Fall Camp Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
We are one week away from the start of fall camp so I figured we could go ahead and start the discussion. What are some of the questions and concerns you guys have about the team heading into camp? Also, I will try and answer any questions you have for me.

Projected 2 deep going into camp:

QB- Rudolph, Cornelius/Wudtee
RB- Hill, King, Carr/Wilson/Brown, Hubbard possible RS
WR- Washington, Lacy
WR- Ateman, Alexander
WR- McCleskey, Stoner
WR- Johnson, Wallace
CW- B. Abbott, K. Brown/S. Finefeuiaki
C- Lundblade, Wilson
RG- Williams, Galea'i
LG- Keyes, Hambright,
RT- Crabtree, Richards
LT- Cochran, Galloway

LB- McGruder, Bundage
LB- Phillips, Akem
LB- Whitener, P. Macon
DE- Owens, Levini
DE- Walterschied/Brailford, Weber
DT- Daniels, Carter , Hughes
DT- Osborne/Enoch Smith Jr, Bakari
CB- A. Baker, Morton
CB- AJ Green, R. Williams
S- Flowers, D. Curry
S- Richards, Morrow

K: M. Amendola,
P: Sinor

PR: McClesky/Johnson
KR: Lacy, Carr, Johnson

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M38l21993CY&ab_channel=OklahomaStateAthletics

Countdown to Fall Camp

[parsehtml]<!-- Display the countdown timer in an element -->
<p id="demo"></p>

<script>
// Set the date we're counting down to
var countDownDate = new Date("July 30, 2017 24:00:00").getTime();

// Update the count down every 1 second
var x = setInterval(function() {

// Get todays date and time
var now = new Date().getTime();

// Find the distance between now an the count down date
var distance = countDownDate - now;

// Time calculations for days, hours, minutes and seconds
var days = Math.floor(distance / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24));
var hours = Math.floor((distance % (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24)) / (1000 * 60 * 60));
var minutes = Math.floor((distance % (1000 * 60 * 60)) / (1000 * 60));
var seconds = Math.floor((distance % (1000 * 60)) / 1000);

// Display the result in the element with id="demo"
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = days + "d " + hours + "h "
+ minutes + "m " + seconds + "s ";

// If the count down is finished, write some text
if (distance < 0) {
clearInterval(x);
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = "FALL CAMP";
}
}, 1000);
</script>[/parsehtml]

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
We are one week away from the start of fall camp so I figured we could go ahead and start the discussion. What are some of the questions and concerns you guys have about the team heading into camp? Also, I will try and answer any questions you have for me.

WR- Washington, Lacy
WR- Ateman, Alexander
WR- McCleskey, Stoner
WR- Johnson, Wallace
C- Lundblade, Wilson
RG- Williams, Galea'i
LG- Keyes, Hambright,
RT- Crabtree, Richards
LT- Cochran, Galloway

LB- McGruder, Bundage
LB- Phillips, Akem
LB- Whitener, P. Macon
DE- Owens, Levini
CB- A. Baker, Morton
S- Flowers, D. Curry
S- Richards, Morrow

I have a question to start off. How is Morton a 2nd stringer over Madre Harper and Curry???

Did Morton come and really impress in fall camp?

My area of concern is primarily our secondary defense and why we keep moving corners to safeties and what not.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
I have a question to start off. How is Morton a 2nd stringer over Madre Harper and Curry???

My area of concern is primarily our secondary defense and why we keep moving corners to safeties and what not.
FYI Curry is at safety now and I agree Harper should be ahead of Morton.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
That does seem to be the case. I am just trying to understand the reasoning behind moving what use to be corners to safety. For example, Richards moved from corner to safety just like Curry. Are we in such a position of strength at corner that we recycle these guys to safety??

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
That does seem to be the case. I am just trying to understand the reasoning behind moving what use to be corners to safety. For example, Richards moved from corner to safety just like Curry. Are we in such a position of strength at corner that we recycle these guys to safety??
We are thin at Safety and thats how much they like the young CBs. We have been trying to move Richards to safety the last 2 years and it hasn't been able to workout. Curry will get some work at CB, but mainly be at safety.

Last edited:

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
We are thin at Safety and thats how much they like the young CBs. We have been trying to move Richards to safety the last 2 years and it has been able to workout. Curry will get some work at CB, but mainly be at safety.
I know at one point mcgruder was a safety. Have they thought about putting him back there from linebacker since we seem to be deep there.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK

Wouldn't expect much from Harper based on recent rumblings.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
Both Hammer and Duffie were on RA's show recently and the felt that Richards and Curry could help more a safety because of their style of play. They seemed to be really comfortable with the corner position and all the young corners.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

WR- Washington, Lacy
WR- Ateman, Alexander
WR- McCleskey, Stoner
WR- Johnson, Wallace
C- Lundblade, Wilson
RG- Williams, Galea'i
LG- Keyes, Hambright,
RT- Crabtree, Richards
LT- Cochran, Galloway

LB- McGruder, Bundage
LB- Phillips, Akem
LB- Whitener, P. Macon
DE- Owens, Levini
CB- A. Baker, Morton
S- Flowers, D. Curry
S- Richards, Morrow

I notice that all of the receivers are listed as WR. Why not some IR. Are they all that interchangeable?

Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
My concerns are with the Cowboy Back position, Corners, and Kicker. Cowboy back has been needed to help with the blocking in the run game and protecting Mason. Corners are young which is always a concern. Kicker can be the difference in a win or a loss. Amendola has not show great consistency from what I have seen.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I notice that all of the receivers are listed as WR. Why not some IR. Are they all that interchangeable?
Wasn't really thinking about that or anything in particular just used WR, but Washinton and Ateman are going to be WRs. Johnson will be playing both outside and inside. McCleskey is pretty much the only one that is always going to be an IR.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
My concerns are with the Cowboy Back position, Corners, and Kicker. Cowboy back has been needed to help with the blocking in the run game and protecting Mason. Corners are young which is always a concern. Kicker can be the difference in a win or a loss. Amendola has not show great consistency from what I have seen.
With the addition of Sione F. at the CW position, I'm feeling pretty good about it. If you've not watched his Hudl highlights, take a look. The guy's a beast: great blocker, great receiver, good speed, can do it all. And I think (hope) Brown and Abbott will be solid as well.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
With the addition of Sione F. at the CW position, I'm feeling pretty good about it. If you've not watched his Hudl highlights, take a look. The guy's a beast: great blocker, great receiver, good speed, can do it all. And I think (hope) Brown and Abbott will be solid as well.
Yurcich mention that Abbott is very reliable and that Brown needs to work on point of contact and keeping his legs moving on an interview with RA.

@Runs Deep here is our interview with Sione Finefeuiaki and it has his highlights in it.

https://www.orangepower.com/threads/sione-finefeuiaki-interview.234320/

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Are there any ends that will see time inside at DT? That position seems to be the thinnest on the team, just from a quick glance at the roster. Even if we don't have an injury there (God forbid), it seems lack of depth will take it's toll throughout the year. I know in the past on 3rd and longs we've always brought in a lighter DT/E in the middle, (I never liked that defense btw) but even then if we score quickly, then the D is going to be on the field a lot.