VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Great job managing a pandemic Democrats. You were right on top of it.

While Pelosi and others were running around telling everyone to ignore Trump and go shopping, all of you were forcing people with COVID into the very facilities of the most vulnerable.

Yep, right on top of it.

And some of you think these people did a great job and we should turn to country over to these idiots!

1603486205101.png

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Yeah it sad. The age and the amount of terms these people get. I feel 2 terms as a senator , should be the max. 3 terms in the house. There are so many of them on both sides.
For sure, just retire you dinosaurs!

Looking at you Dianne Feinstein.

Not like either party would risk the seat if they replaced them with someone else.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So ya think Trump going for a 2nd term at 74 is worse than a 78 year old first term president? Trump will be the same age as Biden when he is DONE with his time in office. You think Biden will run for a 2nd term? He'll be 82 at the start of that term BTW.
Re-read what I wrote please.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So it was Right Wing extremist who were firing guns at the Police HQ and looting and burning it down during the protest trying to incite more violence....per Federal LEO

Those boogie boys are as anarchist as antifa. They just want chaos. Doubt you could truly call them right wing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I don't think you quite understand the use of his name in this context. I stated a fact that only Jesus was perfect and he stated a fact that Jesus was crucified even though he was perfect. Pretty much the truth pretty much fact.

I don’t think you quite understand the use of the word “vain” here. It is pointless and fruitless.

I completely understand the theology behind your statement. I just don’t think it has any real bearing in a political discussion. I have no problem at all with religion or Jesus. I just don’t find it relevant.

It was pretty clear I was referencing how I wish we had a decent candidate to choose from, not making an argument for the holiness of man. Although it does seem some think they are “holier than thou.”

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/business/status/1319686548451885056

This stuff annoys me. At least he didn't threaten jobs or to punish people. But keep peoples votes out of your company business.
I'm tied off every consonant and so I use constantly reminding me to vote with no way to turn off their notices.

Edit:. That was bad.
I'm tired of every company and app I use.......

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
my goodness i can not wait to vote against him this time. I made the mistake of voting for him last time.
He is not going to lose.

What I can’t wait is to see the end of the Infofe ads and the Broyles ads. Both of them seem to only make negative TV ads targeting the other. I understand why Broyles does it. But why does Inhofe? Her name recognition is low and near non-existent on the east side of the state. I think his negative ads just help her.

However, he will still win in a landslide. He is old, but 1) very well known; 2) extremely consistent with his conservative voting record.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
All it's going to take is for voters in Michigan Pennsylvania and other swing states that are populated with hunters to actually pay attention to biden's gun policies on his website and he'll lose some voters there I would assume. He literally wants to ban online sales for all guns, all ammo, gun pieces, and gun accessories. Add to that the long list of other things on his page talking about gun safety and I don't see how anybody that enjoys hunting or even shooting a gun for sport can vote Biden.

I think banning online sales would be welcome to local store owners. With Big Box stores opting out of the firearms game, and if Biden stops online sales. Local Stores will flourish. I promise I would rather go down to the local gun shop and get my stuff instead of trying to buy it on Amazon, Academy, or Bass Pro website and then have some Amazon or UPS driver throw it around in their truck trying to get it to me
Except when it comes to guns, you have to have a local dealer receive the gun and transfer to you. They don't go to your door. And local stores aren't gonna have everything for every gun and/or person.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Maybe that's why they are former secretaries. Interesting they aren't named but remain anonymous. Seems to be a thing with the Biden campaign. Maybe they learned that part about transparency from Obama?
They are named. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/22/six-former-secretaries-of-commerce-secretaries-endorse-joe-biden.html?__source=twitter|main

1 served under GWB
2 served under Obama
3 served under Clinton

The signatories of the letter are Carlos Gutierrez, who served under President George W. Bush; Penny Pritzker and Gary Locke, who served under President Barack Obama; and Bill Daley, Norm Mineta and Mickey Kantor, all of whom served under President Bill Clinton
Pritzker..... Seems like I've heard that name before.... Recently....

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I would think this should be the #1 priority for POTUS in the last few months. Especially with it being such a HUGE election year topic

Instead he doesn't attend the meetings and then complains about their recommendations and he is the one who put it together

Isn't that what Pence is supposed to be doing?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Blue check Twitter is pretty fun today.

ahh Stupid people. Stupidity knows no political affiliation LOL. As my children were leaving for school this morning one of them said. Hey we became smarter than the avg American when we passed the 8th grade.

This made me think of that...and also makes me very very sad
And all those average ones appear to have blue checks and a platform for that ignorance. Ugh.
Homeschooling man, It's the way to go.