DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Someone previously posted that words have meaning, which includes the collection of words to form a sentence and create a definition. I just wasn’t aware that such definitions are now subject to change based on the political whims of the left.
I have no idea what you did to edit the post, but I did not write that. Perhaps you meant to quote @Jostate since that’s what he posted. On the other hand, it's funny you do that and then post about how words have meaning.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I have no idea what you did to edit the post, but I did not write that. Perhaps you meant to quote @Jostate since that’s what he posted. On the other hand, it's funny you do that and then post about how words have meaning.
You’re exactly right, misquoted the wrong poster. It was intended to be a response to Upstate’s post. My apology. And I agree that’s funny given what I posted.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
We actually have posters bothered about a Dilbert cartoon about “parody” in a parody thread. The cartoon above is even more real (ie parody inversion point). Scott Adams is very clever.
I liked it so much I actually quoted it and put in the other ”parody” thread as well.

Interested in seeing the reaction it gets there.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It really does work both ways to some extent, although the Democrats are more likely to believe the Government could fix it.
Other than long-term political spin, can you show that republicans actually do anything to stop the government from "fixing" problems? IS making law allowing one citizen to sue another about something they think happened "small" government? Is passing laws that limit what teachers can say small government? Is limiting the medical care that doctors can provide to certain individuals through legislation small government? Large tariffs?

All I see are both sides using government for their desires. When Ds have desires, Rs call it "big government." Yet, I point out the big government of Rs here all the time yet nobody seems to notice and this same tired diatribe gets pulled out.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
It really does work both ways to some extent, although the Democrats are more likely to believe the Government could fix it.
Your buddy apparently disagrees with you.

Hyperbole and his personality aside, I certainly don't believe he "alone can fix it", but he sure can initiate action to see that it gets fixed.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
They are equally likely to believe government can fix it. It’s just that R’s will give lip service to limited government to appease their base. So in this case, the D’s are the more honest side of the equation.
I've said for years I have to decide between a party that says what I want to hear, but it's mostly lies, or a party that makes no bones about the desire to do the opposite of what I want. It's not hard to find examples of buying votes or growing government on both sides, but the "Build Back Better" is just one example where the Democrats are more likely to think the government can fix it, as quoted in my surprisingly inflammatory Dilbert.

I will say though I can find examples, like Tom Coburn, where some Republicans consistently tried to slow the growth of government.

"You didn't build that"

--- Barak Obama

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If it really does work both ways, I was wondering why it wasn't put in both....but then I saw who was doing it and knew the answer.
Yeah, make it about the poster, not the post.

I can just see you in court: "Your honor the defendant is clearly guilty because his attorney is such a mope he has defended 6 other dirt bags this year. If it please the court, I'd like to introduce a picture of pigeons to illustrate my point. "

Vakarian74

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 2, 2010
Oklahoma City
I've said for years I have to decide between a party that says what I want to hear, but it's mostly lies, or a party that makes no bones about the desire to do the opposite of what I want. It's not hard to find examples of buying votes or growing government on both sides, but the "Build Back Better" is just one example where the Democrats are more likely to think the government can fix it, as quoted in my surprisingly inflammatory Dilbert.

I will say though I can find examples, like Tom Coburn, where some Republicans consistently tried to slow the growth of government.

"You didn't build that"

--- Barak Obama
You do know that isn’t what he said right?

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't think it's partisan or disingenuous to say Democrats have a little more faith in Government to make things better and Republican's lean more towards corporations.