DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
The Press Secretary is tough job. But this complete non-answer is not a good look on your first day on the job. She would be much better served by saying “let me circle back to that” at a later time.
https://twitter.com/freebeacon/status/1526291633880412167?s=21&t=vueVlEoPzHxbXa8WY_8I9A
She's from the Kamala Harris school of giving answers that sound like you're doing a book report for a book you never read.

Par for the course for this clown show administration.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
That isn't how this works AOC. If the people want them as their Representative and vote for them as their representative then that is the will of the people via a Democratic election process.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1527373386363842560

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
That isn't how this works AOC. If the people want them as their Representative and vote for them as their representative then that is the will of the people via a Democratic election process.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1527373386363842560
I think she is talking about internal party politics and the Democrats House majority rather than the entire electoral process.

If I was a House Democrat I'd find it a bit iffy if the House Democrats' Campaign Chairman decided to run to replace a sitting House Democrat. Not from a threat to democracy perspective, but from a perspective of whether or not he is protecting the interests of all House Democrats as Campaign Chairman.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I think she is talking about internal party politics and the Democrats House majority rather than the entire electoral process.

If I was a House Democrat I'd find it a bit iffy if the House Democrats' Campaign Chairman decided to run to replace a sitting House Democrat. Not from a threat to democracy perspective, but from a perspective of whether or not he is protecting the interests of all House Democrats as Campaign Chairman.
I would only see that as a viable option for the Campaign Chair to do that but only if the know something the voting public doesn't about the candidate. If they know something about the Candidate the voting public doesn't AND it is something that could put a black eye on the entire party for electing, then I could see the Campaign Chair stepping in to take that person down to avoid that future embarrassment / sandal

However, I dislike AOC basically calling someone out and telling them they can't run just because they are in the same party and it could hurt the majority. That is a clear sign of just in it for the Power move.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
1. I would only see that as a viable option for the Campaign Chair to do that but only if the know something the voting public doesn't about the candidate. If they know something about the Candidate the voting public doesn't AND it is something that could put a black eye on the entire party for electing, then I could see the Campaign Chair stepping in to take that person down to avoid that future embarrassment / sandal

2. However, I dislike AOC basically calling someone out and telling them they can't run just because they are in the same party and it could hurt the majority. That is a clear sign of just in it for the Power move.
1. There is no indication whatsoever that Maloney is running for a different seat that the one he is presently in to avoid embarrassment to the rest of the Democratic House members.

2. That's not what she is doing. She's claiming that there is a conflict of interest for the Democratic House Campaign Chair, who is also a sitting Democrat Representative, to run to replace a different Democrat Representative.

She hasn't said he can't or shouldn't run to replace a fellow Democrat in the house. She's saying that if he does, he should step down as Democratic House Campaign Chair.

“Given the resources that he has at his helm, it creates a conflict of interest, Ocasio-Cortez said at the Capitol, noting that Maloney declined to run in another district where most of his current constituents now live. “If he’s going to enter in a primary and challenge another Democratic member, then he should step aside from his responsibilities at the DCCC.”

Those responsibilities as Campaign Chair including maintaining the majority in the House and getting more Democrats elected to the House. I don't particularly care for AOC myself, too liberal for my tastes. I agree with her on this one though.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
1. There is no indication whatsoever that Maloney is running for a different seat that the one he is presently in to avoid embarrassment to the rest of the Democratic House members.

2. That's not what she is doing. She's claiming that there is a conflict of interest for the Democratic House Campaign Chair, who is also a sitting Democrat Representative, to run to replace a different Democrat Representative.

She hasn't said he can't or shouldn't run to replace a fellow Democrat in the house. She's saying that if he does, he should step down as Democratic House Campaign Chair.

“Given the resources that he has at his helm, it creates a conflict of interest, Ocasio-Cortez said at the Capitol, noting that Maloney declined to run in another district where most of his current constituents now live. “If he’s going to enter in a primary and challenge another Democratic member, then he should step aside from his responsibilities at the DCCC.”

Those responsibilities as Campaign Chair including maintaining the majority in the House and getting more Democrats elected to the House. I don't particularly care for AOC myself, too liberal for my tastes. I agree with her on this one though.
I'm going to reread the whole situation. Maybe I'm not understanding correctly. Thanks for the info !

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Some things are better discussed in more private settings.

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
I disagree with AOC on just about anything. About the only thing I can say she has to offer is she's usually pretty photogenic.

In this case, it's actually kind of refreshing to see a political figure call out their own for perceived conflict of interest or impropriety. I'd like to see more of it. I'm glad she's showing something else good to put on the list. (Still wouldn't vote for her if given the opportunity, but it makes no difference whatsoever since I likely won't!)

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I disagree with AOC on just about anything. About the only thing I can say she has to offer is she's usually pretty photogenic.

In this case, it's actually kind of refreshing to see a political figure call out their own for perceived conflict of interest or impropriety. I'd like to see more of it. I'm glad she's showing something else good to put on the list. (Still wouldn't vote for her if given the opportunity, but it makes no difference whatsoever since I likely won't!)
She’s trump in a skirt

Sep 3, 2010
:mad::mad::mad:
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1527794061788209154?t=xiTZ8Y-0e3jyPWWlyICiJQ&s=19
We spend a lot of time on here talking about how crooked politicians are and it’s hard to argue that any of them are honest. She’s the absolute worst. Probably ever. She also will never suffer one single legal consequence for her actions.

Sep 3, 2010
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillar...a-bank-11653084709?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s

In short, the Clinton campaign created the Trump-Alfa allegation, fed it to a credulous press that failed to confirm the allegations but ran with them anyway, then promoted the story as if it was legitimate news. The campaign also delivered the claims to the FBI, giving journalists another excuse to portray the accusations as serious and perhaps true.

Most of the press will ignore this news, but the Russia-Trump narrative that Mrs. Clinton sanctioned did enormous harm to the country. It disgraced the FBI, humiliated the press, and sent the country on a three-year investigation to nowhere. Vladimir Putin never came close to doing as much disinformation damage.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillar...a-bank-11653084709?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s

In short, the Clinton campaign created the Trump-Alfa allegation, fed it to a credulous press that failed to confirm the allegations but ran with them anyway, then promoted the story as if it was legitimate news. The campaign also delivered the claims to the FBI, giving journalists another excuse to portray the accusations as serious and perhaps true.

Most of the press will ignore this news, but the Russia-Trump narrative that Mrs. Clinton sanctioned did enormous harm to the country. It disgraced the FBI, humiliated the press, and sent the country on a three-year investigation to nowhere. Vladimir Putin never came close to doing as much disinformation damage.
Exactly.

So if the Clinton campaign delivered a fictitious document, they knew was a lie, to the FBI with the intent to push criminal charges on a third party, is that not a crime?

On February 20, 2019, Jussie Smollett was indicted for disorderly conduct for paying the brothers to stage a fake hate crime attack and filing a false police report.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
A Democratic congressional candidate in Washington State is arguing for a $30 per hour minimum wage, claiming that the $15 minimum wage movement is an outdated number.

Parson also claimed in her video that she will emulate “Congresswoman Cori Bush,” a “Squad” member and progressive Democrat who slept outside in Washington, D.C., to advocate for housing. Parson claims she can identify with the need, as she’s “been homeless, too,” despite holding a master’s degree from Johns Hopkins.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30-an-hour-minimum-wage-this-democratic-candidate-says-yes

Why stop there? If we make it $3,000 / hour we could all live the life of the rich and famous.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
19 special prosecutors, more than 40 FBI agents, and produced three reports. American taxpayers footed the entire bill. Yet the Mueller team didn't know that Hillary Clinton spearheaded this fake narrative being leaked to the media and the FBI.....

Must be be embarrassing for these career criminal investigators..... I guess what I was told many years ago on a tour through the FBI building that they could find a needle in a haystack was just another Washington lie.

If you didn't know it then there is no excuse to not know it now. The Mueller investigation was more about politics than about the truth...