DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2008
"I have no issue with people who leave their homelands for a better life elsewhere — vaya con Dios, and all that. But that's not what's happening with this new generation of expats. They're emblematic of the type of people I call California quitters: privileged people who want all of the easy and none of the hard and decamp for what they think is the better life at the slightest hint of inconvenience.

That they’re ending up in foreign countries and living large while their new neighbors struggle is terrible yet so apropos for the type."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/column-generation-smug-american-expats-194938803.html

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
"I have no issue with people who leave their homelands for a better life elsewhere — vaya con Dios, and all that. But that's not what's happening with this new generation of expats. They're emblematic of the type of people I call California quitters: privileged people who want all of the easy and none of the hard and decamp for what they think is the better life at the slightest hint of inconvenience.

That they’re ending up in foreign countries and living large while their new neighbors struggle is terrible yet so apropos for the type."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/column-generation-smug-american-expats-194938803.html
Probably Okie descendants

Apr 7, 2006
I don’t have kids, but I can’t imagine younger kids would actually wear masks correctly even if they were told they had to. Maybe you guys with kids can weigh in for me but it just seems like a pointless argument to have.
Mine hate it and it is pointless. My kids (and all others) are just as likely to lick a handrail as they are to wash their hands. We're using children as puppets for our politics and it is sad to see.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Mine hate it and it is pointless. My kids (and all others) are just as likely to lick a handrail as they are to wash their hands. We're using children as puppets for our politics and it is sad to see.
My personal observation is kids views on facemasks reflect their parents. My kid had absolutely no problem wearing one (even at first last year when they were optional and less kids wore them) and it was pretty awesome not having to deal with flu and cold at all last year.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
My personal observation is kids views on facemasks reflect their parents. My kid had absolutely no problem wearing one (even at first last year when they were optional and less kids wore them) and it was pretty awesome not having to deal with flu and cold at all last year.
Yeah. People are arguing to this day that masks never worked but man fall and winter 2020 my kids didn't get sick from anything. They had 3 quarantine events due to close contact but didn't catch it. And no colds, no flu or RSV. Nothing. It was the healthiest winter I've experienced as a parent. Fast forward a year and schools went with the let's pretend COVID doesn't exist plan and my oldest caught everything he could. That sucked

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yeah. People are arguing to this day that masks never worked but man fall and winter 2020 my kids didn't get sick from anything. They had 3 quarantine events due to close contact but didn't catch it. And no colds, no flu or RSV. Nothing. It was the healthiest winter I've experienced as a parent. Fast forward a year and schools went with the let's pretend COVID doesn't exist plan and my oldest caught everything he could. That sucked
So by that logic we can expect your kids to be in masks say, from October through February since the state and schools adhere to the let’s pretend flu and colds don’t exist plan.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Concord
I think it was all of the above. There’s been such an emphasis on hand washing, sanitizing areas after each use, distancing, staying home sick, etcetera. I have thought all along we need to bring back the color coded terrorism warning scale from 20 years ago to let us know when these measures are recommended. Because you’re right, flu & colds were almost nonexistent.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Similar here. I'll extend that to the latest round where my oldest got covid. We masked her as soon as she tested positive and no one else caught it.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Similar here. I'll extend that to the latest round where my oldest got covid. We masked her as soon as she tested positive and no one else caught it.

Dec 9, 2013
Anecdotal but my son flew at least 10 times, March 2020-Spring 2022. Masked, vaxed and boosted. Never caught CoVid. The dumbass flies Summer 2022 unmasked and tests positive 2 days after return flight. We had already booked an Airbnb for him for the week he returned instead of staying w us for the week he was home chiefly for this very reason.

I’ve also posted before how our neurologist who also works stints in ER and has seen hundreds of patients w CoVid has yet to test positive.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
1659187078647.png

When I took the Series 7 test (which has been a few decades ago) it was clearly defined as 2 consecutive negative quarters of GDP.

Let the games begin.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
When I took the Series 7 test (which has been a few decades ago) it was clearly defined as 2 consecutive negative quarters of GDP.

Let the games begin.
Someone previously posted that words have meaning, which includes the collection of words to form a sentence and create a definition. I just wasn’t aware that such definitions are now subject to change based on the political whims of the left.