EPIC may lose their contract with the State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There is a massive excessive cost in public education all from elementary to the college level. I have spoken to the Oklahoma Board of Higher Education about cutting cost but nothing has changed.
Agree, but I just want them out of the private model. The problems get worse when private schools (like Epic) take public funds. I was against our private school and my church also taking ANY bail out money...they BOTH did anyway...I'm against the voucher system but many of my mindset are for it because they don't seem to understand that inviting public funds into the private domain is the biggest way to lose your educational freedom. When they have their foot in the door they won't be able to resist "suggestions" and "control."

Sep 22, 2011
There is a massive excessive cost in public education all from elementary to the college level. I have spoken to the Oklahoma Board of Higher Education about cutting cost but nothing has changed.
Where in your opinion in the money being misspent?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Gov. Stitt is a "disrupter" and that is why he is opposed by those educators now in power.
He's an interesting one. A good man, no doubt and one who wants to get along and build consesis yet has strong opinions. He's not been a vaccine guy in his personal life YET has promoted it as a success of the state. He's not been one to centralize power but rather give the communities power to control their areas (i.e. mask mandates were local not state wide). He gets along with the big city mayors but refuses to control them, which I'm sure they like yet feel somewhat alone as well. Bottom line, I really like the guy personally and his style of leadership...but I could see how some are opposed...yet I think we are better off with the laissez-faire attempted consesis approach he takes to governance, mostly. He's an OSU guy despite growing up in Norman...what's not to like? :)

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yet they were able to Settle and keep their contract with the state.

Remember this post the next time Epic screws up again. We had a chance to stop them here...and we didn't...They are not fit to be handling our Tax dollars.

Part of the settlement was separating the boards and better financial oversight I thought?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk