VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Jesus..they have resurrected an old Jade Helm thing......now my very conservative family is trying to convince me they are shutting down Wal Mart stores .....and though they giving the reason as to clean due to COVID..... apparently what they are really doing is building cages to hold Trump supporters in...and the police are about to round them all up.....
Sad part is, there are liberals all over Twitter that would actually want that to be true.

You and others have specifically said I'm pretty level headed when talking with you guys. I'm gonna call that stuff up above what it is, stupid. Stupid conspiracy theories abound, but you can't make some of this up with the stuff being said. Not you, but there are some on here that are truly sounding like they would totally go for the Jade Helm thing rounding up conservatives if it were true. I am truly saddened to see it.

Jun 20, 2012
What policies? Name one that's worthy of balancing out an entire presidency of spreading propaganda and misinformation resulting in an insurrection on 1/6/2021. Responsible for a Capitol Police officer lynching. And that's not even the worst offense, unfortunately. That's reality. Insurrectionists. That's reality.

The irony of all of this, is the "fake news media" will be the evidence in about 90% of the criminal cases. All these Back the Blue voices...like Canadian County's Sheriff Chris West. Yeah he jumped out in front of the media for a reason. He's gonna get charged. Wait and see. All these former soldiers that've been identified. Why didn't they uphold their duty to protect their Republic? They participated in it if they were on the grounds without helping the authorities. How else do you see this ending for those identified? If my face is pictured on the steps...should I be excused because I say I didn't realize a Capitol Police officer was being beaten to death? Mob rule has consequences. All of those identified are getting charged. With what, we shall see. And they based this outrage on what? QAnon? A Twitter feed? His words? You believe his words? How about that policy? The Truth. That's the most important policy. This happened because Conservatives don't read. You've all been convinced not to read. You have no intention of deciding for yourself if you're even reading commentary or an article because you think it's a Liberal voice because they told you it was. Policies my ass. I've heard the exact same BS about policies from friends and family, and none of them could actually name one off the top of their heads. All this outrage over Colin Kaepernick...if that's not put in perspective at this point, then you just don't get it.

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Jesus..they have resurrected an old Jade Helm thing......now my very conservative family is trying to convince me they are shutting down Wal Mart stores .....and though they giving the reason as to clean due to COVID..... apparently what they are really doing is building cages to hold Trump supporters in...and the police are about to round them all up.....
Sad part is, there are liberals all over Twitter that would actually want that to be true.

You and others have specifically said I'm pretty level headed when talking with you guys. I'm gonna call that stuff up above what it is, stupid. Stupid conspiracy theories abound, but you can't make some of this up with the stuff being said. Not you, but there are some on here that are truly sounding like they would totally go for the Jade Helm thing rounding up conservatives if it were true. I am truly saddened to see it.
The most unrealistic part of this stupid conspiracy is that Walmart is part of it... They really think Walmart is gonna lock up their primary customer base in cages??...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The republican conservatives allowed this to happen and somehow its the liberals fault?? I see alot of deflecting and backtracking happening.
I blame those that actually did the violence. I blame liberals for their trying to blame every conservative rather than those that actually did the violence.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Here's my take, I agreed with Trumps policies. Most of them, not all. And yes, I believe there was a lot of election fraud. If that makes me an insurrectionist, then stop pu**y footing around and call me that personally. And then if you don't agree with me and can't seem to understand that I'm a person that believes different than you, then put me on ignore.
God Bless and have a great week. Bye. Go Pokes.

Jun 20, 2012
Here's my take, I agreed with Trumps policies. Most of them, not all. And yes, I believe there was a lot of election fraud. If that makes me an insurrectionist, then stop pu**y footing around and call me that personally. And then if you don't agree with me and can't seem to understand that I'm a person that believes different than you, then put me on ignore.
Being on the grounds and breaking through the barricades would make you an insurrectionist, that's for damn sure.

And you still failed to name a single policy. Guess we can just imagine it's the policy of believing propaganda, since that's his main policy.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Being on the grounds and breaking through the barricades would make you an insurrectionist, that's for damn sure.

And you still failed to name a single policy. Guess we can just imagine it's the policy of believing propaganda, since that's his main policy.
It doesn't matter what policy I supported, you obviously don't agree with them so what. If you believe what's in your first sentence, then you are obviously against those that are trying to label all conservatives and trying to get some of them fired and killing their businesses just for being in D.C. Right?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I blame those that actually did the violence. I blame liberals for their trying to blame every conservative rather than those that actually did the violence.
I think people are exaggerating the point that liberals are blaming EVERY conservative. One problem is the lines are blurred and people who were pro trump and did not listen when people including non trump conservatives said this would happen are trying to walk away from the train wreck. Those enablers absolutely deserve blame. This has been festering for years. On the totem pole of blame to keep talking about liberals is going after the low hanging fruit because it is easy.

Jun 20, 2012
It doesn't matter what policy I supported, you obviously don't agree with them so what. If you believe what's in your first sentence, then you are obviously against those that are trying to label all conservatives and trying to get some of them fired and killing their businesses just for being in D.C. Right?
Being in D.C. means you're expressing your Rights and Freedoms. Nothing to fear from that.

Being on the Capitol Building Grounds means something entirely different.

If businesses go under because ownership of said business gets outed as Trump supporters, then I believe it's ironically similar to the religious freedom decisions allowing business to deny service/trading with paying customers based on religion or sexuality. You voters made this bed, now lay in it. This is why putting a religious zealot on the SCOTUS was a huge mistake.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Parler went down as expected. One of the final outrageous postings of the mentally off Lin Wood read:

"Over the next 10-14 days, you will learn shocking information about many of our government officials & wealthy elite.

Child sex trafficking and pedophilia are the worldwide pandemic.

Revelations will relate to Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Chief Justice John Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Mike Pence, Jeffrey Epstein, Bill Gates, and thousands more.

I have seen the evidence. It is conclusive.

This truly is the battle between good & evil."

Will fake wonders ever cease?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
A lot of election fraud? So I wonder if Trump won the dead people vote?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Can we just go ahead and establish a list of people right now that approved of either (or both?) the riots this summer or the storming of the WH? Did anyone approve of either one? If so, please go ahead and state it so we can stop the guessing games about who supported what, when.

Just curious to know if any real people in this thread approved of either scenario....and more importantly, why they approved of one but not another.

I'll go first.

I support the right for people to assemble and protest, both on Jan 6th and during the summer.
I support the rights of protestors to carry weapons for self defense if guns were legal at the protest
I do not support blocking highways
I do not support burning buildings
I do not support physical violence against other people
I do not support destruction of property
I do no support theft

I believe both protests were rooted in at least some truth, but likely mob mentality took over due to various for-profit media outlets, social media, and cult-like leadership trying to gain followings (both events). I do believe the rioters this summer had more legitimate claims to be upset.

I think with how fast news spreads these days, people aren't giving enough time to process events before they react, so we get into these wild discussions where nobody really knows anything, but everyone has a hot take. Information (real, fake, and everything in between) is flying at people from so many angle and so quickly that they have no real hope of understanding all of it and reacting appropriately. And I think a lot of what we're seeing is the direct result of that fact. People have become primal, because they have no idea how else to survive.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Can we just go ahead and establish a list of people right now that approved of either (or both?) the riots this summer or the storming of the WH? Did anyone approve of either one? If so, please go ahead and state it so we can stop the guessing games about who supported what, when.

Just curious to know if any real people in this thread approved of either scenario....and more importantly, why they approved of one but not another.

I'll go first.

I support the right for people to assemble and protest, both on Jan 6th and during the summer.
I support the rights of protestors to carry weapons for self defense if guns were legal at the protest
I do not support blocking highways
I do not support burning buildings
I do not support physical violence against other people
I do not support smashing windows
I do no support theft

I believe both protests were rooted in at least some truth, but likely mob mentality took over due to various for-profit media outlets, social media, and cult-like leadership trying to gain followings (both events). I do believe the rioters this summer had more legitimate claims to be upset.

I think with how fast news spreads these days, people aren't giving enough time to process events before they react, so we get into these wild discussions where nobody really knows anything, but everyone has a hot take. Information (real, fake, and everything in between) is flying at people from so many angle and so quickly that they have no real hope of understanding all of it and reacting appropriately. And I think a lot of what we're seeing is the direct result of that fact. People have become primal, because they have no idea how else to survive.
Its not about supporting the rioters, it is about whether you still support trump, or if you are still pushing the stop the steal narrative. If you still are supporting trump after his actions this week, you are either a fool or a bad actor. This is an unprecedented situation where whataboutism will not stand

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Its not about supporting the rioters, it is about whether you still support trump, or if you are still pushing the stop the steal narrative. If you still are supporting trump after his actions this week, you are either a fool or a bad actor. This is an unprecedented situation where whataboutism will not stand
1. I've never supported Trump, ever.
2. "whataboutism" seems to be something people throw around when they don't want to confront their own hypocrisy

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
What policies? Name one that's worthy of balancing out an entire presidency of spreading propaganda and misinformation resulting in an insurrection on 1/6/2021. Responsible for a Capitol Police officer lynching. And that's not even the worst offense, unfortunately. That's reality. Insurrectionists. That's reality.

Wait what?

What are you referring to here?

Dec 9, 2013
Wren you post like you are a genuine person. I like that. For me it’s always been about how utterly lacking in integrity, empathy & Spirit Trump is and the fact he conned so many good people. I don’t know that he conned you

As for fraud his own Attorney General, Bill Barr said it wasn’t widespread and it didn’t cause the election results. I believe it is just like always and limited to individuals deciding on their own w no coordination and happened from both sides.

I encourage you to watch the 60 Minutes piece on this from last night. They interview 2 Rs in Georgia in charge of the election. They both voted for Trump and 1 even donated $ to him. Listen w an open mind as they explain pretty much point by point what Trump says are lies. Why would these guys lie? If Trump is not telling the truth about Georgia, why then is he to be believed about PA, MI, or WI? Then the next ? Is if he’s not telling the truth here was he telling the truth about most anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.