DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Oregon overdose rates soared by 700% after decriminalizing ALL drugs last year: Officials admit millions in funding for treatment centers was held up and few offenders even bothered to use them but insist they will continue the scheme

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ug-treatment-plan-tied-decriminalization.html
Decriminilizing without some kind of compulsory treatment seems like a really bad idea. I'm more socially liberal on drugs, but I've never understood full decriminalization by itself. Now, change it from a crime to something more like suicide treatment and I'm OK with that.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
The swiss and portugese models are what we should be following. Mental health counselors and access to nurses is key to legalization and/or decriminalization's success.

Providing both is still far, far cheaper than incarceration for those who are fiscally conservative.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Sure, why not at this point?

California court rules that bees are a type of fish in order to protect them under the state's endangered-species act

A trio of judges in California said on Tuesday that bees could be legally classified as a type of fish as part of a ruling that gave added conservation protections to the endangered species.

"The issue presented here is whether the bumble bee, a terrestrial invertebrate, falls within the definition of fish," the judges wrote in their ruling. And, they concluded, it does.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1531668008728506368
Sussmann was acquitted of lying, specifically the jury found that he did not bring information to the FBI on behalf of any client (never mind his own records show that he billed and was paid by that client).

What gogetumpoke posted was true.

"The Clinton campaign created the Trump-Alfa allegation, fed it to a credulous press that failed to confirm the allegations but ran with them anyway, then promoted the story as if it was legitimate news. The campaign also delivered the claims to the FBI, giving journalists another excuse to portray the accusations as serious and perhaps true."

That's all true.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
ok lets get some Good Dem Gun Legislation out there..

Gun Tax??? I'm listing.

1000% tax on Semi Auto rifles, $22k AR....

GTFO with that nonsense..talk about creating an unregulated black market for firearms. This would produce Illegal gun runners the likes this country never seen before and they would only be selling them in the suburbs or the rich neighborhoods to rich folks who can afford em and only mark them up 500% over where they are now...stupid stupid idea

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

Gun Tax??? I'm listing.

GTFO with that nonsense..talk about creating an unregulated black market for firearms. This would produce Illegal gun runners the likes this country never seen before and they would only be selling them in the suburbs or the rich neighborhoods to rich folks who can afford em and only mark them up 500% over where they are now...stupid stupid idea

And earmark all the taxes for expanding mental health programming...

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Gun Tax??? I'm listing.

Taxes on gun sales might actually decrease under this plan.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You need to take advantage of said mental health programs if you think that will work. Gun store owners just got an early Christmas present.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I don't know what some of yalls problem is. You're so concerned about Democrats taking your guns when in reality they do more to put guns in peoples hands than anyone else. When's the last time you saw people flocking to gun stores because of proposed Republican legislation?

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Decriminilizing without some kind of compulsory treatment seems like a really bad idea. I'm more socially liberal on drugs, but I've never understood full decriminalization by itself. Now, change it from a crime to something more like suicide treatment and I'm OK with that.
Seems like soaring overdose rates is kind of the problem taking care of itself.