Dunn is in over his head

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

BadBob

Greenhorn
Oct 19, 2010
Not a very impressive debut by our new O-Coordinator. Maybe Gundy knew what he was doing not promoting
him to this position earlier

Oct 30, 2007
Playcalling looked good on the first drive, but it fell apart after Sanders went down. I want to see how Coach Dunn does calling plays for a few games with Sanders or Illingsworth under center before casting judgement.

Feb 18, 2009
Not sure about play calling but play design is not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because our “system” sucks. Not even a shell of what we did to grow as a program. I was calling our plays as we lined up. I’m a nobody getting paid zero and I could call a defense that would damn near put h a shutout against us.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Oh the football geniuses that some of y’all apparently are! We lost our star QB on the first drive. in subsequent series, we lost three starters on the offensive line. Our QB2 has never taken a snap in D1 football, and didn’t get the benefit of a Spring practice. We had to move our All Big 12 LT to RT to stop the bleeding because a redshirt Freshman was getting schooled by a Sr edge rusher. Then we put in our QB3, who hadn’t practiced in two weeks. Gundy said they almost didn’t let him suit up. It was a classic cluster F! The one thing I know for certain, we out coached TU and that’s why we won.

Sep 22, 2011
Not a very impressive debut by our new O-Coordinator. Maybe Gundy knew what he was doing not promoting
him to this position earlier
Today was about jimmies and joes not X’s and O’s, the plays were there, but missed blocks and bullocks poor outing were the issue.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Oh the football geniuses that some of y’all apparently are! We lost our star QB on the first drive. in subsequent series, we lost three starters on the offensive line. Our QB2 has never taken a snap in D1 football, and didn’t get the benefit of a Spring practice. We had to move our All Big 12 LT to RT to stop the bleeding because a redshirt Freshman was getting schooled by a Sr edge rusher. Then we put in our QB3, who hadn’t practiced in two weeks. Gundy said they almost didn’t let him suit up. It was a classic cluster F! The one thing I know for certain, we out coached TU and that’s why we won.
Yeah....we didn't out coach anyone!!! I agree with everything else. When your opponent self implodes and has 15 penalties for 120 yds, that's not necessarily running circles against your opponent, much less out coaching them. TU simply wet the bed, especially on offense. Honestly, you make the argument TU lost this game more than OSU won it. The title on the okstate.com website describes what happened today....."No. 11 Oklahoma State survives against Tulsa, 16-7".....I would say we survived "barely"!! Onto Big XII play!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Definitely not gonna judge Dunn on his first game, especially considering the limitations that the pandemic have forced on the offense. In general, we should all expect defenses to be ahead of offenses early in the season (at all levels) with less prep time. It's just the nature of the game.

That said, I was surprised at how much we ran in the first half, and I was hoping to see *some* kind of innovation or evolution to our offense, but I saw nary a wrinkle. Maybe it's the lack of prep, maybe it's Gundy micromanaging, and maybe it's just Dunn is actually in over his head. Who knows?

What I do know is that it's way too early to judge anything from a single data point given the extraordinary circumstances we're all facing. If we're still running into stacked boxes with slow-developing run plays to the short side of the field with backup O-linemen in the next 2-3 games, then I'll start really worrying. But let's give it more time.

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah....we didn't out coach anyone!!! I agree with everything else. When your opponent self implodes and has 15 penalties for 120 yds, that's not necessarily running circles against your opponent, much less out coaching them. TU simply wet the bed, especially on offense. Honestly, you make the argument TU lost this game more than OSU won it. The title on the okstate.com website describes what happened today....."No. 11 Oklahoma State survives against Tulsa, 16-7".....I would say we survived "barely"!! Onto Big XII play!
One of the ugliest football games I've ever watched.

Feb 18, 2009
If we're still running into stacked boxes with slow-developing run plays to the short side of the field with backup O-linemen in the next 2-3 games, then I'll start really worrying. But let's give it more time.
5 years of that and three separate OC’s isn’t enough to already concerned?:D

Feb 18, 2009
Posted yesterday but your breakdown reminded me again, truly mind boggling the stuff we deal with as a program.

Could have lost, probably should have lost and didn’t. That’s also pretty amazing for what our history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory looks like.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
If we're still running into stacked boxes with slow-developing run plays to the short side of the field with backup O-linemen in the next 2-3 games, then I'll start really worrying. But let's give it more time.
5 years of that and three separate OC’s isn’t enough to already concerned?:D
5 winning years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk