Deadlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Ah yes. Forgot you guys don’t care about recruiting because apparently it’s not important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They only care about recruiting when OU isnt in the top 20. Other than that recruiting discussion is uninteresting to them.

We churn out as many unanimous All-Americans as OU does, so no, we really don't care about all the recruits OU wastes.
You should care, or at the least, your coach should care because it would be nice to win the conference more than once a decade, right? Or are you gonna be like texas fans, talk about how you dont care about winning the conference.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
You mean that McAlester rb that's rushed for over 4000 yds who you're not even considering at rb. Cool.
Playing safety at OU is apparently a better opportunity than playing rb at those other offers he had. But he may not play much, since OU is about to get another top 100 safety to commit, Makari Vickers. But you never know

But no, he's referring to yet another top 100 db who committed to OU recently. But we forget how you guys much care for recruiting talk now that june is over.

One thing is for sure, Venables is hammering that defense on the recruiting trail. So it looks like defense is coming back

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You mean the people who babble on about sports, make poor opinions to generate ad revenue?

Nobody is talking about Oklahoma State. At all. Y’all get no preseason hype on ESPN. Anything good that you have is gone the next season when you realize you can’t afford to have anything good. Every coordinator worth a crap leaves at the first high profile gig that comes around.

Gundy is even taking you guys on a ride because he has had almost two decades in your program and is just good enough to keep your hopes up without ever getting you to that next level. And has dangled leaving in front of your administration to get a pay raise when it’s convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn, TG. You seem big mad right now.

Here's a link to all the professionals, both media and coaches, not hyping Oklahoma Sate at all. I'm fairly certain a handful of these professionals came from OU. Their professional opinions differ from yours, which is a good reason why anything you say and think and do doesn't matter to pretty much everyone outside of your immediate family.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

I don't care to address another dumb and meaningless opinion on Gundy, but I will address his raises that you like to point out often as if anyone here gives a F about what you have to say. Yes, Gundy got upset with his former boss who, while he was an effective AD, is widely known as an ass hole and hard to work with. Now tell us about how your Football Jesus, Riley, flirted with LSU and then left for USC when he didn't agree with the AD. That's a good one.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
The only person who believes that garbage is TG. What fine company you two are.
Uh huh. In what 31 years of coaching, his team has played in 1 championship game. one. It was the most meaningful game he's ever coached in and we know how that turned out.

What are the most meaningful victories okie state has had over a team not named Oklahoma? And dont try to tell me a bowl game is meaningful, you dont play for anything in a bowl game. What's the most a gundy coached team has had on the line and then won?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Uh huh. In what 31 years of coaching, his team has played in 1 championship game. one. It was the most meaningful game he's ever coached in and we know how that turned out.

What are the most meaningful victories okie state has had over a team not named Oklahoma? And dont try to tell me a bowl game is meaningful, you dont play for anything in a bowl game. What's the most a gundy coached team has had on the line and then won?
Man.. I remember when y'all were doing back flips after beating Bama in the Sugar Bowl, which you know is just a meaningless bowl game.

I'm not going to let you set the table for me when you won't set the same one for yourself. The hypocrisy between you two goons is never ending.

Oct 30, 2012
Man.. I remember when y'all were doing back flips after beating Bama in the Sugar Bowl, which you know is just a meaningless bowl game.

I'm not going to let you set the table for me when you won't set the same one for yourself. The hypocrisy between you two goons is never ending.
It is impossible to have an actual conversation with these two about Ok St and Ou football. I know several Ou fans who I can have great conversations with (Ou alums, former members of the roughnecks, athletics, etc.) about the rivalry and all things both schools. These two on this message board are either extreme homers or literally only desire to stir the pot and attempt to piss people off. Either way, can’t have a conversation with.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
They only care about recruiting when OU isnt in the top 20. Other than that recruiting discussion is uninteresting to them.

You should care, or at the least, your coach should care because it would be nice to win the conference more than once a decade, right? Or are you gonna be like texas fans, talk about how you dont care about winning the conference.
Hilarious. This will literally be OU fans in a couple of years.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010

yes, not very meaningful wins. Fun for the fans though. Gives a sense of momentum. But youre not playing with anything on the line.

So, that’s all you Got?

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010

Hilarious. This will literally be OU fans in a couple of years.
In that conference, you could lose one game all year and not win your own division. So there would be exceptions for sure. But winning the conference championship will always Matter

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
yes, not very meaningful wins. Fun for the fans though. Gives a sense of momentum. But youre not playing with anything on the line.

So, that’s all you Got?
I’ve got plenty but you set the table. Your table is win the CCG and go on to lose the very next game. Anything else is not considered a big win per your standards.

Y’all are really going to miss the damn near annual CCG. You never miss your water till the well runs dry.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
I’ve got plenty but you set the table. Your table is win the CCG and go on to lose the very next game. Anything else is not considered a big win per your standards.

Y’all are really going to miss the damn near annual CCG. You never miss your water till the well runs dry.
My table is meaningful wins. Winning a bunch of games against big 12 type competition, but never any sort of championship, that's just boring. Just like boise state. Championships of some sort would certainly move the needle. For example, who cares if you win 11 or 12 games in a season if you didnt win your conference, and had no shot at playing for a national title? You won 11 or 12 not very meaningful games. Cool, if that's all you're after. Playing for a championship is more meaningful though. You know how much more meaningful bedlam was when something was on the line for each team? recall how more meaningful that 2nd game against baylor was last season? Cause you were playing for something. now those were the two most meaningful games all season. It doesnt even have to be explained, we both know.

So like, if you win a big game that puts you in a championship game, hey that's big time. if you beat a top 10 team, it's usually a meaningful game, unless you suck that year. then so what. The point i was making is that despite having so many wins, so few of them were really meaningful, except those few against OU. Just like boise state.

I'm excited for the move, I know all the arguments against it. Im still excited. Looks like recruits are excited too. It's going to be awesome. Hopefully we keep bedlam, never hurts having an easy W 80% of the time built right in to the schedule.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
You going to keep coming in here in a couple years if you're annually playing for momentum and we're annually playing for conference championships?
Wouldnt that be nice? Big bro leaves and you finally get to play for something more than once a decade.

OU will be angling for the playoff field and that means sometimes you dont have to win your conference to get there. I suspect OU will be back in the playoffs long before osu makes their first appearance. Especially if recruiting momentum like this keeps up

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Wouldnt that be nice? Big bro leaves and you finally get to play for something more than once a decade.

OU will be angling for the playoff field and that means sometimes you dont have to win your conference to get there. I suspect OU will be back in the playoffs long before osu makes their first appearance. Especially if recruiting momentum like this keeps up
Seems more like Cousin Eddie, but whatever.
The road doesn't get any easier for us or for OU. We're adding 3-4 consistently ranked teams and getting rid of one. Sheer size of the conference increasing will make it harder to end up top 2. However our program feels like it's hitting it's stride where we can be in contention for the CCG most years. We did it with you here, may again this year, and should after you leave.
OU is going to need a lot of help to get there, and I agree the only way that happens is falling backward into it after not winning the conference. Maybe both Bama and Georgia fall on hard times and LSU doesn't come back. You will be able to beat the lower tier SEC teams who aren't any better than the lower tier B12 teams, but top end matchups...we've seen what happens to you guys in the playoffs.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Seems more like Cousin Eddie, but whatever.
The road doesn't get any easier for us or for OU. We're adding 3-4 consistently ranked teams and getting rid of one. Sheer size of the conference increasing will make it harder to end up top 2. However our program feels like it's hitting it's stride where we can be in contention for the CCG most years. We did it with you here, may again this year, and should after you leave.
OU is going to need a lot of help to get there, and I agree the only way that happens is falling backward into it after not winning the conference. Maybe both Bama and Georgia fall on hard times and LSU doesn't come back. You will be able to beat the lower tier SEC teams who aren't any better than the lower tier B12 teams, but top end matchups...we've seen what happens to you guys in the playoffs.