VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think you're misunderstanding. Nobody is trying to justify violence at the capital by citing violence with BLM. They are only citing the hypocrisy of some of the people on the left. We call out both sets of violence whereas there are people including Kaepernick add an example that not only didn't discourage the violence from blm, they turned around and encouraged it. He then started a non-profit that was given 10's of millions of dollars that helped out rioters by bailing them out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The President of the United States told his crowd to march to the Capitol and fight. He raised over half a billion dollars on a lie that the election was stolen. His 1/6 rally that resulted in an attempted coup was called “Stop the Steal”. That is not calling out hypocrisy. That’s outright fraud and incitement. So much so that Lankford realized the shitshow he participated in and tried to call it off.

Wanting transparency in elections is a noble goal but do you honestly believe that’s what Hawley, Cruz and Lankford were after? In Georgia they examined the rolls they looked at death statistics and dates and found 2, as in 1 less than 3. Not 200. Not 2000. TWO. 2 votes from dead people. This is reported by 2 republicans who voted for Trump and 1 gave $ to him.

PA found 2 and they were votes for Trump. There was no widespread coordinated fraud per Bill Barr. Trumps own administration said this was the most secure election in our history. They have lost or been denied over 60 cases in courts w judges appointed by Trump.

If Republicans really care about free and fair elections they should agree to a Bi-partisan commission led by Stacy Abrams of Georgia where they go into Mississippi and Georgia and sit down w local black leaders and ask ?s and responsibly Implement changes that make it legally easier for all people to register and vote. They should go to Native American communities and find out how to get voter identification and polling places so more Native Americans can vote. They should go to every state w a Mexican border and find out how to register legal Latinos who are US citizens and make it easier for them to vote. They should make national elections 2 weeks long and make it mandatory that every registered voter has at least 1 pd day off during that 2 weeks. They should work w states to open more polling locations and hire more poll workers and watchers. Every ballot cast has to have a paper receipt.
I'll stop you right there. Your first sentence is an outright lie. He said to march to the Capitol and peacefully and patriotically protest and make their voices heard.

Nov 23, 2007
like with many other things that he did early on in his presidency, I think he just assumed he could say it and it would happen because that's how things work in business. Unfortunately that's not how it works and if I remember correctly Congress pretty much sat on their hands and did nothing to follow through.

When Trump lost the popular vote in 2016, he alleged massive voter fraud, created a commission to investigate and put former Kansas Sec.of State Kris Kobach in charge. They found almost no fraud and disbanded. There was nothing to follow up on.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
like with many other things that he did early on in his presidency, I think he just assumed he could say it and it would happen because that's how things work in business. Unfortunately that's not how it works and if I remember correctly Congress pretty much sat on their hands and did nothing to follow through.

Well, if that is the case they certainly have no reason to complain now. If they were honestly concerned with voting integrity, that would have been the time to address it, not during and right after the election. Of course I think we know none of them aren't truly concerned about the integrity of the vote, just the result.
When their side loses, everyone wants to do something about it. At least the people. The politicians give it lip service and move on. And the next time their side loses they bring it up again.
But it is flawed and fixable. No politicians want to do anything about it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
At this point, I call on the moderators to close this thread. The election is over and subjects being talked about aren't going anywhere. Someone wants a thread about the riot at the Capitol I think they should start it over. Or maybe it should be basically banned as talk about blm was at one point.
I have a job and family to deal with. Talk to you about sports or something else later.

Nov 23, 2007
At this point, I call on the moderators to close this thread. The election is over and subjects being talked about aren't going anywhere. Someone wants a thread about the riot at the Capitol I think they should start it over. Or maybe it should be basically banned as talk about blm was at one point.
I have a job and family to deal with. Talk to you about sports or something else later.

You make claims of massive voter fraud and, when you can’t back them up, you want the thread closed. Interesting strategy.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

I mean.........the insurrection is the direct result of people believing the election was rigged. I think it's relevant to this thread. I think what you're recognizing is that an attempted coup as the result of that belief *SHOULDN'T* be part of an election thread, but here we are.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I'll stop you right there. Your first sentence is an outright lie. He said to march to the Capitol and peacefully and patriotically protest and make their voices heard.

They don’t care about facts, only that which they can speculate on and hope their followers don’t complete any further research on the topic. Another reason why the media and politicians won’t show the actual speech Trump made, because it only confirms there was NOT language used to validate their false claims.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
You make claims of massive voter fraud and, when you can’t back them up, you want the thread closed. Interesting strategy.
I think he’s starting to realize that maybe the President and conservative media lied to him.

And that isn't a bad thing. It's ok to have different views on political ideology. It's not ok for a politician to lie to his supporters to the point where some of them engage in seditious activities. The more people that wake up and realize that guy was a fraud who didn't stand for their values, the better.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I think he’s starting to realize that maybe the President and conservative media lied to him.

And that isn't a bad thing. It's ok to have different views on political ideology. It's not ok for a politician to lie to his supporters to the point where some of them engage in seditious activities. The more people that wake up and realize that guy was a fraud who didn't stand for their values, the better.
My mother called me and apologized for her support for Trump and trying to get me to buy into the lies. She said she feels mislead and made to be a sheep. I told her lots of good people were duped by him.

people who are still beating the voter fraud train are still in the dark and I hope they will come to the light soon. There were damn near 100 law suits thrown out over fraud claims because there could be no evidence produced. And yes they went through the voting machines and had both Republican and Dem poll watchers there watching the audit of 100's if not 1000's of voting machines.

People keep wanting to say these machines were hacked....when in reality they are NEVER hooked to the internet. They record all their data onto USB drives and then those USB drives are collected and driven over to where they are then accessed and counted.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
They don’t care about facts, only that which they can speculate on and hope their followers don’t complete any further research on the topic. Another reason why the media and politicians won’t show the actual speech Trump made, because it only confirms there was NOT language used to validate their false claims.
Many feel like he enabled the mob. These messages are pretty solid evidence he did. He is acting like the events on Jan 6th are a good thing and justified. For sure egging them on. I don't care what is said later. This is what the mob will grab on to.
1610393028349.png

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

"No, we have a corrupt media. They’ve gone silent. They’ve gone dead. We don’t have a fair media any more. It’s suppression and you have to be very careful with that. And they’ve lost all credibility in this country. We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we’ve been forced to believe over the past several weeks."

You gotta give Trump supporters one thing - they stay on message.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Many feel like he enabled the mob. These messages are pretty solid evidence he did. He is acting like the events on Jan 6th are a good thing and justified. For sure egging them on. I don't care what is said later. This is what the mob will grab on to.
View attachment 88296
Ohhhhhh, so you have no direct facts in the form of his own words, so you instead rely on the “dog whistle” theory of using codes.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I've seen it on Twitter and I've seen the bad reviews being posted on Google, Facebook etc... There is a rumour (yes I know) that house and senate Democrats want to label all maga rallies as terrorist gatherings or some such and have the fbi go through pictures and video to start arresting attendees. Sad part is, plenty of liberals on Twitter are saying they wish it were true. If you can't see the sadness of all of this then I don't understand your brand of humanity at all.

People, like Trump and Rudy, his lawyer, who insist upon telling lies that lead to riots and destruction should be arrested though. It's not much different from freedom of speech not meaning that you can yell fire in a theater when there is no fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.