Dumb stuff Beto says

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
If you don’t have one at all buy an Anderson mfg or a palmetto state armory. Some people knock them as cheap but Eugene Stoner’s original design is so robust that even “lesser” models are incredibly reliable.

I’d recommend buying a complete upper separately from a complete lower. It spreads the cost out of the rifle out, and you can make it look basically however you want.
I'm looking at adding a PSA "AR-10" to my collection. Mainly for recreation, but my buddy occasionally looks for people to help him clear hogs from his land.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
If you don’t have one at all buy an Anderson mfg or a palmetto state armory. Some people knock them as cheap but Eugene Stoner’s original design is so robust that even “lesser” models are incredibly reliable.

I’d recommend buying a complete upper separately from a complete lower. It spreads the cost out of the rifle out, and you can make it look basically however you want.
I'm looking at adding a PSA "AR-10" to my collection. Mainly for recreation, but my buddy occasionally looks for people to help him clear hogs from his land.
Do people still buy Mini-14s?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Do people still but Mini-14s?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I would love to have a mini 14. Funny they never get lumped into this AR15 conversation even though they do pretty much the same thing. I guessing if most people who know nothing about guns saw the standard mini 14 they'd just think "hunting rifle" but if they saw a tricked out mini 14 they try to call it an "AK47."

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
The one thing I appreciate about Beto is that he laid bare the Dems/Lefts intentions on gun control: confiscation.

No more can they say "No one is coming for your guns."

The NRA should poster Beto everywhere.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Thomas Jefferson: “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” — Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” — Jefferson`s “Commonplace Book,” 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Alexander Hamilton: “f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their rights and those of their fellow citizens.” — The Federalist, No. 29

Richard Henry Lee: "A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves . . . and include all men capable of bearing arms. . . To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms… The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle.” — Additional Letters From The Federal Farmer, 1788

Tench Coxe: Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American . . . . The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” — The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Sam Adams: The said Constitution [shall] be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” — Massachusetts` U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Didn't hear the whole quote but heard Beto say something to the effect that there isn't any money being spent to push gun control ideas. Seriously? Now that's dumb.