Fall Camp Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
Just watched a Twitter video of the players walking to the practice field and my goodness, Kendal Daniels is huge!!
Apologies for the awful quality. It's a screenshot of an already pretty grainy video.

But... yeah, Daniels is pretty big. He could end up like Kam Chancellor size.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2012
Well Gundy seemed good in his press conference today. He’s usually straight forward on how the team is shaping up and how good we are. To me, he seemed relaxed and confident, which is a great sign! It’s really seeming like the offense has a chance to take a big step forward! He seemed excited about the OL and it’s depth (which he hasn’t been in a few years). Said Warren and M Rod would be the two toughest replacements (obvious). He said something along the lines of, If this group can learn to play for each other, we have a chance to be pretty good! Super excited for this season, I truly believe this is a big season for the future of Ok State football with realignment.

Mar 8, 2010
I think the second half of the Notre Dame game convinced Gundy how special this offense can be playing fast with Sanders. Just let Spencer do his thing with his God given skills and our offense will be something that keeps opponents DC’s up at nights. Just stay healthy at the QB position.

Oct 30, 2012
I think the second half of the Notre Dame game convinced Gundy how special this offense can be playing fast with Sanders. Just let Spencer do his thing with his God given skills and our offense will be something that keeps opponents DC’s up at nights. Just stay healthy at the QB position.
Yep! We just needed the depth/experience at OL and WR to get to the point where playing fast consistently was an option and it sounds like we’re finally back to that! Looking forward to the season.

Jul 31, 2008
You saw that in Bedlam as well, play fast and SS can deliver since he’s having success and doesn’t have to be Super Hero to pull off a special play to keep the chains moving

Nov 18, 2010
Sanders ran a lot against OU and ND. In my opinion, that's why the offense worked so well. We didn't run him nearly as much in other games, to keep him from getting injured. I imagine we will run into the same situation, as does any team with a QB that runs better than he throws. Don't get me wrong, he can throw, but it's less consistent. Legs will always be more consistent than an arm, for just about anyone. But getting tackled hurts.

May 31, 2007
Concord
Sanders ran a lot against OU and ND. In my opinion, that's why the offense worked so well. We didn't run him nearly as much in other games, to keep him from getting injured. I imagine we will run into the same situation, as does any team with a QB that runs better than he throws. Don't get me wrong, he can throw, but it's less consistent. Legs will always be more consistent than an arm, for just about anyone. But getting tackled hurts.
Definitely something best used as a “wrinkle” in big games and not part of your regular game plan.

Oct 30, 2012
You saw that in Bedlam as well, play fast and SS can deliver since he’s having success and doesn’t have to be Super Hero to pull off a special play to keep the chains moving
Really seems that playing fast is going to be their primary pace this year by everything I’ve read/heard.