VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
So ya think Trump going for a 2nd term at 74 is worse than a 78 year old first term president? Trump will be the same age as Biden when he is DONE with his time in office. You think Biden will run for a 2nd term? He'll be 82 at the start of that term BTW.
Trump seems like a “young” 74 based on his vigor & energy while Biden seems like a normal 78 y/o physically but with the cognitive issues you could probably say he’s an “old” 78 mentally.

Mar 11, 2006
Trump seems like a “young” 74 based on his vigor & energy while Biden seems like a normal 78 y/o physically but with the cognitive issues you could probably say he’s an “old” 78 mentally.
Honestly, I don’t feel that Biden has as much of a cognitive decline as some say. He has always been one to spout wild statements that don’t seem to make sense. Watch a clip of Biden questioning Clarence Thomas at the hearings for Thomas to be confirmed as a Supreme Court justice. He was making statements that made zero sense back then. Even Thomas was quoted as saying he had no idea what Biden was referring to during parts of his questioning.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Pelosi
So ya think Trump going for a 2nd term at 74 is worse than a 78 year old first term president? Trump will be the same age as Biden when he is DONE with his time in office. You think Biden will run for a 2nd term? He'll be 82 at the start of that term BTW.
Pelosi is warming up the 25th Amendment to make sure there won’t be an 80 year old in office.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Has half the nation really voted? I don’t think that is accurate, is it?
I didn't mean it literally. But early voting is way above norms for obvious reasons.

Personally, I voted two weeks ago and I think for a lot of us that's going to be one way the world is different now. I had time, went to the courthouse and after 5 minutes that was that. Normally voting goes quick for me but instead of a 20 minute process where I'm stuck in a line, there were two people in front of me and the biggest hold up was us having to fill out the absentee paperwork. For the urban people who wait all afternoon on election day, man I know they don't get my experience, but say 1 hr on their own time versus 4 hours when they are taking unpaid time off. Early voting will be the thing going forward

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
With less than two weeks until Election Day, more than 50 million people have already voted, and elections experts predict historic rates of turnout this cycle.

More than 257 million people in the U.S. are 18 or older, and nearly 240 million citizens are eligible to vote this year, according to Michael McDonald, a professor at the University of Florida who runs the U.S. Elections Project. Eligible voters include people living overseas but not non-citizens or people convicted of a felony, depending on state law.

It's possible that 85 million people could vote before Nov. 3, with 150 million voting in total, according to McDonald. That would mean an eligible voter turnout rate of more than 62%.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6006793002

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I didn't mean it literally. But early voting is way above norms for obvious reasons.

Personally, I voted two weeks ago and I think for a lot of us that's going to be one way the world is different now. I had time, went to the courthouse and after 5 minutes that was that. Normally voting goes quick for me but instead of a 20 minute process where I'm stuck in a line, there were two people in front of me and the biggest hold up was us having to fill out the absentee paperwork. For the urban people who wait all afternoon on election day, man I know they don't get my experience, but say 1 hr on their own time versus 4 hours when they are taking unpaid time off. Early voting will be the thing going forward
No I understand but I plan to vote as normal as do most Americans. My process is always pretty smooth. Longest I have ever waited was maybe 10 minutes. Typically I walk up to the table and they ask me my party and give me my ballot. Been that way for 30 plus years. Anyway, have a great day!!!