VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Dude, they should go after him. He had thousands of BOP "prison guards or mercs" in full military riot gear on the ready in June, and yesterday there was a smaller police force on hand than Logan County used for a single-person manhunt earlier this week. He's in charge of protecting our REPUBLIC 1st and foremost. What other POTUS would allow a mob to storm the Capitol Building. That's the most obvious sign of being inept than anything we've seen in our lives.
allow them to storm and then REFUSE to call in the force needed to stop it. Had Pence not stepped in and ordered the NG....one can only imagine how bad it could have been

Make no mistake. Pence saved lives AND the Capitol yesterday. I'm not a big fan of some of his stances, but as of yesterday I see him as a National Hero.....an enabler who came back to reality and most likely doomed his own career for Nation over loyalty to Trump

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Gotta push back on that one.

I didn't vote for him either time, but I do hate what I see from the media today. So I've defended him at times & pointed out some of the ridiculousness of the coverage. All the while also acknowledging he brought a lot of it on himself.

Yesterday, however, was a bridge too far. He absolutely fomented that crowd & had a huge hand in what transpired.

I try not to fall into the trap of being a prisoner of the moment & I don't hate him, but he crossed a line yesterday that cannot be tolerated. Ever. I never thought I'd hear an American President say such things.

Lastly, the autopsy of what went on with police, etc... is going to be very interesting.
Fair enough. However, I just don’t believe he “crossed a line” in the sense that he actively promoted and encouraged grown adults to storm the Capitol. I mean really, I think you give him way too much credit and don’t do nearly enough to invoke personal responsibility. Again, yes, he should have at least done something more to squash it one it was clear what was happening.

Nov 26, 2006
How many did resign or were fired over his term? I've honestly lost count.

I get where you're coming from, but I also think you're oversimplifying it a bit. I, for one, don't look at Cabinet members as just tacit endorsers of everything a President does while they're serving under him/her. I don't think it's really their role to call him out.

How is it laughable now for them to have the same reaction that virtually everyone does today?
I disagree. I think anyone in a position of power should call out their peers and bosses alike. Maybe if that happened more we wouldn't be where we are as a country both in business and government (I will spare you multiple examples) At some point you have to decide who you are and what you stand for. And apparently this lot stands for very little as long as it doesn't effect them personally.

As for why it is laughable, you can't watch someone start a fire, pour copious amounts of gasoline on it, see it spread at astonishing speed all the while saying "it's not that bad, it will go out eventually", and then once it starts engulfing neighborhoods and hurting people you shake your head and say, "this is unacceptable, something has to be done!". That is irony/hypocrisy at its finest.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
allow them to storm and then REFUSE to call in the force needed to stop it. Had Pence not stepped in and ordered the NG....one can only imagine how bad it could have been

Make no mistake. Pence saved lives AND the Capitol yesterday. I'm not a big fan of some of his stances, but as of yesterday I see him as a National Hero.....an enabler who came back to reality and most likely doomed his own career for Nation over loyalty to Trump
I see him as a guy who did the absolute bare minimum at the last second.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Fair enough. However, I just don’t believe he “crossed a line” in the sense that he actively promoted and encouraged grown adults to storm the Capitol. I mean really, I think you give him way too much credit and don’t do nearly enough to invoke personal responsibility. Again, yes, he should have at least done something more to squash it one it was clear what was happening.
All the death and bomb threats to polling places and trucks surrounding campaign buses was not enough to warrant a response?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I disagree. I think anyone in a position of power should call out their peers and bosses alike. Maybe if that happened more we wouldn't be where we are as a country both in business and government (I will spare you multiple examples) At some point you have to decide who you are and what you stand for. And apparently this lot stands for very little as long as it doesn't effect them personally.

As for why it is laughable, you can't watch someone start a fire, pour copious amounts of gasoline on it, see it spread at astonishing speed all the while saying "it's not that bad, it will go out eventually", and then once it starts engulfing neighborhoods and hurting people you shake your head and say, "this is unacceptable, something has to be done!". That is irony/hypocrisy at its finest.
Again, though, how many did just what you suggested? It's been multiple.

So let's say you're Sec of Agriculture. You feel like you can make a difference there, help improve that corner of our country & serve your country. At the same time, you cringe at some of the stuff your boss tweets & says. I can absolutely see where a reasonable person could think 'lord I hate this guy, but this is the job I'm here to do & I can help make things better.' Would a revolving chair of Secs of Ag be a good thing for the country? Would biting your tongue on other matters, while trying to do the best job you could be a good thing for the country?

I don't think the choice is as easy as you want to make it.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
All the death and bomb threats to polling places and trucks surrounding campaign buses was not enough to warrant a response?
So now you’re trying to link Trump and Republicans to bomb and threats? Your hatred and disdain for Trump is blinding. Oregon. Washington. Missouri, etc. Trump offered NG assistance and was basically told to back off. Media silent on destruction, other than trying to get bail money raised for rioters/protesters. Move on with your hypocritical oath and hatred for Trump.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What is your point @okstate987 ? The problem with these specific "Christians' is that they are thinking nation, by their actions, is more important than Lord.
Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God."

Commentary: They flipped Jesus a coin with Caesars face on it to attempt to trap him into the politics of the day...Instead he told them he wasn't there to overthrow human governance but to deal with something much more essential and eternal.

Point: "Christians" who behave as if the POTUS of the USA is so important as to impart their hopes and dreams on him are no different than were the Jew's of Jesus day who wanted an insurrection against Cesar that Jesus basically, by his actions and words above, denounced.

Truth: "Christians" should be far more concerned with the eternal than the present. People who stormed the capital yesterday aren't holding true to that value.

Maybe you agree here, I'm not sure...do you?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
So now you’re trying to link Trump and Republicans to bomb and threats? Your hatred and disdain for Trump is blinding. Oregon. Washington. Missouri, etc. Trump offered NG assistance and was basically told to back off. Media silent on destruction, other than trying to get bail money raised for rioters/protesters. Move on with your hypocritical oath and hatred for Trump.
Nah man, I think instead of Trump replying with "I Love Texas" to a campaign bus carrying officials being blocked and harassed. He should have instead told them what they were doing was wrong.

You know act like a leader.

Nov 26, 2006
Again, though, how many did just what you suggested? It's been multiple.

So let's say you're Sec of Agriculture. You feel like you can make a difference there, help improve that corner of our country & serve your country. At the same time, you cringe at some of the stuff your boss tweets & says. I can absolutely see where a reasonable person could think 'lord I hate this guy, but this is the job I'm here to do & I can help make things better.' Would a revolving chair of Secs of Ag be a good thing for the country? Would biting your tongue on other matters, while trying to do the best job you could be a good thing for the country?

I don't think the choice is as easy as you want to make it.
No, I absolutely agree, it would be an extremely hard choice. And I think your example is valid about those that think they can make a difference in a less then optimal position. However, at some point, if you say nothing and work for a person or entity that continues to do harm and refuses to change, your job performance doesn't make up for your complicity in the bigger matter, I believe. But that is just a personal way of looking at it and I understand your view, too. But going back the original point, seeing the names on his cabinet list, I don't think those people have it in them to invoke the 25 the amendment. For the reasons we have discussed and sadly for others more opportunistic reasons. But I really hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.