Elizabeth City NC police shooting

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The last person we should listen to right now is the family lawyer. He has zero incentive to say it was justified (not saying it was or wasn't, just that we shouldn't jump to any conclusion).
Don’t worry, I’m sure Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow will tell us what to think tonight. That should smooth things over.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I know nothing about what the footage shows, but all cops involved in a shooting are routinely put on leave with pay pending full internal investigation.
Agree but the concerning part is the two deputies that resigned and the other that retired following the incident, not so much the other ones.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What a giant CF.

no one really knows any real information about this yet. However, the NAACP has urged protest against the police and the city manager has organized a counter protest to support the sheriff.

Also the city is closing down bridges to restrict access into the town during protest time.

Insanity on ALL sides

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
What a giant CF.

no one really knows any real information about this yet. However, the NAACP has urged protest against the police and the city manager has organized a counter protest to support the sheriff.

Also the city is closing down bridges to restrict access into the town during protest time.

Insanity on ALL sides
All of this with zero information so far. Seems like everyone just wants to fight.

Sep 22, 2011
50 years from now, we will look back at this time and wonder how we let these charlatans gin up so much anger and violence between us

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
50 years from now, we will look back at this time and wonder how we let these charlatans gin up so much anger and violence between us
Marjorie Taylor Greene is a great example of charlatan. Voted against awarding medals to Capitol Police in Jan 6th Capitol issue and this week is key note speaker at a Back The Blue Event.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Media stokes this stuff, then profits rom the results. Same for politicians. It's a conflict of interests IMO.
Honestly, I wouldn't say it's the media this time. And I usually blame them. They are just going off what everyone is saying. I feel like the family lawyer and the city is at fault here, honestly. Lots of stoking without any released data. In this case the media literally doesn't have anything else to report other than what they are hearing from those two sides.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Honestly, I wouldn't say it's the media this time. And I usually blame them. They are just going off what everyone is saying. I feel like the family lawyer and the city is at fault here, honestly. Lots of stoking without any released data. In this case the media literally doesn't have anything else to report other than what they are hearing from those two sides.
I'm saying that we're at this point due to media stoking this stuff for the last decade. Now all they do is sit back and profit from the sh!t show. Of course they have to reinforce it periodically, but at this point the stories create themselves. It's a highly efficient, profitable, and predictable system they have going.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yeah, the city tells the family they will let them see the body cam footage. There were 7 cops there wearing body cams. And then they delay it multiple times after they told them they would show it to them, and then the city goes to a judge and now want a judge permission to redact the identity of everyone in the video and now say they won't show it to the family unless it is redacted...and then when they do show the redacted video to the family.....out of 7 body cams, they only show them a 20 second segment of One body cam angle and the video they show them starts after the first shots have already been fired.

The city is handling this HORIBBLY

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Yeah, the city tells the family they will let them see the body cam footage. There were 7 cops there wearing body cams. And then they delay it multiple times after they told them they would show it to them, and then the city goes to a judge and now want a judge permission to redact the identity of everyone in the video and now say they won't show it to the family unless it is redacted...and then when they do show the redacted video to the family.....out of 7 body cams, they only show them a 20 second segment of One body cam angle and the video they show them starts after the first shots have already been fired.

How do you know that they're handling this horribly? Do you know all their regulations and laws related to body cam footage, active investigations, etc...? Do know exactly what the city is allowed to show the family at this point and/or what they promised to show them?

Or you just going off of random info from Twitter?

Sep 22, 2011

In the case that there was no wrongdoing by the police, should all of them be Doxxed for just being there?

Oct 30, 2007
Media stokes this stuff, then profits rom the results. Same for politicians. It's a conflict of interests IMO.
No doubt. It's sad to say, but there were probably a lot of media members and politicians disappointed that Chauvin was convicted. An acquittal would've generated more emotion and provided more opportunity for profit.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
How do you know that they're handling this horribly? Do you know all their regulations and laws related to body cam footage, active investigations, etc...? Do know exactly what the city is allowed to show the family at this point and/or what they promised to show them?

Or you just going off of random info from Twitter?
You don't have to go to a judge to ask them to allow you to retract a video, if you already have a law that would prevent you from releasing/editing it.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You don't have to go to a judge to ask them to allow you to retract a video, if you already have a law that would prevent you from releasing/editing it.
Perhaps their only misstep at this point was that someone mistakenly said the family could view the video. Then, after legal review, decided they maybe shouldn't (couldn't?) do that?

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I'm saying that we're at this point due to media stoking this stuff for the last decade. Now all they do is sit back and profit from the sh!t show. Of course they have to reinforce it periodically, but at this point the stories create themselves. It's a highly efficient, profitable, and predictable system they have going.
I'll agree with that. We're here because they have historically pushed this narrative. Just not in this case... yet.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
No doubt. It's sad to say, but there were probably a lot of media members and politicians disappointed that Chauvin was convicted. An acquittal would've generated more emotion and provided more opportunity for profit.
The agreement reaction I gave is the saddest one I've ever had.