VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You keep bringing up that lie. The Trump campaign has only had 3 or 4 lawsuits. All those other ones were individual citizens, or local candidates bringing up suits for whatever reason. Nothing to do with Trump directly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yeah. If you believe the individual lawsuits weren't directed by the Trump administration, I've got some ocean front property in Guymon available real cheap.
So you don't have any proof either. Just assuming.
Every 2 years at major election time there are lawsuits. It is common at the local and state level for both Democrats and Republicans to try to get recounts or ballots thrown out in hopes of getting enough votes to sway an isolated election.
Unless those lawsuits are brought by the lawyers for team Trump and say the plaintiff is the Trump campaign then I really doubt they are nothing more than business as usual.
I've seen some people also say they saw fraud and were suing for those reasons. Those people were, once again, individuals and may be Republicans, but that doesn't mean Trump or his lawyers had anything to do with the lawsuits.

Last edited:

PanhandleCowboy

Point Guard
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2006
Not Close Enough to Stillwater
Is the world coming to an end...

Cuomo Defends Trump against ‘Unprofessional’ and ‘Really Biased’ Media

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cuomo-defends-trump-against-unprofessional-134627352.html

However, during the subsequent interview with WAMC’s Alan Chartock, Cuomo said reporters had adopted a “nastier tone” and “disrespect that never existed” toward politicians.

“The way they question President Trump at some of these press conferences is just—I’ve never heard that tone with the president,” Cuomo said. “There are reporters who just are unprofessional, don’t know the facts and ask really biased questions….You want to say ‘well I don’t like the president and I disrespect him,’ I know but it’s still the office of the president.”

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
So you don't have any proof either. Just assuming.
Every 2 years at major election time there are lawsuits. It is common at the local and state level for both Democrats and Republicans to try to get recounts or ballots thrown out in hopes of getting enough votes to sway an isolated election.
Unless those lawsuits are brought by the lawyers for team Trump and say the plaintiff is the Trump campaign then I really doubt they are nothing more than business as usual.
I've seen some people also say they saw fraud and we're doing for those reasons. Those people were, once again, individuals and may be Republicans, but that doesn't mean Trump or his lawyers had anything to do with the lawsuits.

Give us a link to democrats suing to have ballots thrown out in 2018 and 2016 then.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Cancel culture is getting people fired and doxxing them because you don't like their views. Using the free market to choose a different product is not. Even if the goal is to reduce consumption of the competing product until it goes away.
Cancel culture is aimed usually at an individual or a small group.

Weird Fox news wrote a whole article about how cancel culture was used on Goya Beans and confederate statues. Those aren't people are they?

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/cancel-culture-algorithms-big-tech-orchestrate

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It is common at the local and state level for both Democrats and Republicans to try to get recounts or ballots thrown out in hopes of getting enough votes to sway an isolated election.
People should study the dishonorable tactics used by Obama in 1996 when he challenged opponents' petitions and forced them off the ballot.

If anyone thinks the Democrats today are above such methods to get elected, they are mistaken. This moral high ground they claim, is simply not the case.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
People should study the dishonorable tactics used by Obama in 1996 when he challenged opponents' petitions and forced them off the ballot.

If anyone thinks the Democrats today are above such methods to get elected, they are mistaken. This moral high ground they claim, is simply not the case.
The difference of course being those were legit lawsuits that had evidence... so the courts agreed.

Only a minor difference to the current screaming fraud with no evidence whatsoever and taking 30+ loses in the courts.

A better comparison would be fighting to keep Kanye off ballots cause he had fake signatures. That also happened.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The difference of course being those were legit lawsuits that had evidence... so the courts agreed.

Only a minor difference to the current screaming fraud with no evidence whatsoever and taking 30+ loses in the courts.

A better comparison would be fighting to keep Kanye off ballots cause he had fake signatures. That also happened.
What evidence?

Again, can you please point to a law or something in the constitution that the Trump lawsuits are not legal?

If you can't then why are you wanting to deny him his constitutional rights?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
What evidence?

Again, can you please point to a law or something in the constitution that the Trump lawsuits are not legal?

Where am I saying he cannot sue?

The evidence for those cases about signatures went through the courts. So I have no burden to show evidence. The court did that already.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Cancel culture is getting people fired and doxxing them because you don't like their views. Using the free market to choose a different product is not. Even if the goal is to reduce consumption of the competing product until it goes away.
Cancel culture is aimed usually at an individual or a small group.

I think you mean when people on the right use the free market is it not but when people on the left do it then it is cancel culture:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...urrendered-to-nasty-censorious-cancel-culture

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Where am I saying he cannot sue?

The evidence for those cases about signatures went through the courts. So I have no burden to show evidence. The court did that already.
He had no evidence UNTIL AFTER he filed objections. He simply on the last day filed objections to the legitimacy of the nominating petitions for each of his opponents. Interesting he did it late so that no one challenged his nominating petitions.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
He had no evidence UNTIL AFTER he filed objections. He simply on the last day filed objections to the legitimacy of the nominating petitions for each of his opponents. Interesting he did it late so that no one challenged his nominating petitions.
Oh man, effectively enforcing election rules. With that level of competence. He probably went on to win a lot of elections afterwards.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Oh man, effectively enforcing election rules. With that level of competence. He probably went on to win a lot of elections afterwards.
Again, you claimed he had evidence. He had no evidence when he filed objections.

What Obama did was legal, just as what Trump is doing is legal. So, why the double standard?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Again, you claimed he had evidence. He had no evidence when he filed objections.

What Obama did was legal, just as what Trump is doing is legal. So, why the double standard?
What double standard? Trump can sue to his heart's content. He has done it his whole life.

Not conceding after a loss and trying to disenfranchise voters are what most are complaining about.

Oh and lying about evidence too. He is free to lose 30+ lawsuits for all I care.

This guy has him covered! WINNING!

1606328667949.png

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
What evidence?

Pennsylvania judge halts election certification amid mail-in vote fight | Fox News

Pennsylvania judge halts election certification amid mail-in vote fight

A Pennsylvania state court issued an injunction Wednesday blocking any potential further certification of election results in the state, pending a hearing to be held Friday.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
This only affects down ballot elections. The presidential results have already be certified.

View attachment 87344
While the presidential election results in Pennsylvania have already been certified, the Trump campaign is still actively fighting them, hoping for decertification as they appeal the dismissal of a case they brought alleging that voters were improperly granted the ability to cure invalid absentee votes, and in which they alleged that more than 680,000 ballots were counted without proper observation.

from the article

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
John Kerry as climate czar.

This should be a joke, sadly though it’s real.

Six houses, 12 cars, 2 yachts, and a private jet.

And he’s going to tell you to take the bus to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.