VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
You actually think someone on this board is going to do something? I'm pretty sure everyone here is at least level headed enough to not do anything like that.
Current posters yeah. There have been a few in the past though who were out there.

The dude that thought it was cool to shoot illegal immigrants as they crossed-could totally see him going muh freedoms on a capitol building somewhere.

Mar 11, 2006
Let me make sure I'm understanding this right. You have a problem with net neutrality as it existed under Obama, but does not exist now? The issue is that ISPs previously had to treat all traffic equally, meaning that Cox/spectrum/google fiber can't slow down traffic of specific domains. The argument I had seen previously about why net neutrality hurt innovation was largely about the idea that it reduced incentives for expanding infrastructure. Is that what you mean about reduces innovation? As I understand it that does not apply in the same way to hosting services, which I believe are different things (amazon web services vs spectrum).

To pull everything together, you're saying that because google lobbied for net neutrality to avoid limitations on their traffic, they shouldn't be able to drop an app from its app hosting platform (i.e., the play store and its related software)? And that applies even though that version of net neutrality isn't currently in place?
I am going to a work event so won’t be able to provide a detailed answer, but will quickly address you last paragraph.

Congress has punted on net neutrality for over a decade now. I think that are a couple of components that would work, but no one can agree on it. So the FCC under Obama just used an old 1934 telecommunication rule to change the classification of ISPs to allow them to regulate. Everyone is aware that when Biden takes over and the majority of FCC commissioners go to Democrats they will move to reinstate the Obama rules. Biden has stated as such in the past.

Honestly, the blame is on Congress. Their inability to make adequate laws makes net neutrality up whoever controls the Presidency and the FCC.

I think the “spirit” behind wanting net neutrality is understandable, but the way they instituted it with the 1934 rules is hurting the little guy. And does stifle or curtail confidence in investment of networks.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
See post #10,823.
You describe what you see. Is lynching not appropriate? Want to make it a little more polite?
I see a bunch of morons who need to get their skulls cracked. And I don't mean metaphorically.

We've spent years boo hooing about how mean the cops are when we put them in impossible situations.

When the cops are outnumbered by a bunch of animals, its time we let the cops play hard ball.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Couldn't agree more. And since the courts ruled that Trump couldn't block people on Twitter, banning him or anyone is real can of worms. You can't rule that people have a right to access your stuff, but you can be banned from it. Especially when presidents are involved.

21st century problems.
Yeah....you totally can.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Mark Wayne getting all the blame for this..he refused to put a mask on in the bunker they were evacuated too

https://twitter.com/tulsaworld/status/1348797868895838213?s=19
No doubt he strongly feels Americans should have the right and freedom not to protect themselves from COVID-19. It looks too cowardly to wear a mask, I suppose. But would he think it's even more important to wear a mask around people when testing positive for it? I wonder. Better to quarantine one's self, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.