Duck Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
It's duck season again! This thread has been to empty! Headed out to Tishomingo tomorrow for opening day Saturday! Can't wait! Need it so much. Sitting in a blind, waiting for the sun to come up. Maybe a few teal come in early, then the gadwalls, who knows after that. Such a beautiful sunrise on a cold morning in November. Spent with best friends, sitting in the blind with other old men, talking about our past and present. Doesn't get any better.
image.jpeg

Jan 14, 2006
It's duck season again! This thread has been to empty! Headed out to Tishomingo tomorrow for opening day Saturday! Can't wait! Need it so much. Sitting in a blind, waiting for the sun to come up. Maybe a few teal come in early, then the gadwalls, who knows after that. Such a beautiful sunrise on a cold morning in November. Spent with best friends, sitting in the blind with other old men, talking about our past and present. Doesn't get any better. View attachment 92981
Good luck, I'll be sitting in a deer blind praying duck hunters don't show up!

There's a small lake about a quarter mile from me. Only happened once but it was game over for three days. Those boys had a good morning though. At least it sounded like it.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
It's duck season again! This thread has been to empty! Headed out to Tishomingo tomorrow for opening day Saturday! Can't wait! Need it so much. Sitting in a blind, waiting for the sun to come up. Maybe a few teal come in early, then the gadwalls, who knows after that. Such a beautiful sunrise on a cold morning in November. Spent with best friends, sitting in the blind with other old men, talking about our past and present. Doesn't get any better. View attachment 92981
Good luck! I'm driving west tomorrow to open the quail season in the panhandle and roosters on the Kansas side.

Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
Good opening weekend. Not great, but good. No wind on the decoys the first day, too much on the second.
Well, what I love about duck hunting in southern Oklahoma is the variety you may encounter. We got Gadwall, Widgeon, Mallard, Teal, Ringneck, and a Canada goose.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Opending day! Got gadwalls, redheads, ringnecks and one goose! View attachment 98099
He was already dead, and we Silvers use every part of the goose. The meat has a delicious smoky rich flavor. Plus, you can use the molten goose grease and save it in the refrigerator, thus saving you a trip to the store for a can of expensive goose grease.