Driving from Dallas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I haven’t lived in N DFW long, so we always take I-35 up to Stillwater. Google Maps just suggested we take 377 up to 177 all the way to Stillwater. Not sure what 177 is like south of town on game days. Curious if it’s better or worse than 35/51.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I haven’t lived in N DFW long, so we always take I-35 up to Stillwater. Google Maps just suggested we take 377 up to 177 all the way to Stillwater. Not sure what 177 is like south of town on game days. Curious if it’s better or worse than 35/51.
We've used both routes. One half dozen or the other I think most time. But it does keep you out of i35 issues and that sh!thole UT North campus area.

kadune

What's a fish?
A/V Subscriber
Oct 4, 2008
Indiana
I still live in Ardmore and take 177 frequently. Just watch out for the town of Asher and Dickson. Their cops will nail you for speeding.
Back when I worked for OSU, there were times I preferred 177 to 35. The very first time I drove one of a university vehicle (a black Impala), I was afraid I was going to get a speeding ticket because I didn't slow down fast enough. The town I was driving through had the declining speed limit signs from 65 to 35 or 25, but it was all downhill, so I hadn't quite hit the lower limit when I reached the sign - there was a cop facing the road, and then another in the parking lot that pulled out behind me. Thankfully, there was a semi behind me, so the cop nabbed someone coming the other way instead of me.

Needless to say, on every subsequent trip, I slowed down well before the sign.