Deadlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Seems more like Cousin Eddie, but whatever.
The road doesn't get any easier for us or for OU. We're adding 3-4 consistently ranked teams and getting rid of one. Sheer size of the conference increasing will make it harder to end up top 2. However our program feels like it's hitting it's stride where we can be in contention for the CCG most years. We did it with you here, may again this year, and should after you leave.
OU is going to need a lot of help to get there, and I agree the only way that happens is falling backward into it after not winning the conference. Maybe both Bama and Georgia fall on hard times and LSU doesn't come back. You will be able to beat the lower tier SEC teams who aren't any better than the lower tier B12 teams, but top end matchups...we've seen what happens to you guys in the playoffs.
They might as well learn to chant SEC SEC that's the only way they will achieve feeling like winners

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Seems more like Cousin Eddie, but whatever.
The road doesn't get any easier for us or for OU. We're adding 3-4 consistently ranked teams and getting rid of one. Sheer size of the conference increasing will make it harder to end up top 2. However our program feels like it's hitting it's stride where we can be in contention for the CCG most years. We did it with you here, may again this year, and should after you leave.
OU is going to need a lot of help to get there, and I agree the only way that happens is falling backward into it after not winning the conference. Maybe both Bama and Georgia fall on hard times and LSU doesn't come back. You will be able to beat the lower tier SEC teams who aren't any better than the lower tier B12 teams, but top end matchups...we've seen what happens to you guys in the playoffs.
Yeah, it will be a lot easier to make it to the ccg when OU leaves. But as you found out, winning it is hard.

I lke OU's chances to be successful in that conference if they keep recruiting like this. As it turns out, high strung defensive minded coaches who preach fundamentals is a key formula for success over there. It'll be easier to get regular season Ws against those teams as they become more familiar with eachother and the opposition doesnt have a month to plan for them like they do in bowl season.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Sounds like a weird thing to hope for. It will never happen with this fan base though, conference pride is irrelevant.
Not really hope, as my give-a-crap factor about OU will plummet the day you guys can afford to exit my conference. But 100% certainty you and your fanbase will be waving that flag all you can, especially after toting "extra meaningful and tough" conference defeats.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Yeah, it will be a lot easier to make it to the ccg when OU leaves. But as you found out, winning it is hard.

I lke OU's chances to be successful in that conference if they keep recruiting like this. As it turns out, high strung defensive minded coaches who preach fundamentals is a key formula for success over there. It'll be easier to get regular season Ws against those teams as they become more familiar with eachother and the opposition doesnt have a month to plan for them like they do in bowl season.
I said it'll be tougher after OU and Texas leave. More quality teams to compete with. I like our chances to compete. Our coaches have proven we can be one of the winningest programs in the country despite internet yahoos who think stars that recruits have directly chalk up football wins.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Not really hope, as my give-a-crap factor about OU will plummet the day you guys can afford to exit my conference. But 100% certainty you and your fanbase will be waving that flag all you can, especially after toting "extra meaningful and tough" conference defeats.
Do losses just mean less in the SEC or are they just more fulfilling?

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
I disagree, it seems like quite an odd thing to hope for.

Nah, they wont be sec fans. conference fanhood is irrelevant. We make fun of those people and always will.

I said it'll be tougher after OU and Texas leave. More quality teams to compete with. I like our chances to compete. Our coaches have proven we can be one of the winningest programs in the country despite internet yahoos who think stars that recruits have directly chalk up football wins.
I know what you said, but it's wrong. It'll be a lot easier to make it in when OU is gone, since OU has played in nearly all of them, one spot was essentially reserved for them. So, previously you were playing for 1 spot, OU's opponent. When OU leaves, there will be TWO spots open, thus making the 2 team field more achievable.

If you think houston and byu and ucf and cincy are all quality teams, then you think smaller than I gave you credit for.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
It's all irrelevant unless you win a national championship. The miss congeniality trophey for conference championships have little meaning.
Nah, conference pride is definitely irrelevant. Who cares about that? It's a fun talking/bragging point, but taking pride in that is completely irrelevant.

But winning your conference will always matter. Being conference champs will always matter. Especially now with consolidation happening.

Last edited:

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I know what you said, but it's wrong. It'll be a lot easier to make it in when OU is gone, since OU has played in nearly all of them. If you think houston and byu and ucf and cincy are all quality teams, then you think smaller than I gave you credit for.
It's 100% correct. It's math. More quality teams means a harder road. Are Texas and OU usually better than those 4 teams? Yes, individually. But in a given year, several of our new teams can & have "put it all together" to be playoff-caliber teams. If we have to face 2 of 4 of them on their "up" years, it's a harder road than a good OU team and what has become of Texas.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Oh, look! Perfect timing. It’s TG’s favorite Gundy topic, flirting with other schools! Lol he turned down Tenn’s $42mil.

Had he taken the job, it would’ve been just like the time TG’s Football Jesus, Lincoln Riley, flirted with some schools and then left for greener pastures. But Gundy stayed and it’s only bad when your rival coach considers it instead of your schools winning percentage GOAT actually does it.

https://247sports.com/college/oklah...-stability-in-Stillwater-191587691/?fs=e&s=cl

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
It's 100% correct. It's math. More quality teams means a harder road. Are Texas and OU usually better than those 4 teams? Yes, individually. But in a given year, several of our new teams can & have "put it all together" to be playoff-caliber teams. If we have to face 2 of 4 of them on their "up" years, it's a harder road than a good OU team and what has become of Texas.
The math shows us that the last 14 conference championship games, OU was in 11 of them. So, historically, 1 of those 2 spots was essentially reserved for OU. Meaning the rest of the conference was playing for the other spot. and from 96-2010 only the north really was playing for that 2nd spot.

Now things are opened up, with OU leaving, that opens up both spots for you to compete for instead of just the one. It's easier to qualify for 1 of 2 spots than it is to qualify for the 1 spot.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
The math shows us that the last 14 conference championship games, OU was in 11 of them. So, historically, 1 of those 2 spots was essentially reserved for OU. Meaning the rest of the conference was playing for the other spot. and from 96-2010 only the north really was playing for that 2nd spot.

Now things are opened up, with OU leaving, that opens up both spots for you to compete for instead of just the one. It's easier to qualify for 1 of 2 spots than it is to qualify for the 1 spot.
I didn't actually expect you to understand math. :lol: My (correct) point remains.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
I didn't actually expect you to understand math. :lol: My (correct) point remains.
You are entitled to your wrong beliefs. But it's a lot easier to get to the conference championship game when OU isnt on your schedule, making 9 teams fight for 1 spot. Soon there will be 12 teams fighting for 2 spots! Statistically 12 teams fighting for 2 spots gives each of those 12 teams a higher chance to qualify for one of those two than if 9 were fighting for 1.

TypicalGooner

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Oh, look! Perfect timing. It’s TG’s favorite Gundy topic, flirting with other schools! Lol he turned down Tenn’s $42mil.

Had he taken the job, it would’ve been just like the time TG’s Football Jesus, Lincoln Riley, flirted with some schools and then left for greener pastures. But Gundy stayed and it’s only bad when your rival coach considers it instead of your schools winning percentage GOAT actually does it.

https://247sports.com/college/oklah...-stability-in-Stillwater-191587691/?fs=e&s=cl
Tennessee actually has expectations of a head coach, expects them to be able to recruit and win.

He’s had one conference championship in 18 seasons and zero post season appearances.

The article says he’s personally contacted Tennessee not because he was really serious about taking the job. But because he knew he could milk y’all for more money because you know damn good and well no one else is coming to Stillwater and staying.

You guys are codependent on Gundy. And deep down you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Tennessee actually has expectations of a head coach, expects them to be able to recruit and win.

He’s had one conference championship in 18 seasons and zero post season appearances.

The article says he’s personally contacted Tennessee not because he was really serious about taking the job. But because he knew he could milk y’all for more money because you know damn good and well no one else is coming to Stillwater and staying.

You guys are codependent on Gundy. And deep down you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never in my life have I come across anyone who had their head buried deeper in their own anus.