Deadlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Where exactly is this foundation you're referring to? Or are you doing more assuming of BV and what he might be able to do? So far you've whiffed on all your expectations of him for this season. I recommend the wait and see approach, but then again, I'm not completely full of sh1t either.

I'll agree that BV probably isn't Schnelly, but he might not be much better than John Blake. I've heard a lot of Blake comparisons from Sooner friends of mine that are less full sh1t than you. Blake recruited well too! Ask Bob Stoops about it.
Venables and staff recruit better than blake, stoops and riley did, so far. It's just going to take a bit of time to reap the benefit of that talent in the system they run

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Venables and staff recruit better than blake, stoops and riley did, so far. It's just going to take a bit of time to reap the benefit of that talent in the system they run
Venables has one recruiting class at OU under his belt and Riley did a lot of that work. Venables kept some committed and brought in some new guys. I'll give him credit for that, but iirc, Bob Stoops had multiple top 10 classes. Maybe even top 5 classes?

You have a bad habit of counting your chickens before they hatch, putting the wagon before your my little ponies, and never learning from any of it.

OU is just turning into goon aggy.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Venables has one recruiting class at OU under his belt and Riley did a lot of that work. Venables kept some committed and brought in some new guys. I'll give him credit for that, but iirc, Bob Stoops had multiple top 10 classes. Maybe even top 5 classes?

You have a bad habit of counting your chickens before they hatch, putting the wagon before your my little ponies, and never learning from any of it.

Aggy On The Prairie. :lol:

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Also a douchey coach that is easy to dislike and ridiculous traditions to laugh at. But I'm more looking at some of the recruiting victories they had over OU because of their NIL. Either way, plenty of animus to go around so I feel like that could turn into a nice rivalry
Well, Jimbo has certainly demonstrated that it takes more than top-ranked recruiting classes to win games.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Also a douchey coach that is easy to dislike and ridiculous traditions to laugh at. But I'm more looking at some of the recruiting victories they had over OU because of their NIL. Either way, plenty of animus to go around so I feel like that could turn into a nice rivalry
Won't be long, you'll be doing stuff with jars...

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010

He has one full class under his belt that was in the mid 20s when he took over. Which would have been the worst rated class since the 90s. But In 2 weeks he recruited well enough to get it in the top 8, making it I think the 2nd best class in the last 15 or something years. And in '23 it's already better than anything OU has done since the early 2000s.

Stoops was a good recruiter, better early in his career than later. And it's not so much the top 5 or top 10 as it is the quality of players they are getting. like overall player rating average, top 100, top 150 etc players, especially at qb.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the depth that awaits the roster once they get in a full team of the players that fit their system. How exciting!

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
No, you weren't. What you said makes no sense in that context.
Yes i was.

I was replying to a photo of something about we dont want riley, then it was something like we hate riley. and my reply was OU will be better in the long run. That's he context you were missing I guess. It had nothing to do with any games.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
It had nothing to do with any games.
And the context you are missing in the meme are the back to back conference losses. Without those the meme makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So, thank you for proving my point, a very lucid moment for you, almost self-aware. Now you can go back to being stupid.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
And the context you are missing in the meme are the back to back conference losses. Without those the meme makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So, thank you for proving my point, a very lucid moment for you, almost self-aware. Now you can go back to being stupid.
1-4 in their last 5 conference games. It doesn't have much to do with the topic at hand, but I just thought it needed to be brought up.