Durham probe destroys the Goebbels-esk lie of Dems all things "Russia"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
While obviously not exactly the same, it was certainly being played up like they had massive evidence that just simply wasn’t ready for release.
Either that was a lie or the powers that be decided the fallout would be too great. Either way, it really looks like a big nothingburger built up for political reasons not truthseeking.
Neither side is trustable at this point. Both are gonna lie for their own benefit. In a way, these lies that seemed probably real are worse than the outlandish crap that only the true believers grab on to.
I have to say, Schiff didn't do himself, or his cause, any favors by kicking this proceeding off with the fictitious conversation between Trump and the Russians. I clicked on, early in that diatribe and I was really buying in. I mean I was all ready to join the lynch mob and go after Trump. Then I clued I he made the whole thing up, I can be a little slow sometimes, and it really soured me on the accusations right out of the gate.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I have to say, Schiff didn't do himself, or his cause, any favors by kicking this proceeding off with the fictitious conversation between Trump and the Russians. I clicked on, early in that diatribe and I was really buying in. I mean I was all ready to join the lynch mob and go after Trump. Then I clued I he made the whole thing up, I can be a little slow sometimes, and it really soured me on the accusations right out of the gate.
If anything, it strengthened Trump.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
While obviously not exactly the same, it was certainly being played up like they had massive evidence that just simply wasn’t ready for release.
Either that was a lie or the powers that be decided the fallout would be too great. Either way, it really looks like a big nothingburger built up for political reasons not truthseeking.
Neither side is trustable at this point. Both are gonna lie for their own benefit. In a way, these lies that seemed probably real are worse than the outlandish crap that only the true believers grab on to.
I hear what you’re saying, and I appreciate the nuance. I agree neither side is trustable. This is a major frustration as someone who no longer affiliates with either party. My perception is there was a bit of both lies by Democrats for political gain and a president being perceived as ‘too big to fail.’ Neither side was interested in justice. Very few were focused on the preservation of our democracy.

I never thought Trump would serve any time in jail. I didn’t think he’d be removed from office. The most I figured would happen was impeachment and possible disqualification from future candidacy (either explicitly or through lack of support by voters and/or the GOP).

But, in the end, does it mean he did nothing unethical or potentially illegal with the Russians, in regards to Ukraine, or related to Jan 6? Does believing he might have equate to anything close to Qanon level hysteria?

Last edited:

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I never thought Trump would serve any time in jail. I didn’t think he’d be removed from office.
I've become a little fixated on this lately. Not just about Trump, but in general. Maybe it's from watching stuff like "The Dropout" (which was great BTW) It appears people in our society can hit a level of wealth where the rules rarely apply to them. Every once in a while a super rich person is held accountable because the cameras got pointed at the situation, but it is possible to be above accountability.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It's a crime to lie to congress, if I'm not mistaken you don't even have to be under oath. So why hasn't Schiff been prosecuted for the many lies he told?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Wouldn't it be nice if Democrats actually cared about the law and went after the people who lied and pushed this onto the American people as they did going after Trump who was the victim of these lies. Truth is the Democrat leadership isn't serious about the truth, they are serious about gaining power by any means necessary. Makes you wonder what their motive really is.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It's a crime to lie to congress, if I'm not mistaken you don't even have to be under oath. So why hasn't Schiff been prosecuted for the many lies he told?
You want to open that can of worms? We’d fill a whole prison with politicians from both parties.
Wouldn't it be nice if those in power actually cared about the law and went after the people who lied and pushed (their false agenda) onto the American people…
FIFY. It’s funny when folks pretend one side is innocent

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
That would be quite a can of worms.

Just saw the post above. I'll let my post ride.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
You want to open that can of worms? We’d fill a whole prison with politicians from both parties.
That's a problem, why?

FIFY. It’s funny when folks pretend one side is innocent
Isn't that exactly what many people, probably yourself, did and continue to do with the Trump/Russia hoax?

Have you called for those that pushed the hoax and broke laws to be prosecuted as those very people wanted to do to Trump?

Do you not support a congressional investigation with as much zeal as those very people who "cared" when investigating Trump/Russia to learn later that is was under false pretenses, lies, and collusion between the Clinton campaign, the DNC, and the FBI? As I recall you supported the original investigation, why not now?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021
Stillwater
After multiple years and tens of millions of dollars spent on an investigation - both by the government and by the press….plus using even a small amount commons sense and not being beholden to news only from the fringe …

is it fair to say that people that still believe in Russian Collusion are roughly equally to QANon believers?
Everyone knew the Trump/Russia stuff was BS. I think it was a dirty Hillary campaign tactic that grew into its own monster.
The problem for Trump was that no one cared, least of all his own party.
Maybe it was payback for the Clinton impeachment, which was BS too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2009
All 13 US intelligence organizations agreed that Russia pulled out all the stops to help get rump elected in 2016. None of them have changed their opinions. Trump is partnered with Russia. Russia state TV said it 10 days ago. Saw that on Fox News.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
All 13 US intelligence organizations agreed that Russia pulled out all the stops to help get rump elected in 2016. None of them have changed their opinions. Trump is partnered with Russia. Russia state TV said it 10 days ago. Saw that on Fox News.
Let me guess, the spokespeople for all these organizations are the same people who said that the Hunter Biden laptop story was also nothing but Russian disinformation.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
But you're ok with the FBI in collusion with a political party here to frame another political campaign?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Everyone knew the Trump/Russia stuff was BS. I think it was a dirty Hillary campaign tactic that grew into its own monster.
The problem for Trump was that no one cared, least of all his own party.
Maybe it was payback for the Clinton impeachment, which was BS too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that why he received the second most votes for US President in US history?

And if you argue because it's a larger population, it's the third highest vote count as a percentage of our population in 2 decades!

But you're right, no one card......

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I see the Russin botts are still hard at work on the board.
What's interesting are those who think foreign interference in elections is something new. The US alone has been doing it to other countries for many decades... We even use your tax dollars to do it. Do you think we are the Lone Ranger on this?

Does anyone really think the Hunter Biden issue are Russian bots lying to us? Or was it in reality much of the US media. Actually, many of you were led to believe the lie about Russia by who?

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
What's interesting are those who think foreign interference in elections is something new. The US alone has been doing it to other countries for many decades... We even use your tax dollars to do it. Do you think we are the Lone Ranger on this?

Does anyone really think the Hunter Biden issue are Russian bots lying to us? Or was it in reality much of the US media. Actually, many of you were led to believe the lie about Russia by who?
1. Who said it was new?
2. Do you now invite foreign interference in American elections?
3. Whataboutism.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
What got Trump elected is the Democrats picked a horrible candidate to go against him. It's the same thing that got Biden elected. I cringe at the potential cripple fight we have coming in 2 years.

Sep 3, 2010
What got Trump elected is the Democrats picked a horrible candidate to go against him. It's the same thing that got Biden elected. I cringe at the potential cripple fight we have coming in 2 years.
I fully expect it to be business as usual. Once again we will have the opportunity to pick the tallest midget.