DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Flipping the same logic back to suicide makes that argument sound even worse. Pushing against the liberal orthodoxy though, I don't think stigmatizing drug abuse is an altogether bad thing.
Drug abuse is slow suicide. Look at the statistics. And stigmatizing doesn't stop anything.

Mar 11, 2006
This would be better served if we had a “media parody” thread, but it is still funny.

https://twitter.com/claytravis/status/1536830633200197635?s=21&t=LHRuKVZKXxP_vbm7YKA9Tw

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I could see this getting ugly if some of these armed militias show up at likely targets to police this stuff. I sure hope not, we're getting close to this whole thing spiraling out of control I fear.
Are you talking armed militias as in police forces or random citizens excercising their newly validated right to carry a firearm in public against a group of rioters threatening their safety on a road?

Nov 6, 2010
Are you talking armed militias as in police forces or random citizens excercising their newly validated right to carry a firearm in public against a group of rioters threatening their safety on a road?
Everyone's trolling today. Have a good weekend all, I'm going to be doing my lake thing and drinking gallons of beer, trolling for sandbass, burning $5 gas in my inefficient outboard while dragging kids around the lake in a tube and getting a world class sunburn on my lily white fat belly. I'm done with this forum until at least Monday. Whatever happens, it won't be evident in central Missouri I hope. Life is good if you let it be my fellow Pokes!

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Heads up, These morons will be out in the streets all weekend tearing stuff up

This was a group founded 2 days after the court leak and they are firebombing crisis pregnancy centers. That's appalling. Crisis pregnancy centers are a good thing. I have one literally two blocks from my house. The stuff I mentioned in the Roe thread-they do things like that. Pregnant women who need help come to them and they try and help-everything from counseling to formula. Heck my kids crib was donated to the one down the street. I don't condone violence in any way but it's beyond repulsive that a group that would otherwise promote random violence is targeting places that are trying to be part of the solution. It would be like a violent anti abortion group deciding attacking abortion clinics wasn't enough, they need to go after random OBGYN's because of reasons.

I hope they are found and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
This was a group founded 2 days after the court leak and they are firebombing crisis pregnancy centers. That's appalling. Crisis pregnancy centers are a good thing. I have one literally two blocks from my house. The stuff I mentioned in the Roe thread-they do things like that. Pregnant women who need help come to them and they try and help-everything from counseling to formula. Heck my kids crib was donated to the one down the street. I don't condone violence in any way but it's beyond repulsive that a group that would otherwise promote random violence is targeting places that are trying to be part of the solution. It would be like a violent anti abortion group deciding attacking abortion clinics wasn't enough, they need to go after random OBGYN's because of reasons.

I hope they are found and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
It’s a group that only allows people to exist so long as they agree with them politically

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
In front of the Supreme Court building, Schumer called out Gorsuch and Kavanaugh by name, saying: “You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Seems now we know what he meant....

I'm guessing all of those voicing their concern for Democracy and more civil debate will demand impeachment charges against Schumer and all the other Democrats who called for violence.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"

Domestic Terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/terrorism

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Unfortunately, the actual data says that concealed-carry permit holders have a lower crime rate than police officers. She looks even worse when you throw in the CDC's numbers that the presence of a gun stops 2.5 million crimes a year.

I'm all for gun control that makes sense, but going after concealed carry permit holders is just asinine and does nothing to solve the problem.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...need-proof-that-gun-control-keeps-anyone-safe

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul declared that she didn’t need any statistics to justify preventing people who qualify from acquiring concealed carry permits. Of course, she says that because she doesn’t have any statistics. In fact, the statistics show the opposite.

Hochul is outraged that the Supreme Court struck down New York’s ability to withhold concealed carry permits from qualified citizens unless they convinced the government they had a “proper cause” for acquiring one. As Justice Clarence Thomas wrote, the right to bear arms isn’t a “second-class right” that can be stripped from people unless they petition the government to exercise it. But Hochul disagrees because she thinks she must keep people safe.

Does she have proof that the law kept people safe? Of course not. When WRGB reported Anne McCloy asked if Hochul had “the numbers to show it’s the concealed carry permit holders that are committing crimes,” Hochul dismissed the question outright. “I don’t need to have numbers,” Hochul said. “I don’t need to have a data point to say this.”