Draft Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 19, 2012
Draft night is coming. Rumor has it that we offered Shai and the 16th for the 1 pick to the Pistons, so we could have Cade. It will be interesting to see if the Thunder can make any moves and who we get. I do think it's a deep class.

Oct 30, 2007
After having a chance to sleep on it, I still can't wrap my head around the Thunder's draft.

I like Giddey. He projects to be a 6'-8" point guard with great vision. He isn't that athletic, but his size should help to offset that. His shot isn't great, but it has potential. He's a good prospect. I just don't understand why they would draft a second PG when they already have SGA. Maybe they plan to move SGA to shooting guard or trade him.

Dealing the 16th pick for future 1st round picks makes sense. I would've preferred packaging 16 & 18 together to move up, but they may have tried to do that and got shot down.

I like Mann as a prospect. He's 6'-5" and shoots 40% from 3. He definitely fills a need. It feels like they really reached for him at 18 though, because he might've still been available in the 2nd round.

They basically gave away one of their early second round picks for very little in return. I don't dislike Robinson-Earl, but I'm not sure that he has a very high ceiling. He looks like a future role player. I would've preferred drafting someone with a higher ceiling like Thor or Brown.

I thought this was one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. I'm disappointed with how it turned out for the Thunder.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
After having a chance to sleep on it, I still can't wrap my head around the Thunder's draft.

I like Giddey. He projects to be a 6'-8" point guard with great vision. He isn't that athletic, but his size should help to offset that. His shot isn't great, but it has potential. He's a good prospect. I just don't understand why they would draft a second PG when they already have SGA. Maybe they plan to move SGA to shooting guard or trade him.

Dealing the 16th pick for future 1st round picks makes sense. I would've preferred packaging 16 & 18 together to move up, but they may have tried to do that and got shot down.

I like Mann as a prospect. He's 6'-5" and shoots 40% from 3. He definitely fills a need. It feels like they really reached for him at 18 though, because he might've still been available in the 2nd round.

They basically gave away one of their early second round picks for very little in return. I don't dislike Robinson-Earl, but I'm not sure that he has a very high ceiling. He looks like a future role player. I would've preferred drafting someone with a higher ceiling like Thor or Brown.

I thought this was one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. I'm disappointed with how it turned out for the Thunder.
Presti has been drafting length. I'm sure a lot of draft boards changed when Jalen Green was selected at 2. It sure would have been nice if Suggs was available at 6.

Oct 30, 2007
Presti has been drafting length. I'm sure a lot of draft boards changed when Jalen Green was selected at 2. It sure would have been nice if Suggs was available at 6.
Giddey & Poku both have excellent size and length for their positions. It will be interesting to see how they develop over the next few years.

Dec 19, 2012

I agree. I thought we had enough picks and didn't need to sling the 16th pick for more future picks with such a deep draft.
We won't be able to play all these future pick bodies in the future, but they are great trade bait.
My best guess is Presti tried to trade up for a generational type pick (top 3) and was only willing to give Shai up for that. That fell through, so he'll play it out with Shai for now. So, he's still trying to get a KD type pick we build completely around.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Giddey is growing on me big-time. Love the way he carries himself and he has amazing passing skills. Like all rookies he'll have to get stronger and work on his shot. He's not near the project POKU is.

Mann, now that guy might be a steal. Dude is a great shooter, and has some of the best handles and mid range in the draft. Pretty good defender despite bad length. His shooting is pretty amazing actually, might have been best in draft.

The other two we'll see.

I think they tried to get the 3 for Mobley, but listening to Presti he really liked Giddey and the word is the Warriors were taking him at #7. If they wanted to be certain to get him they had to do it there. Other teams were targeting him too.