Derek Chauvin verdict

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Deal. So when is she being impeached/removed from office and or at the very minimum censured by the House? OOhhh right the liberals killed that because its their teammate.
both were in the wrong for their comments...agreed that she should be censured, unfortunately our Congress is party driven where not much can get done when it needs to get done...

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I got a red x from @CowboyJD so I am going to reconsider this. As I said, I had a hard time seeing the grainy video on my phone.
I'll tell you why you got it.

Even if she was walking away from the officer with a knife in her hand, she is still a threat of seriously bodily injury to the officer (the old 21 foot rule) AND to others that are well within that 21 foot.

So even IF she somehow is arguably not a threat to the officer, she is clearly a threat to others on the scene.

The officer rolling up on that melee doesn't have the benefit of the parties being identified as Binman has done afterwards...he's rolling up on a fight call he has been dispatched to and sees someone with a knife, getting ready to stab someone.

Also, your first impression on the video is usually given more time than the officer will have had to make his first impression life and death decision. There are no re-dos in this type of situation. Only Monday morning quarterbacking.

And please do not take my statements as me arguing that there aren't issues with excessive force or the possibility of systemic bias in policing. That is not what I am saying at all.

Finally, there is an old saying about these types of split second decisions involving lethal force by law enforcement....It's better to be judged by 12 in a jury box than carried away in a box by 6.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
The reason for the 'X's is the 21 foot "rule". From within 21feet a knife is considered as lethal as a pistol. I can assure you the edge weapon in hand vs a pistol in a holster is at the very least equally deadly. Check with about any LEO (or ex-military so trained) and they will confirm.
Some of us learned this watching Justified. :)

Mar 11, 2006
Not trying to be over the top, but the more and more information we get from this story really shows how the initial framing was wrong. The headline for this story should be “HERO OFFICER SAVES ThE LIFE OF YOUNG WOMAN”.
(note: I am assuming the audio is real, but can’t confirm)
https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1385305451428990978?s=21

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Not trying to be over the top, but the more and more information we get from this story really shows how the initial framing was wrong. The headline for this story should be “HERO OFFICER SAVES ThE LIFE OF YOUNG WOMAN”.
Does the girl who was shot have any right to stand your ground protection? These people were at her house and attacking her ? I'm wondering where her rights to protect herself and use deadly force to protect herself in her own home and on her own yard ended.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
OK & CA
This is a sad indictment of the media world we live it. The name of the knife-wielding girl is made into a hashtag and some view her as a martyr. But few will know the name of the girl who died from the knife violence.

Our media has its eyes on the wrong problem. In Chicago alone, 46 times more people were shot and killed in 2020 compared to police shooting an unarmed person in the entire nation.

This shouldn’t be a political issue. If we want to save lives, we should focus on the MUCH larger problem instead of allowing political groups to divide us.
Teenage Girls Stabbing Each other...Teenage Boys shooting guns at 3AM...

We don't have a police problem.
Nobody really thinks we have a police problem.

Nov 23, 2010
Does the girl who was shot have any right to stand your ground protection? These people were at her house and attacking her ? I'm wondering where her rights to protect herself and use deadly force to protect herself in her own home and on her own yard ended.
All of the girls were living at the same foster home right?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
All of the girls were living at the same foster home right?
there are also reports that one of the fosters called someone when this all happened and that several adult females showed up and they begin attacking the girl. From the reports we have now....she got into a fight with another foster child in the home....that kid called some people who showed up and then all hell broke loose.
100% going to need more info on this. Official police reports have not yet been released

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
there are also reports that one of the fosters called someone when this all happened and that several adult females showed up and they begin attacking the girl. From the reports we have now....she got into a fight with another foster child in the home....that kid called some people who showed up and then all hell broke loose.
100% going to need more info on this. Official police reports have not yet been released
More info is needed to determine what exactly?

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Man that cop is a hero. I hope he gets treated as such.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
More info is needed to determine what exactly?
To determine what exactly happened.
This is a foster home, those kids still living there need to be safe.
To determine if this girl was in the middle of rightfully defending her own life when police arrived.
To understand why the 911 caller mentioned their grandmother was being threatened and roughed up. Who is this grandmother??
The 911 call was about someone trying to stab girls....was this girl a potential victim that got her hands on the weapon and then try to use it to defend herself and others
Did other non residents of the house show up and escalate the situation where people feared for their lives?

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
To determine if this girl was in the middle of rightfully defending her own life when police arrived.
To understand why the 911 caller mentioned their grandmother was being threatened and roughed up. Who is this grandmother??
The 911 call was about someone trying to stab girls....was this girl a potential victim that got her hands on the weapon and then try to use it to defend herself and others
Did other non residents of the house show up and escalate the situation where people feared for their lives?
Why was a grown man kicking a young girl who was on the ground in the face?

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
All of which has nothing to do with whether at the moment in time the officer pulls up to that melee, he sees one person with a knife about to stab another. Unfortunately, officers almost never have the luxury of time to determine that type of thing when someone is about to stab someone else. That's why the standard is imminent danger of great bodily harm or death to the officer OR others. Period. Full stop.

That's why they're called "hot calls".

How would getting that information before the officer makes his shoot/don't shoot decision even look like to you? He waits and demands they stop fighting and talk to him while someone's getting stabbed? What.