DePaul Transfer Top 3

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
https://pistolsfiringblog.com/depaul-center-nick-ongenda-puts-osu-in-top-3/

Also mentions many of the names on threads. The kid from Coastal Carolina has like 30 schools, many big name schools, after him. Not as much sure about the kid from UTEP.
I know you can't coach a kid to be tall but I don't think a 6'11" kid that averaged 4 rebounds a game at DePaul is really going to put the Pokes over the top. Doesn't hurt to have a bunch of tall dudes on your team though.

Sep 23, 2010
I know you can't coach a kid to be tall but I don't think a 6'11" kid that averaged 4 rebounds a game at DePaul is really going to put the Pokes over the top. Doesn't hurt to have a bunch of tall dudes on your team though.
It's a bit underwhelming. All the while he did this on a team where their coach got fired. Texas and Beard being involved makes you think the kid must have some raw talent that has yet to be developed. But Texas is also trying to fill out a depleted roster at this point. I didn't watch DePaul all year so I can't speak for anything.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
It's a bit underwhelming. All the while he did this on a team where their coach got fired. Texas and Beard being involved makes you think the kid must have some raw talent that has yet to be developed. But Texas is also trying to fill out a depleted roster at this point. I didn't watch DePaul all year so I can't speak for anything.
That is the hope right? That he was underutilized and we can unlock his potential. NBA in a nutshell. Key to making millions of dollars? Be over 7 feet tall and play basketball. Someone will give you a chance.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
https://pistolsfiringblog.com/depaul-center-nick-ongenda-puts-osu-in-top-3/

Also mentions many of the names on threads. The kid from Coastal Carolina has like 30 schools, many big name schools, after him. Not as much sure about the kid from UTEP.
He only played about 20 minutes a game, so 4 rebounds in that time isn’t terrible. The bigger problem is it looks like he didn’t play more because he was foul prone, averaged 3.5 fouls in those 20 minutes.