VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
just putting into perspective, we have people in the board who were not alive in the 1970’s and have now ide about the value of the dollar when we were on the gold standard.

In 1970 median income was $8,200 and median house price was $23k.
The gold standard ended in 1971. Biden bought that house in 1974.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
The moment your entire staff does a double face palm. As if hundreds of staffers screamed out in terror and were suddenly silenced, Because the candidate is an idiot

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/1319622827595698181?s=20

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well, then you understand how people on the right feel in California.
I grew up there, I know all about California. I dont feel bad for anyone who refuses to move away from a place they claim to hate.

But the point being that there's no issue with the value of the home biden purchased back in the 70s when compared against his income.

Sep 12, 2008
From Rasmussen

Morning Reader Data Points:

National Daily Black Likely Voter Job Approval For @POTUS
- October 19-23, 2020

Mon 10/19 - 25%
Tue 10/20 - 24%
Wed 10/21 - 31%
Thu 10/22 - 37%
Fri 10/23 - 46%

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, especially when Trump withholds emergency dollars from rural California because he doesn't like how the state votes.
Don't you mean the emergency COVID bill to people in need that Pelosi is holding back on so she can pour money into a rat hole?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Don't you mean the emergency COVID bill to people in need that Pelosi is holding back on so she can pour money into a rat hole?
No, I mean the Emergency funds intended to help citizens that experience natural disasters.

Pelosi and Congress already passed a COVID relief bill. But that is a separate discussion you deflected to.

Seriously, imagine if Biden gets elected and he withheld Tornado disaster relief to Moore because Oklahoma is a red state.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
You are an irony machine.

Let's see if I can explain this on your level.

1. Each time you post to claim that I "can't quit posting," you by definition can't quit posting. It makes me chuckle when I read it. I'm sure you will respond to complain about me responding again. The message board cycle of life, lol.
2. YOU were the one that made the pedantic response to him. I pointed it out. To claim that I am sensitized by his statement because I pointed out your response is well, consistent with your typical level of logic but not real logical for anyone else.
Let me explain it so maybe you can understand it.

YOU
ARE
WRONG.

The left's continued use of factually incorrect comments is a HUGE problem. They continually roll out false statements or statements taken completely out of context in order to push a narrative. Despite your dismissal....that is a problem. To you, it may mean nothing. Fine. Your myopic opinion, despite being completely wrong, has been noted. Your continued replies and passive aggressive insults illustrate quite aptly the left's dogma that if someone holds a different opinion, they are wrong. And that is apparently not a problem with you either. You clearly embody the core tenets of the left in this aspect.

But time to call a spade a spade. (To use an expression from two different civilizations thousands of years ago that the left has also incorrectly disseminated as being racist now) You have a bug up your ass with me and you seem to get some sort of disturbing sense of gratification by disagreeing with me. With you, the topic is irrelevant and you keep replying because you have this overwhelming need to get in the last word. You can say the same about me but see, there is a difference. I made the comment and am simply defending it, and will continue to defend it because I believe it represents part of the problem with the left's PR machine. Your continued attacks exhibit that you are the one that cannot let it go. It bothers you to the core that someone else has a different opinion than you.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Supposed Hunter Biden text Rudy released was on a... wait for it... Russian cellular network. Congrats Trump cult, you've officially been duped again.
And these text messages supposedly happened in 2017. So Hunter was rocking a 2001 BlackBerry in 2017? HAHAHA and using it on a Russian Cellular network

If you didn't realize the screen of that phone is from an original BlackBerry

Sep 12, 2008
Biden Economic plans would kill 4.9 million jobs by 2030 according to study..

An Analysis of Vice President Biden’s Economic Agendafor these variables (Congressional Budget Office 2020), this suggests there will be 4.9 million fewer employed individuals, $2.6 trillion less GDP, and $1.5 trillion less consumption in that year alone. Median household income in 2030 would be $6,500 less.

https://www.hoover.org/sites/defaul.../president_bidens_economic_agenda_hassett.pdf

But hey, at least we won''t have that mean old Orange Man!

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Let me explain it so maybe you can understand it.

YOU
ARE
WRONG.

The left's continued use of factually incorrect comments is a HUGE problem. They continually roll out false statements or statements taken completely out of context in order to push a narrative. Despite your dismissal....that is a problem. To you, it may mean nothing. Fine. Your myopic opinion, despite being completely wrong, has been noted. Your continued replies and passive aggressive insults illustrate quite aptly the left's dogma that if someone holds a different opinion, they are wrong. And that is apparently not a problem with you either. You clearly embody the core tenets of the left in this aspect.

But time to call a spade a spade. (To use an expression from two different civilizations thousands of years ago that the left has also incorrectly disseminated as being racist now) You have a bug up your ass with me and you seem to get some sort of disturbing sense of gratification by disagreeing with me. With you, the topic is irrelevant and you keep replying because you have this overwhelming need to get in the last word. You can say the same about me but see, there is a difference. I made the comment and am simply defending it, and will continue to defend it because I believe it represents part of the problem with the left's PR machine. Your continued attacks exhibit that you are the one that cannot let it go. It bothers you to the core that someone else has a different opinion than you.
Yea, the left lies. But, the left has absolutely nothing on the president at the lying game. Unlike the partisan rattrap this is, I can admit that it is simply modern politics. Lying, even about things that are factually incorrect is a benefit, not a risk because the supporters just don't care. You know, "winning" and all that.

You could have read my response and thought "I stick by what I think and disagree with what he posted" and left it at that. But, you could not. You felt the need to respond and tell me (now scream at me) that I am wrong. I have no problem with the back and forth. You have shown by making it a subject that you do. By complaining about it you are like one of two kids trading punches in the arm and whining as soon as you get hit but delivering your punch anyway. It is easy to make it end. Don't respond. But, responding to complain about me responding I will admit gives me pleasure in repeatedly pointing out to you how blatantly illogical that is. I know you are a logical mind and it drives you nuts that the only way to tell me is to do exactly what you are complaining about. Continue if you want, other spade.

Aug 16, 2012
Since he no longer has that crowning achievement, what crowning achievement in 40 some years can he crow about?
According to some of his TV commercials, MRAPs.

Too bad the reality in regard to procurement and the fact most of those MRAPs are now in middle east junkyards or Taliban hands right now is conveniently not covered in the commercials. Some of the more than 27,000 MRAPs created for $45 billion are sitting in the desert outside Tucson and a handful were sold/given to local law enforcement agencies. Which in the ultimate irony, Biden now want to take away.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Biden Economic plans would kill 4.9 million jobs by 2030 according to study..

An Analysis of Vice President Biden’s Economic Agendafor these variables (Congressional Budget Office 2020), this suggests there will be 4.9 million fewer employed individuals, $2.6 trillion less GDP, and $1.5 trillion less consumption in that year alone. Median household income in 2030 would be $6,500 less.

https://www.hoover.org/sites/defaul.../president_bidens_economic_agenda_hassett.pdf

But hey, at least we won''t have that mean old Orange Man!
Just like almost anything you want to research, there are always opposing views and predictions...you can find arguments/studies/etc for whichever side of the fence you want to stand.

...18.6 million jobs would be created during Biden's first term, and lift the average American's household after-tax income by $4,800. That's 7 million more jobs compared to a scenario where Trump is reelected and Republicans hold onto the Senate. Household incomes largely stay the same should the GOP control both the legislative and executive branches.

Joe Biden's plan would create 7 million more jobs than Trump, according to one economic forecast