Aycock came in and did really well. Gave up some runs but some were unearned. We made i think 3 errors by the 7th when I left.

All the ladies playing in this game were all reserves. Starters did get some at bats but it was mainly the reserves.

The future looks bright. Sokoloski and Timm got some good hits in the game. McDonald did too. Morgyn Wynne first homerun in the 1st went over left field wall. We need her hitting like she did in 2021.

We was having trouble with their pitcher…our hitters could only move up in the batters box so much. I thought i saw one of our hitters stepping out in front of the batter box. Their pitcher was very very slow.

I believe we have more speed on the base paths with these Freshmens and transfers. I was impress.

Side note….Tatum Clopton and Scotland David did not dress up. David was on crutches and her leg in a brace. Hate to see it since she been having knee troubles the last yr and a half I believe.

Didnt see any braces on Clopton…I do not know if she having shoulder problem or what….Either way, I hope they can get 100% healthy for the upcoming season.

We had a visitor….a pitcher from California on campus visit. She looked every bit of 6’. I’m 5’6 so lot of people look tall to me. She is down to her final 4 schools….OSU, UCLA, Texas and Florida. She already visited UCLA and Texas…was here this weekend and finish up with Florida next weekend.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
https://okstate.com/news/2022/10/9/cowgirl-softball-sweeps-sunday-fall-doubleheader.aspx

It was good to be in Stillwater watching Cowgirls softball today. I was going to do inning by inning updates but my phone died.

In the first game vs C. Arkansas…their leadoff hitter hit an 0-1 pitch off of center field wall for a double. The OF imo played shallow. If Factor played regular depth…I believe she would have caught the fly.

With one out, C. Ark 3 hole hit a laser right over our 1B head for a RBI double. She almost snagged it if the ball was few inches lower.

Besides those two hit….Kelly Maxwell dominated them.

Becker lead off with a single in B1 between SS and 3B. Then Naomi crushed it over left-centerfield wall. That looked like the 2021 Naomi that we all want to see.

From that point until C. Ark switched pitchers in the 6th…we got some hits but couldn’t put them together.

Lexi Kilfoyl had two singles in the game that were nothing less than misses shots. These hits never got over 15 feet( not sure if they was that high) from the ground to the right center warning track. If she can get little bit more air underneath the ball…she be having a nickname like Hailey Busby had. She looked pretty solid on the mound.

Tallen Edwards monster shot to right field looked good. I am excited to see what she would bring to the team when season start. I think she will be something special.

Later innings, Coach G put new fielders in to play for experience. On one play with a runner on first….C Ark hitter laid down a bunt to 3B. Great reaction to scoop up and throw to 2B. Had the runner out BUUUUUUUT…2B fell asleep and didn’t tagged the base. It lead them to score a run. It looked like she was surprise.

Game 2 vs West Texas A&M

Ivy Rosenberry did ok…I didn’t see very much movement on her pitches. The better hitters on their team did hit Ivy hard cause of that. Pitchers has those days.

Aycock came in and did really well. Gave up some runs but some were unearned. We made i think 3 errors by the 7th when I left.

All the ladies playing in this game were all reserves. Starters did get some at bats but it was mainly the reserves.

The future looks bright. Sokoloski and Timm got some good hits in the game. McDonald did too. Morgyn Wynne first homerun in the 1st went over left field wall. We need her hitting like she did in 2021.

We was having trouble with their pitcher…our hitters could only move up in the batters box so much. I thought i saw one of our hitters stepping out in front of the batter box. Their pitcher was very very slow.

I believe we have more speed on the base paths with these Freshmens and transfers. I was impress.

Side note….Tatum Clopton and Scotland David did not dress up. David was on crutches and her leg in a brace. Hate to see it since she been having knee troubles the last yr and a half I believe.

Didnt see any braces on Clopton…I do not know if she having shoulder problem or what….Either way, I hope they can get 100% healthy for the upcoming season.

We had a visitor….a pitcher from California on campus visit. She looked every bit of 6’. I’m 5’6 so lot of people look tall to me. She is down to her final 4 schools….OSU, UCLA, Texas and Florida. She already visited UCLA and Texas…was here this weekend and finish up with Florida next weekend.
Great stuff, thanks for the info. Hard to find much which is frustrating.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
First for 2024… Tara Vandewater: MIF/catcher from Iowa. Plays for the Israel national team.
expect this to be a small class due to the enormous amount of transfers from this year. Of course this could change barring any transfers. The few we’ve tried to get to commit have been unsuccessful. Arkansas HC Courtney Diefel has been kicking our a$$ on the recruiting trail.

Tatum clopton has been out of shoulder brace for a couple weeks now and yes she had surgery over the summer. David tore up the same knee again….it’s unfortunate how unlucky she’s been.

https://twitter.com/taravandewater/status/1581963367563919360?s=46&t=GdQ6b7FKrnuj1bDkszRAYQ[/size][/i]

Last edited: