DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
19 special prosecutors, more than 40 FBI agents, and produced three reports. American taxpayers footed the entire bill. Yet the Mueller team didn't know that Hillary Clinton spearheaded this fake narrative being leaked to the media and the FBI.....

Must be be embarrassing for these career criminal investigators..... I guess what I was told many years ago on a tour through the FBI building that they could find a needle in a haystack was just another Washington lie.

If you didn't know it then there is no excuse to not know it now. The Mueller investigation was more about politics than about the truth...
Don't mind this guy. He's just "following orders."

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Sussmann, on Sept. 19, 2016, set up a meeting with then-FBI General Counsel James Baker where he brought two thumb drives of data and white papers alleging the Trump Organization was using a secret back channel to communicate with Kremlin-linked Alfa Bank in the weeks leading up to the presidential election.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-trump-russia-alfa-bank-durham-sussmann-trial

On February 20, 2019, Jussie Smollett was indicted for disorderly conduct for paying the brothers to stage a fake hate crime attack and filing a false police report.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillar...a-bank-11653084709?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s

In short, the Clinton campaign created the Trump-Alfa allegation, fed it to a credulous press that failed to confirm the allegations but ran with them anyway, then promoted the story as if it was legitimate news. The campaign also delivered the claims to the FBI, giving journalists another excuse to portray the accusations as serious and perhaps true.

Most of the press will ignore this news, but the Russia-Trump narrative that Mrs. Clinton sanctioned did enormous harm to the country. It disgraced the FBI, humiliated the press, and sent the country on a three-year investigation to nowhere. Vladimir Putin never came close to doing as much disinformation damage.
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1531668008728506368

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Hearing the jury was comprised of like 4 Hilary donors, an AOC donor, a mother of a child who plays on the defendants kids sports teams and a few other hardcore lefties as per their pre-trial questioning. So this is really not overly surprising considering its DC.
It's weird that Durham couldn't use his peremptory challenges to at least get a hung jury instead of 12 not-guilty votes.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Hearing the jury was comprised of like 4 Hilary donors, an AOC donor, a mother of a child who plays on the defendants kids sports teams and a few other hardcore lefties as per their pre-trial questioning. So this is really not overly surprising considering its DC.
you mean this ? we assume the Jury was corrupt because the 40%ish of the voting population in that area is largely registered Dems?

Former Trump spokesperson turned Fox News host Kayleigh McEnany, meanwhile, continued to blame the jury and its supposed bias for not buying what Durham’s team was selling.
“The D.C. jury pool, this is an area of the country where 76 percent of people in the District of Columbia are registered Democrat,” she declared. “A third of that jury pool had strong feelings about the election and prosecutors were frustrated that they would not get a fair shake here. I think this does raise questions on how fair a shake you will be given in D.C. with a jury pool that does go in one direction.”

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
It's weird that Durham couldn't use his peremptory challenges to at least get a hung jury instead of 12 not-guilty votes.
This struck me as very weird. Don't prosecutors do this all the time, as in challenging these jurors would be a basic thing for any prosecutor? I very well could be misinformed, but this smelled funny.

Nov 6, 2010
Also remember where the burden of proof lies. This was a lawyer they were charging, so I'm pretty sure he would know how to push the envelope with regards to what could be proven as lying and what would remain questionable.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
This struck me as very weird. Don't prosecutors do this all the time, as in challenging these jurors would be a basic thing for any prosecutor? I very well could be misinformed, but this smelled funny.
You have an unlimited number of challenges for cause....that the witness is statutorily barred from serving or has shown themselves to be biased to the point that they cannot fairly hear the case.

Then you have a number of peremptory challenges that you can use for any reason other than prohibited Batson purposes (systematically eliminating jurors on basis of race).

IMO, it's just another example of people being so deep into team politics that a jury decision going against their preconceived notion of what the verdict is leads to such overwhelming cognitive dissonance that the only thing they can blurt out is "fraud" or "jury bias" or "jury scared of rioting if they find not guilty/guilty" as a form of mental/emotional safety blanket.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
You have an unlimited number of challenges for cause....that the witness is statutorily barred from serving or has shown themselves to be biased to the point that they cannot fairly hear the case.

Then you have a number of peremptory challenges that you can use for any reason other than prohibited Batson purposes (systematically eliminating jurors on basis of race).

IMO, it's just another example of people being so deep into team politics that a jury decision going against their preconceived notion of what the verdict is leads to such overwhelming cognitive dissonance that the only thing they can blurt out is "fraud" or "jury bias" or "jury scared of rioting if they find not guilty/guilty" as a form of mental/emotional safety blanket.
This is what I was thinking. ~ 40%-50% of the US population votes anyway. so 1 in 2 people most likely aren't even registered to vote but this Jury was Obviously biased by politics :derp::derp::derp:

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well NY is trying a new approach to the increasing fentanyl addictions. You go girl.

1654135755563.png

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Well NY is trying a new approach to the increasing fentanyl addictions. You go girl.

View attachment 95855
A first cousin of mine died of a fentanyl overdose this weekend. He was 42. His wife died of cancer about 3 years ago and he just kind of spiraled since then. We're pretty sure he got hooked on pain meds from his wife's leftover medicine after she died. It's a extremely sad situation. Fentanyl is so damn dangerous.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
A first cousin of mine died of a fentanyl overdose this weekend. He was 42. His wife died of cancer about 3 years ago and he just kind of spiraled since then. We're pretty sure he got hooked on pain meds from his wife's leftover medicine after she died. It's a extremely sad situation. Fentanyl is so damn dangerous.
Sorry for your loss, that is tough.