East Lake Cup - Golf

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Watching the men’s and women’s teams on Golf Channel. Anybody know what is up with Bo Jin, he hasn’t been in the lineup lately.

Also, the women’s program has gotten immensely better under Robertson. Too bad Maia Stark turned pro this summer or they would be incredibly good.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just thought I'd throw this in here.

https://twitter.com/OSUcowgirlgolf/status/1452434742901678086?t=dRiH62nllbVnWCH6hJnK4Q&s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OkState1974

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
Women defeat Arizona 3-2 to move into the finals. Likely against Duke

Men defeat Arizona State 3-1-1 to move into the finals, Likely against uo. :vomit:

OkState1974

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
And I'll ask again. Bo Jin is one of our best golfers. Why hasn't he played like the last three events??? Anyone have any insight??

PrincetonPoke23

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2011
Marin County, CA
Eugenio Chacarra just had one of the biggest poke chokes I've ever seen, and will likely be the reason we lose to OU in this tournament. Absolute piss poor finish - Was up the entire back 9 and then misses a literal 2 footer on 18 to go into a playoff. Loses on the first playoff hole. Atrocious.

Osuatty

Greenhorn
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
Wow Princeton! A bit harsh. How about all of the great golf Chacarra player though the first 16 today to get that two stroke lead, and throughout the tourney? He has been great both this fall and last year, and he is responsible in this match for exactly one team point. So, to put the entire team loss on him is a bit short-sighted and maybe fueled by Sooner hatred (which I get, by the way) as opposed to bashing Chacarra..

Feb 7, 2007
I’ve played golf my entire life and putting has always been my strong suit winning league low putts several times (currently 2.5 hcp, but I’ve played scratch before). This season I tried that exact Spider putter with the same slant neck that Chacarra is playing with and it was frustrating to say the least. I spent many hours on the practice green with that thing and it seems like it should be a great putter...but I experienced many putts like Chacarra had down the stretch and the misses would be just like that (long putts on line that come up short and short putts would be easy to push right). More often than not, I’d agree that it’s usually the Indian and not the arrow but I thought that putter was ultimately very difficult to get a consistent feel with. I know now when I see someone using that exact putter that their putting will be inconsistent (see Rory Mcilroy, Daniel Berger and now Chacarra). Chacarra should switch back to whatever his gamer was before this putter. I went back to my Scotty and so glad I did!

BadBob

Greenhorn
Oct 19, 2010
OSU golf needs to get back to recruiting more players from Oklahoma
and Texas. That has always been the backbone of our great program.
Ou is outplaying our current program. They list 8 players out of 13 on
their squad from Oklahoma and Texas.

Jun 20, 2013
OSU golf needs to get back to recruiting more players from Oklahoma
and Texas. That has always been the backbone of our great program.
Ou is outplaying our current program. They list 8 players out of 13 on
their squad from Oklahoma and Texas.
I think we have a great group of players right now, and recently our team has had success with cali and international guys (fowler, wolff, hovland, noren and many more). That being said, there is no doubt that some of the best golfers currently and historically on the PGA tour have come from Texas (Spieth, Scheffler, Zalatoris, Ryan Palmer) We absolutely need to recruit our backyard, and undoubtedly TX, CA, and Fl are the most talent right states.

What is interesting is that we have the brand and the history to recruit anyone from anywhere. With AJGA continuing to grow, and the game of golf truly becoming international, it is becoming harder and harder to find the best players in the world, not just in your neck of the woods. The cowgirls have a truly international team, and they have no problem with success.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but it sucks to see that team have success, and twists the knife a little that they did it with kids from our back yard that presumably will stick around in years to come, similar to our golf alumni.