Eff the ncaa

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 14, 2011
Submitted without additional comment.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...er-portal-windows-changes-infractions-process

"...the transformation committee is also working to modernize the NCAA's lengthy infractions process. Leaders throughout college athletics have lamented what has traditionally been a painfully slow process that often punishes programs and coaches long after the offenders have moved on.

According to the NCAA, the proposed changes would "promote time-efficient outcomes," use a more modernized set of principles and rules, and hold accountable "those who are directly involved in the rule-breaking while minimizing impact on student-athletes who were not involved." Some of the changes to the process would include "incentivizing cooperation of all parties, additional investigative tools and more flexibility within confidentiality rules."

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Some of the changes to the process would include "incentivizing cooperation of all parties, additional investigative tools and more flexibility within confidentiality rules."
They had no choice on this. After they screwed us over, no team was ever going to cooperate with them ever again. I still wouldn't but we better prepare ourselves for other teams who cooperate on the level we did to now get a slap on the wrist because of it. Yep Eff the NCAA is an appropriate title.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
At least they'll confirm it faster, it seems.
Part of the problem has always been their lack of subpoena power, though. It's all great to say they want quicker resolutions, but I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt we'd have any resolutions on the Nike/Adidas BB money if it hadn't become a federal case.

Btw, the first NIL investigation is underway with Miami and their megabooster. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Part of the problem has always been their lack of subpoena power, though. It's all great to say they want quicker resolutions, but I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt we'd have any resolutions on the Nike/Adidas BB money if it hadn't become a federal case.

Btw, the first NIL investigation is underway with Miami and their megabooster. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.
Oh good, that's means more probation for us.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

I don't know how they will control that Miami deal. They have over $400,000,000 just sitting around to be used on one campus and that doesn't include medical royalties from them research medical school. Dabo must really have something coming at Clemson to have resisted that Siren Song.