DNC has truly become a parody of itself

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The difference is one side could be voted out. The other tried to circumvent the system that voted him out. That is a threat to democracy and an attempt to install a despot. We can survive one of these. Our nation may not survive the other.

I’m not happy with either party right now, which is why I didn’t change my affiliation from Republican to Democrat, but will probably register as an independent for midterms. Each side has been escalating the rhetoric to dangerous levels and it spilled out on Jan 6. We had the opportunity to collectively condemn what happened that day. Instead, we continue to bicker and point fingers.

So, we’re likely on a collision course with another Jan 6 type of event, and some say possibly a civil war, unless someone can get us to work together for the good of our country. Unfortunately, I don’t see us putting aside our petty differences anytime soon.
I think we can put aside our petty differences. I don’t know how but I think it can be done.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I guess my response wasn’t too clear. I was just pointing out that although technically the both apply, Federal law will still rule when dealing with the same issue, almost as if it didn’t matter what the state says.
I am not an expert on this, but aren’t most major laws both federal and state issues? The feds set an overarching rule and allow states to set and enforce some of the nuances? Roe vs. Wade made abortion legal, but the limits of that right are set in each state. Here are some examples I found. It’s not purely a state or federal issue.

1. Physician and Hospital Requirements: 36 states require an abortion to be performed by a licensed physician. 19 states require an abortion to be performed in a hospital after a specified point in the pregnancy, and 17 states require the involvement of a second physician after a specified point.
  2. Gestational Limits: 43 states prohibit abortions after a specified point in pregnancy, with some exceptions provided. The allowable circumstances are generally when an abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health.
  3. “Partial-Birth” Abortion: 21 states have laws in effect that prohibit “partial-birth” abortion. 3 of these laws apply only to postviability abortions.
  4. Public Funding: 16 states use their own funds to pay for all or most medically necessary abortions for Medicaid enrollees in the state. 33 states and the District of Columbia prohibit the use of state funds except in those cases when federal funds are available: where the patient's life is in danger or the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest. In defiance of federal requirements, South Dakota limits funding to cases of life endangerment only.
  5. Coverage by Private Insurance: 12 states restrict coverage of abortion in private insurance plans, most often limiting coverage only to when the patient's life would be endangered if the pregnancy were carried to term. Most states allow the purchase of additional abortion coverage at an additional cost.
  6. Refusal: 45 states allow individual health care providers to refuse to participate in an abortion. 42 states allow institutions to refuse to perform abortions, 16 of which limit refusal to private or religious institutions.
  7. State-Mandated Counseling: 18 states mandate that individuals be given counseling before an abortion that includes information on at least one of the following: the purported link between abortion and breast cancer (5 states), the ability of a fetus to feel pain (13 states) or long-term mental health consequences for the patient (8 states).
  8. Waiting Periods: 25 states require a person seeking an abortion to wait a specified period of time, usually 24 hours, between when they receive counseling and the procedure is performed. 12 of these states have laws that effectively require the patient make two separate trips to the clinic to obtain the procedure.
  9. Parental Involvement: 37 states require some type of parental involvement in a minor’s decision to have an abortion. 27 states require one or both parents to consent to the procedure, while 10 require that one or both parents be notified.

Sep 12, 2008
"Last year proved to be the deadliest in a quarter of a century for Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s (D) strife-torn Chicago.

The Hill reports that Chicago police confirmed the city witnessed 797 homicides during the course of 2021.

The Associated Press notes the 797 homicides represent “25 more than were recorded 2020, 299 more than in 2019 and the most since 1996.”

Moreover, there were “3,561 shooting incidents in 2021, which is just over 300 more than were recorded in 2020.” The figure of 3,561 represents over 1,400 more shooting instances than were seen in 2019."

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
"Last year proved to be the deadliest in a quarter of a century for Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s (D) strife-torn Chicago.

The Hill reports that Chicago police confirmed the city witnessed 797 homicides during the course of 2021.

The Associated Press notes the 797 homicides represent “25 more than were recorded 2020, 299 more than in 2019 and the most since 1996.”

Moreover, there were “3,561 shooting incidents in 2021, which is just over 300 more than were recorded in 2020.” The figure of 3,561 represents over 1,400 more shooting instances than were seen in 2019."
So still trending down then

There have been over 40,000 homicides in Chicago in the last 63 years ...that is an avg of 660 homicides PER YEAR EVERY YEAR. Since 1958

Chicago_Murder_Rates.png

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
The main problem is that some are very suspicious of whites and in particular, liberal whites. The more that politicians push the vaccine, the more they will resist. I can’t blame them either. There’s not a long history of trust between them.

So, they’re trying their best to make it seem that they’re health ( any minority ) is just as important by giving them first preference over the majority. Sure, some media will do their primary job (fear) but I wouldn’t read much into it. They’re not having much response regardless of the path.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
How do reconcile the “most homicides since 1996” with “trending down”?
Well it is reality. Chicago had been one of the deadliest cities in this country for over 100 years now and it has nothing to do with politics

There are PLENTY of Democrat led cities experiencing HUGE murder rate increases recently that an argument can he made to be linked to their policies driven by politics ....I would suggest Seattle.

Chicago is so politicized because it's numbers "shock" people...but in reality Chicago is in the middle of a steady decline in homicides since the 70s

Mar 11, 2006
Well it is reality. Chicago had been one of the deadliest cities in this country for over 100 years now and it has nothing to do with politics

There are PLENTY of Democrat led cities experiencing HUGE murder rate increases recently that an argument can he made to be linked to their policies driven by politics ....I would suggest Seattle.

Chicago is so politicized because it's numbers "shock" people...but in reality Chicago is in the middle of a steady decline in homicides since the 70s
I don’t know why I am arguing this …but you are not following stats. There was a big drop in murders in Chicago from the early 90’s and another drop after 2002. The number of murders was fairly consistent from 2003 to 2019. But that decline stopped dramatically in 2020 and that trend worsened in 2021.

2020 was the deadliest in the last 18 years and 2021was worse since 1996. It is not ”trending down”. To be clear I am making not making claim this is a Democrat caused problem, but it is incorrect to state that “Chicago is in the middle of a steady decline”.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
The main problem is that some are very suspicious of whites and in particular, liberal whites. The more that politicians push the vaccine, the more they will resist. I can’t blame them either. There’s not a long history of trust between them.

So, they’re trying their best to make it seem that they’re health ( any minority ) is just as important by giving them first preference over the majority. Sure, some media will do their primary job (fear) but I wouldn’t read much into it. They’re not having much response regardless of the path.
Explain it however you need to so you can sleep at night, but there’s nothing to be read into. It’s flat out racial discrimination, period, and there’s no good in that whatsoever.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
How do reconcile the “most homicides since 1996” with “trending down”?
By context to every year back to 1928.
Explain it however you need to so you can sleep at night, but there’s nothing to be read into. It’s flat out racial discrimination, period.
Feels like they already know that. And they know it won’t stand up to any legal challenge. They do it all the time with lots of subjects. So long as they hit their goal first, they’ll say it was worth it.