VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
The pure, unfiltered hate for Trump is actually quite amazing. Nothing says heal a nation and move forward like a party who now has control of all 3 branches of government, yet remains fixated on the candidate they beat and who will be gone in 13 days anyway.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
The pure, unfiltered hate for Trump is actually quite amazing. Nothing says heal a nation and move forward like a party who now has control of all 3 branches of government, yet remains fixated on the candidate they beat and who will be gone in 13 days anyway.
Do you mean 4 or 5 branches of government there, Tommy T? How do Libs control a SCOTUS with 6 conservatives on board?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You're not 100% wrong here, but he also played right into their hands, so he gets to own it now.

The fights within the Dem party will begin soon enough, & they won't have him to blame for it.

Rixaroo

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com
Moving forward means making sure this never happens again by doing everything in your power to politically shackle an obviously dangerous man.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
After that crap last night I would like to see the 25th invoked by our VP. He's a good man who has been saddled with a loon by his side for four years...a guy who makes fun of him and his beliefs and threw him under the bus on this most recent occasion….Ever since the election loss, Trump has lost any ounce of the little remaining respect he had from the Republican side and yesterday nailed his coffin shut...VP Mike Pence, however, is a man who did his duty and certified the vote yesterday despite extreme pressure to do otherwise. I don't know the odds of this but I hope it's in process now. The republican party is now split...I just hope it's 90/10 with Trump diehards being the 10. I'm all for Pence becoming a 14 day President and residing over the transition while kicking Trump to the curb. So sad, as if he had an ounce of decency this would be different. Does anyone know the real likelihood of this happening?

Nov 6, 2010
It is way beyond hate now, it is fear, and it has been more than earned.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Moving forward means making sure this never happens again by doing everything in your power to politically shackle an obviously dangerous man.
I’ll concede he did very little to try and squash it once it reached a certain level, but the clear belief by many that he directed grown adults to do what they did, and wanted it, is simply delusional and based on nothing but hate.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
You kinda brought that on yourself.

How's the war with Iran going?
well someone claiming to be with Iran highjacked the FAA air waves day before yesterday and a middle eastern voice came over the air waves and Frightened Air Traffic Controllers heard this person threatened they would hijack a plane and fly it into the Capitol building yesterday as revenge for the killing of the Iranian General. I would say the war with Iran is still in a slow burn, phase.

Yes I brought it on myself. I don't regret one minute of it. I tried to call out Trump at every ignorant move. I did the same thing to Obama the last 2 years of his term (stupid party politics blinded me for 6 years). I'll damn sure call out Biden.

I swear if Biden tries to change the SCOTUS make up (since they have the Senate now this shouldn't even be a thought to any Dem) , I'll be the loudest person call him on it here

Rixaroo

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com
I’ll concede he did very little to try and squash it once it reached a certain level, but the clear belief by many that he directed grown adults to do what they did, and wanted it, is simply delusional and based on nothing but hate.
Trump refused to deploy the National Guard during the breach and Pence had to step in to enact. He knew full well what he was doing. Again, dangerous.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
No, I’m referring to what is going on right now, thus my reference to still trying to go after Trump when he only has 13 days left anyway.
He currently be trusted with his own access to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook and you want him to still have control of the Nuke codes for another 13 days?

His personal lawyer and staunchest reporter Rudy G was yelling to the crowd just an hour before they invaded the Capitol that he and Trump wanted a Trial by Combat.

Yeah....just how much more can these idiots do in 13 days

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Gotta push back on that one.

I didn't vote for him either time, but I do hate what I see from the media today. So I've defended him at times & pointed out some of the ridiculousness of the coverage. All the while also acknowledging he brought a lot of it on himself.

Yesterday, however, was a bridge too far. He absolutely fomented that crowd & had a huge hand in what transpired.

I try not to fall into the trap of being a prisoner of the moment & I don't hate him, but he crossed a line yesterday that cannot be tolerated. Ever. I never thought I'd hear an American President say such things.

Lastly, the autopsy of what went on with police, etc... is going to be very interesting.

ODMcB

Sheriff
Jun 20, 2012
No, I’m referring to what is going on right now, thus my reference to still trying to go after Trump when he only has 13 days left anyway.
Dude, they should go after him. He had thousands of BOP "prison guards or mercs" in full military riot gear on the ready in June, and yesterday there was a smaller police force on hand than Logan County used for a single-person manhunt earlier this week. He's in charge of protecting our REPUBLIC 1st and foremost. What other POTUS would allow a mob to storm the Capitol Building. That's the most obvious sign of being inept than anything we've seen in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.