Detroit Free Press sports page...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 20, 2013
Agreed. My immediate thought was bad weather, bad economy, bad franchise, bad football team, bad tax rate. I guess if you're getting picked #1 overall, there's a reason.

Jul 9, 2004
Agreed. My immediate thought was bad weather, bad economy, bad franchise, bad football team, bad tax rate. I guess if you're getting picked #1 overall, there's a reason.
i've heard multiple times over the past 25 years about how this or that is what Detroit needs to start a renaissance. nothing works.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Detroit is actually not bad outside of the city; I'd put Bloomfield Hills up against any neighborhood in Oklahoma City or Dallas.

As for the city of Detroit; I mean yeah, their city got turned to debris, but at least American automobiles are super affordable now...Wait, What?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Detroit is actually not bad outside of the city; I'd put Bloomfield Hills up against any neighborhood in Oklahoma City or Dallas.

As for the city of Detroit; I mean yeah, their city got turned to debris, but at least American automobiles are super affordable now...Wait, What?

My brother and sister in law live in Grosse Pointe and love it up there.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
No top 10 pick, much less top 5, much less #1 goes into a good situation. It sounds like at least the Pistons have been rebuilding with other young talent so they may not be absolute rock bottom for the future.

There's some historically bad franchises going deep in this year's playoffs, so there is hope.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
As far as team fit goes, I think Detroit was a favorable result for Cade.

They have an intriguing young core already in place with Killian Hayes, Sadiq Bey, and Isaiah Stewart. Jerami Grant is coming off a career year and is a good veteran presence.

Hayes will be a good secondary playmaker for Cade. They still need more shooting and a frontcourt partner for Stewart. But I think Cade is probably pretty happy with last night's results.

All that said, Detroit is one of the few teams I could see picking someone else at #1 or even trading the pick. Troy Weaver loves to go against the grain so I wouldn't say anything is set in stone.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
As far as team fit goes, I think Detroit was a favorable result for Cade.

They have an intriguing young core already in place with Killian Hayes, Sadiq Bey, and Isaiah Stewart. Jerami Grant is coming off a career year and is a good veteran presence.

Hayes will be a good secondary playmaker for Cade. They still need more shooting and a frontcourt partner for Stewart. But I think Cade is probably pretty happy with last night's results.

All that said, Detroit is one of the few teams I could see picking someone else at #1 or even trading the pick. Troy Weaver loves to go against the grain so I wouldn't say anything is set in stone.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
While I don't see him slipping to #2, it would be interesting if OKC would pre-arrange a trade with the Rockets if that should occur.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
Ever been to Detroit?
Three times. Spent the night once when I was a kid on our way to Toronto. Much more prosperous times. Went to a Tigers game. I spent a week in the downtown area for a conference several years ago. Those are my most vivid memories. Hotel encouraged us not to go out on foot after about 6:00 pm. It was a ghost town at night, much like the aforementioned movie. Had a connecting flight through there about 10 years ago.

My dad was on a business trip to Detroit in 1967 during the riots. Not surprising, most of the root causes of those riots are the same things supposedly happening today.