DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Apparently the leak doesn’t matter, but expanding and politicizing the court is a solution.

https://twitter.com/repadamschiff/status/1521974619745538049?s=21&t=WB3Wt7An865ZaDgIX8u54w
I saw this in the Roe thread and commented but yeah, idiot.

Expansion of the court now would be a serious overreach by a party that gained power simply because the other party had a President most everyone hated. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger court as it would provide more balance over time with lifetime appointments but this isn't the political climate to make that move. Calling for it now is just stupid.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Expansion of the court now would be a serious overreach by a party that gained power simply because the other party had a President most everyone hated. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger court as it would provide more balance over time with lifetime appointments but this isn't the political climate to make that move. Calling for it now is just stupid.
Lol, of course he 'doesn't care how the leak happened.'

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Apparently the leak doesn’t matter, but expanding and politicizing the court is a solution.

https://twitter.com/repadamschiff/status/1521974619745538049?s=21&t=WB3Wt7An865ZaDgIX8u54w

Same with doing away with the filibuster I believe.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
It's racist to make people go work in a building. And all this time I thought I had to go into a building to work because they hated gingers.

Employees Accuse Apple of Racism Amidst Return to Office

View attachment 95571

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/employees-accuse-apple-racism-amidst-141311267.html
Ahh, yes. Now asking everyone to come into work is also racist. BTW, if you go and read the letter that was sent, they claim that going into work benefits the "neuro-normative". Can't wait to find out what that means. :rolleyes:

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Ahh, yes. Now asking everyone to come into work is also racist. BTW, if you go and read the letter that was sent, they claim that going into work benefits the "neuro-normative". Can't wait to find out what that means. :rolleyes:
Some of these people need to be told, loudly, to GTFO with this crap. They, and the Smollett's need to own the harm they cause by selfishly wrapping themselves in victimhood at the expense of true victims.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
In this context, mostly people without adhd or an autism spectrum disorder. Open offices are a nightmare for someone with ADHD. As someome with adhd, even just having an office mate kills my productivity. I had to basically tell them to ignore me harshly when I get distracted and I set up my desk to essentially have blinders while using noise canceling headphones. I'm not saying they shouldn't go into the office, but doing a few years of work in shared offices was the clearest reminder that I do have adhd and just function differently. Where I differ from the current generation is I don't expect the organization to always adapt to me, though I'd be screwed if they didn't let me do the things I did to adapt to the environment.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Some of these people need to be told, loudly, to GTFO with this crap. They, and the Smollett's need to own the harm they cause by selfishly wrapping themselves in victimhood at the expense of true victims.
That's so random I literally had to go back to make sure I didn't miss an entire post about Jussie Smollett. Where on earth did that line come from?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
In this context, mostly people without adhd or an autism spectrum disorder. Open offices are a nightmare for someone with ADHD. As someome with adhd, even just having an office mate kills my productivity. I had to basically tell them to ignore me harshly when I get distracted and I set up my desk to essentially have blinders while using noise canceling headphones. I'm not saying they shouldn't go into the office, but doing a few years of work in shared offices was the clearest reminder that I do have adhd and just function differently. Where I differ from the current generation is I don't expect the organization to always adapt to me, though I'd be screwed if they didn't let me do the things I did to adapt to the environment.
Well see though, that's kind of how things are. There's no reason why you can't allow your employees to adapt to things around them. But the company itself shouldn't have to make drastic changes and adaptations in the way everybody else works if it's truly not necessary.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Well see though, that's kind of how things are. There's no reason why you can't allow your employees to adapt to things around them. But the company itself shouldn't have to make drastic changes and adaptations in the way everybody else works if it's truly not necessary.

Not sure if this is intended to disagree with me, but I don't think I said anything to disagree with this. I mostly just explained what neuro-normative meant in this context.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Not sure if this is intended to disagree with me, but I don't think I said anything to disagree with this. I mostly just explained what neuro-normative meant in this context.
No, not disagreeing. Agreeing that allowing employees the freedom to adapt things around them for comfort and productivity is a good thing. I've seen some companies take it too far.
Like the standing desk revolution of a few years ago. Yeah they are great, for those it works for. Getting standing desks for everyone though? Not good.

Mar 11, 2006
Apparently Sen Warren doesn’t realize that 51 is more than 49.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1524512288748756993?s=21&t=ZpPlkePmiFLbtM0q2ZgsZQ

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Apparently Sen Warren doesn’t realize that 51 is more than 49.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1524512288748756993?s=21&t=ZpPlkePmiFLbtM0q2ZgsZQ
She's wrong and a hypocrite.

The US Constitution explicitly allows the Senate to determine its express power to design its own procedural rules to govern its internal affairs.

According to David Harsanyi, a senior writer at National Review, Warren has participated in some 300 or more filibusters over the past five years.

In June 2020, Warren used the rule while the Democratic Party were in the minority in the U.S. Senate. Not only that, she used the supposedly “racist” rule against Sen. Tim Scott, a black Republican.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/eliz...MIq-nvgc7i9wIV0ACtBh0QJQTiEAMYASAAEgJkifD_BwE

Mar 11, 2006
The Press Secretary is tough job. But this complete non-answer is not a good look on your first day on the job. She would be much better served by saying “let me circle back to that” at a later time.
https://twitter.com/freebeacon/status/1526291633880412167?s=21&t=vueVlEoPzHxbXa8WY_8I9A